The news that first broke a week ago has finally been confirmed. Eden Hazard is now officially a Chelsea player.
The club has released a statement on their website announcing that the Belgian international has agreed personal terms and passed a medical on Monday after a transfer fee, reported to be in the region of £32 million, had earlier been agreed with Lille.
I'm delighted to finally arrive here, it's a wonderful club and I can't wait to get started, Hazard said after undergoing his medical, according to Chelsea's website.
And Hazard is likely to soon be followed into Stamford Bridge by Hulk. Indeed some reports have claimed that the Brazilian forward has already agreed terms on a four-year deal, according to the Press Association.
Although that has yet to be confirmed, Hulk would certainly appear to be easing the way for his departure from Porto.
I will always continue to work hard and keep my feet on the ground, regardless of whether I stay at Porto, the 25-year-old said. I have won many titles in the past four years at Porto, and I think that I have a great relationship with everyone.
If the time has come to move on, I'll do so with a good feeling. I have enjoyed a great time here. I'm sure that they will understand the motives behind my decision if I leave.
By all accounts Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will not finish there in his attempts to build a side with the potential to dominate Europe.
The Mirror reports that the Blues are also looking to add a further trio of internationals to their ranks in the form for Theo Walcott, Cheick Tiote and Gregory van der Wiel.
Arsenal winger Walcott has just a year remaining on his contract at the Emirates and Chelsea has long thought to have been keeping tabs on the England international should he be open to a move. It has to be questioned, though, whether Chelsea would splash the cash on Walcott if the deal for Hulk goes through.
A line of three of Hazard, Juan Mata and Hulk behind a main striker would surely mean that there would be little requirement for the erratic Walcott.
There is likely more weight behind speculation of an imminent move for Gregory van der Wiel. Chelsea has had their eye on the Ajax right-back for some time as a long-term solution to their persistent problem in that position. With Jose Bosingwa on the way out this summer, the moment may now be right for the Dutch international to make the move to Stamford Bridge.
A deal for Newcastle's Tiote could also make sense. With Michael Essien clearly not the player he once was after a series of cruel injuries and doubts persisting over Obi John Mikel, despite an impressive end to the season, there is a vacancy for an energetic, robust presence in the heart of Chelsea's midfield.
And Tiote has arguably been as impressive as any holding midfielder in the Premier League since his move to the North East two years ago.
Given Frank Lampard's advancing years, the Blues could also be on the hunt for a more offensive-minded central midfielder. A logic that would appear to be behind Chelsea's reported willingness to bid £10 million for Moussa Dembele. And the Fulham man's agent has hinted that it is a role his client would welcome.
It fits Moussa's ambitions perfectly to become the replacement for someone like Frank Lampard one day, just as playing in the Champions League does as well, Rodger Linse said, according to Goal.com.