China New Media Corp., www.gywj.cn – owner and operator of the biggest outdoor media network in the thriving city of Dalian, Northeastern China’s commercial hub, announced some alterations to its Board of Directors (BoD) on June 23:
• Mr. Dror Poleg – Chairman of the Nomination Committee (independent director)
• Mr. Johann Y. Tse – Chairman of the Compensation Committee (independent director)
• Ms. Ming Ma, president of the Company – Director of the Board
This brings the BoD to a total of four, including two independent directors. The appointments were acknowledged by Chairman and CEO, James Wang, as a clear proof of CMDI’s commitment to establishing “strong corporate governance”.
Mr. Wang cited the depth of professional experience these appointments would bring to bear on the Company’s bottom line, welcoming them warmly and pointing to a prosperous future.
Mr. Dror Poleg is a veteran corporate strategist with an emphasis on cross-cultural communication, and has over a decade of advertising and marketing experience:
• VP Leasing & Marketing – GTC Real Estate China, which is a subsidiary of one of Europe’s largest development firms
• China Marketing Director – Kardan N.V., a NYSE Euronext-traded Dutch investment group
• BA, Media & Communications – Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia
Mr. Johann Y. Tse is a mergers, acquisitions and investment specialist:
• Founder and CEO – Aquarian Capital, the industry-spanning financial consulting firm specializing in strategic investment, mergers and acquisitions in US, Europe and China
• Former Director of International M&A – Yum! Brands, where he handled the quick-service restaurant segment’s acquisitions, divestitures and franchising transactions
• Created and Managed the Corporate Venture Capital Program – Rohm and Haas Co.
• Degree in Electronics Engineering – Chinese University of Hong Kong
• MBA – INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France
President of CMDI, Ms. Ming Ma has abundant first-hand knowledge of the business:
• Former President and Director of the Board – Dalian Vastitude Media Group (V-Media), CMDI’s China unit, where she has overseen daily operations since its inception in 2000
• Former Sales Manager – Dalian Pacific Advertisement Co. Ltd., seven years as sales manager
• Graduate 1991 – Dalian Institute of Finance Trade Union