French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo began moving into new high-security offices in southern Paris Tuesday, nine months after a deadly attack on its headquarters killed 11 of its staff members, sources told Agence France-Presse (AFP).

The members of the editorial team left their temporary home at the Paris offices of the French daily Liberation, which took in the survivors after the January attack, which was sparked by the magazine’s controversial portrayal of Islam and the Prophet Muhammad.

"They left (Liberation) today. The move was spread over several days," a source told AFP. The magazine’s management, however, reportedly did not confirm the move.

Brothers Saïd Kouachi and Chérif Kouachi gunned down 12 people, including a police officer, in and around Charlie Hebdo's offices while their accomplice Amedy Coulibaly killed another five people during the three days of attacks in the French capital. The two brothers, who said that they had trained at an al Qaeda camp in Yemen, were killed on Jan. 9 in a standoff with the police.

A week after the attack, Nasr al-Ansi, the top commander of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), claimed responsibility for the attack, calling it a "vengeance for the Messenger of God."

The massacre brought Charlie Hebdo into international spotlight and the magazine sales reportedly rose dramatically.

Charlie Hebdo cartoonist Renald Luzier, who drew the magazine’s cover image after the January attack, left the publication this month, saying the absence of his colleagues was “too much to bear.” Last week, writer Patrick Pelloux announced that he would follow Luz.