After taking a season-long hiatus, NBC is revving up its “Celebrity Apprentice” engines once again. Although no premiere date has been set for Season 15, the cast of celebrities competing for charity was finally revealed by the network, along with some exciting new celebrity advisors.
According to E! Online, a new crop of 16 D-List celebrities have been selected to compete in Season 15 (Season 8 of its “Celebrity” incarnation) with the show’s new host, Arnold Schwarzenegger. The stars cover a wide spectrum of fame from figures in sports, reality TV, music and comedy. The new cast headed to “Celebrity Apprentice” include:
- Laila Ali: a retired boxing world champion and the daughter of famed sports icon Muhammad Ali
- Brooke Burke-Charvet: Actress, host and CEO of ModernMom.com
- Eric Dickerson: Hall of Fame running back
- Boy George: Grammy-winning recording artist
- Matt Iseman: Host of “American Ninja Warrior”
- Carrie Keagan: Actress and former host of the VH1 series “Big Morning Buzz Live with Carrie Keagan”
- Carson Kressley: Emmy-winning reality TV star and celebrity stylist
- Lisa Leslie: Four-time Olympic gold medalist and WNBA champion
- Jon Lovitz: Comedian and former “Saturday Night Live” cast member
- Vince Neil: Lead singer of Mötley Crüe
- Nicole “Snookie” Polizzi: Reality star known for “The Jersey Shore”
- Kyle Richards: Star of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”
- Chael Sonnen: Former UFC mixed martial arts fighter
- Porsha Williams: Singer and “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star
- Ricky Williams: ESPN sports analyst, former Heisman Trophy winner
- Carnie Wilson: Singer and member of Wilson Phillips
Each of the celebrities will be playing the game on behalf of a reputable charity of his or her choosing. In the past, each challenge was designed to raise money for those charities and the person that did the worst ended up with his or her head on the chopping block for elimination. While this season looks to be no different in terms of structure, the switch from Donald Trump as host to Schwarzenegger will see a major aesthetic change.
According to Variety, Season 15 will move from New York City to Los Angeles, with a headquarters at the Silicon Beach technology hub. This year the tasks will be geared toward highlighting the business of technology and innovation.
In addition to a new cast and a new host will be some trusty advisors to help the teams on their journey to success. Previously, Trump used his business-oriented friends and family in advisory positions, but the Season 15 boardroom will have some new celebrity faces. TV Line reports that former “America’s Next Top Model” host Tyra Banks, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, actress Jessica Alba, entertainment attorney Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger and business mogul Warren Buffett will be advising the contestants.
NBC severed ties with Trump, who made the show famous for 14 seasons with his famous catchphrase, “You’re fired.” After the Republican presidential candidate made some disparaging remarks about Mexican immigrants in the United States, the network decided that it would no longer play host to Trump’s antics. Soon after, actor and former governor of California, Schwarzenegger, took on the role.
Will you be watching “Celebrity Apprentice” Season 15 or is the loss of Donald Trump too great? Comment below or tweet your thoughts to @TylerMcCarthy.