- "DOJ may not have the evidence to try this as a fraud case," U.S. District Judge Max Cogburn said.
- In honor of Friday, Dec.13, here are 13 facts about the unlucky holiday -- including how it got the bad rap.
Morrissey Hospitalized For Possible Bladder Infection; Former Smiths Singer Cancels Concert, Delays OthersMorrissey canceled a concert in Flint before being hospitalized in Royal Oak, Michigan “where he is undergoing tests for a suspected bladder infection.”
- If Syracuse loses to UNC-Asheville today, what will that mean for your NCAA Tournament 2012 bracket?
Syracuse vs UNC Asheville: Watch LIVE Online Streaming Coverage; Prediction, Preview and TV Schedule for the NCAA Tournament Second Round GameThe Orange look to advance in the early round matchup.
- Here's how to watch Syracuse take on UNC-Asheville.
- Syracuse's title odds took a hit after Fab Melo was ruled ineligible for the entire NCAA Tournament.
- As per the Mayan calendar, the 13th Baktun which falls on Dec. 21, 2012, is considered the day of the apocalypse. In the Georgian calendar, Friday the 13th is set to appear two more times this year However, whether there's any truth to the superstition can't be said with absolute conviction.
- Hunger and homelessness are on the rise according to a report released on Thursday by the United States Conference of Mayors.
- Rev. Billy Graham, 93, has been admitted to Mission Hospital in Asheville, N.C. on Wednesday and will be tested for pneumonia after suffering from congestion, a cough and a slight fever, his spokesman A. Larry Ross told The Associated Press.
- A Chautauqua Airlines pilot's bathroom break caused a mid-air terror scare over New York City.
- British singer Adele has cancelled her remaining live tour dates and will undergo surgery for the throat problem that has been plaguing her this year.
- Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana made major contributions toward increasing the national average. Each of these states recorded their hottest summers ever, with the average summer temperature in Texas being 86.8 degrees. In Oklahoma, the average was 86.5 degrees.