Chelsea look to be on the path to assembling a squad capable of provoking envy from clubs across the Premier League and Europe. Already Eden Hazard and Marko Marin have arrived, while the signing of Brazilian international Oscar is thought to be imminent.

Another Brazilian could soon be unveiled at Stamford Bridge too with negotiations to bring Inter right-back Maicon to the club said to be ongoing. With the Milan giants failing to qualify for the Champions League they are said to be looking to remove some of the highest earners from their wage bill. Maicon certainly falls into that category. According to reports in Italy, the 30-year-old's contract demands are also holding up his move to Chelsea.

The negotiations are expected to be only a temporary glitch, however. CNN's Italian correspondent Tancredi Palmeri claimed on Twitter that Inter sporting director Marco Branca will be meeting with Chelsea officials in the next couple of days to discuss Maicon's transfer.

Chelsea could also soon be welcoming Andre Schurrle to the club. The Telegraph reported on Wednesday that, after earlier having a £16 million offer rejected, the Blues were preparing an increased bid of £20 million for the Bayer Leverkusen star.

After previously stating their determination to hang onto the 21-year-old Germany international, the Bundesliga outfit appear to have suggested that a larger offer may tempt them into a deal.

I am not keen on ruling anything out at any point in time, but personally I have laid this topic to full rest last weekend, said Leverkusen director Wolfgang Holzhauser, according to ESPN.

Of course, we have seriously considered the offer. We did. Still we came to the conclusion we would be unable to sign an adequate and affordable replacement for Andre Schurrle.

While Chelsea look to be stocking up on attacking midfielders and wide forwards, boss Roberto Di Matteo may also be after a direct replacement for powerful front man Didier Drogba. One man that could fit the bill is Malaga's Salomon Rondon.

Chelsea, along with Premier League rivals Arsenal, have been linked to the 22-year-old Venezuela international in recent weeks. The La Liga side's manager Manuel Pellegrini has admitted that the Champions League qualifiers have received offers for the striker.

Rondon has had substantial offers from both Germany and England, he said, according to Sky Sports.

To stay here, to have time to demonstrate his worth, it has been important to Malaga and hopefully we can have him for longer.

Chelsea are also interested in Lazio midfielder Senad Lulic, according to the Daily Mail. The 26-year-old Bosnia international can operate in a variety of positions, including central midfield, wide on the left and even at left-back.

The Mail also claims that Roberto Di Matteo could increase the depth of his squad with a move for Porto's Cristian Sapunaru. Predominantly a right-back, the 28-year-old Romanian has also operated in the center of defense.

With Chelsea looking to add a top class right-back, namely Maicon, this summer, a deal for Sapunaru appears unlikely, however.