- Illegal mining is rampant across the breadth and width of India.
- From the jubilant mud mosques of Mali to the thumping heart of India’s Kumbh Mela pilgrimage, here's a snapshot of the globe in 2013.
- How do you create a pop-up city for 40 million people? And what can we learn from it?
Maha Kumbh Mela 2013: Scores Of Pilgrims Go Missing; 'Lost And Found' Centers Flooded With Requests To Locate Missing DevoteesThe Maha Kumbh Mela, the holy festival of Hindus began Jan.14, 2013, at Prayag, Allahabad, and witnessed unprecedented crowd visiting the pilgrim site. The mad rush has separated several thousands of people from their families. Recent reports suggest that over 275,000 people are missing at the Maha Kumbh Mela even as the administration and volunteers take full efforts to find and reunite the missing persons.
- At least 30 pilgrims died when a footbridge railing snapped sending devotees plummeting on top of each other.
- Maha Kumbh Mela – identified as one of the most spectacular shows of faith - observed once in 12 years, began in Allahabad, India, Monday.
- While weak overseas cues and concerns about the progress of monsoon dragged the Indian market further on Monday, short covering at lower levels helped stocks cut their losses in the afternoon. However, second-line stocks met with heavy selling pressure.
- Nasscom or National Association of Software and Services Companies, the consortium that serves as the apex body of the Indian IT software and BPO industry, together with global management consulting firm AT Kearney has released a comprehensive assessment report of 50 locations in India suitable for the IT - BPO industry titled 'Location Roadmap For IT- BPO Growth: Assessment Of 50 Leading Cities.'