Casio Computer Co. and NTT DoCoMo Inc. will form a joint venture to link cash registers with wireless electronic payment systems, the two Japanese companies said on Tuesday.

The firms aim to provide services and equipments for businesses hoping to attract shoppers using their mobile phones to pay for snacks and concert tickets.

The joint venture will be established on July 9 and begin providing services on September 1, the companies said in a press release.

Casio will own 60 percent of the venture, which would be capitalized at 750 million yen ($6.13 million), while DoCoMo will hold the remaining 40 percent.