Casey Anthony, the infamous mother who is planning to get baptized, was again in court Friday for a hearing on the Zenaida Gonzalez’s civil trial.
After hearing three hours of arguments from both sides, the Florida judge Lisa Munyon said that she would rule on the defamation law suit against Anthony within the next 60 days.
Munyon also said that she would issue a written ruling in the lawsuit.
Charles Greene, Anthony’s attorney, calling the case a publicity stunt filed a motion for summary judgment so that the case doesn’t go for trial, which means that they want Munyon to rule without a trail.
Zenaida Gonzalez has sued the 26-year-old Orlando mother for defamation. Gonzalez also claimed that Anthony harassed her after she came up with a fictitious babysitter name Zenaida Gonzalez-Fernandez. During the murder trial last summer, Anthony said that the nanny abducted the 2-year-old Caylee in 2008. Anthony’s defense later claimed that Caylee awas not kidnapped and she drowned in the family's swimming pool.
Gonzalez attorney Keith Mitnik said that they have already provided enough of evidence to show that their client was defamed by Anthony.
Mitnik has also played a jailhouse video in which Anthony claimed that police never showed her Gonzalez’s photo, but in reality they did.
She said, 'They did not show me a picture. They did not show me a picture of that lady from Kissimmee' Mitnik said Friday.
Greene, however, defended Anthony and said the same video shows that the sketch Anthony gave of the nanny has no resemblance to Gonzalez and Anthony never said she was the kidnapper.
Earlier this month, Munyon ruled that the case was scheduled for trial on Jan. 2, 2013.