- Nepal Approves $1.4B Hydroelectric Plant Project
September 19 2014 4:52 AM
Officials said GMR and another Indian firm, Satluj Vidyut Nigam, plan to construct other hydroelectric plants in Nepal.
- Apple iPhones Sold At Huge Markup In Beijing As Apple Waits On Permit
September 19 2014 12:56 AM
The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have received regulatory approval for use in China, but one more licence was needed for the phones to be sold there.
- Amid Jihad Recruiting, China Sentences 4 For Terrorist Plans
September 18 2014 12:39 PM
The punishment suggests Beijing is worried about its western borders being vulnerable to Islamic extremist recruiting.
- Alibaba's Possible Shadow Banking Headache
September 17 2014 1:46 PM
The money-market account started by Alibaba is one of the company's biggest successes, but might run afoul of Beijing's central planners.
- Jaycee Chan Formally Arrested In Drug Case
September 17 2014 8:14 AM
The Dongcheng District prosecutor’s office approved the formal arrest of Jackie Chan's son Jaycee on a drug charge.
- Chinese Central Bank Injects $81B Into Major Banks
September 17 2014 2:39 AM
The People's Bank of China is reportedly pumping in 100 billion yuan each into China's top five banks.
- Formula E Debuts With A Bang In Beijing [VIDEO]
September 15 2014 4:56 PM
The first all-electric motor racing championship race ended with a spectacular crash -- and no one was hurt.
- Federal Reserve May Tip Its Hand On Interest-Rate Hikes This Week
September 14 2014 7:45 AM
The U.S. Federal Reserve could signal the timing of its first interest-rate increase in more than eight years Wednesday.
- Hong Kong Democracy Activists Stage 'Black Cloth' Protest
September 14 2014 6:45 AM
Activists marched through Hong Kong Sunday saying they felt betrayed and angry at Beijing's refusal to allow fully-democratic elections.
- China's Factory Growth Falls Near 6-Year Low In August
September 13 2014 9:47 AM
Calls are getting louder for new economic stimulus, by China's central bank or by its government.
- Three Get Death For China Train Station Attack
September 12 2014 7:34 AM
An attack in March at the Kunming station in the southwestern province of Yunnan, killed 31 people and left 141 injured.
- China Offers Russia 'Helping Hand' Against 'External Challenges'
September 12 2014 2:23 AM
Russia is looking to strengthen relations, as well as find new customers for its natural resources, in Asia, as relations sour with the West.
- The Likely Reason For The iPhone 6 Delayed China Launch
September 11 2014 10:51 AM
Before they can go wait in line for the new iPhone 6, mainland Chinese Apple fans have to wait for government approval of the device.
- Is Democracy Bad For Business In Hong Kong?
September 09 2014 7:48 PM
Occupy Central wants political power to devolve from Beijing. Financial interests worry about the movement's impact on business.
- Bigger, Better, Faster
September 09 2014 8:57 AM
Apple's highly anticipated iPhone 6 media event has just started. Here's how to watch it.
- China's President Xi To Make First Visit To India
September 09 2014 12:03 AM
While China and India have close economic and historical links, there is deep suspicion too, fueled in part by a festering border dispute.
- Malaysia Airlines Restructuring Could Succeed With State Support For Job Cuts
September 07 2014 11:59 PM
Under the radical $1.9 billion overhaul unveiled last week, MAS said it would shed nearly a third of its 20,000 workforce.
- Six Months After MH370, People Move On, Search Stands Still
September 07 2014 8:00 PM
MH370 vanished with 239 aboard. Nobody knows anything about their fate, loved ones are moving on, and the search is stalled.
- MH370 Victims' Families Say They Face Hostility From Chinese Authorities
September 07 2014 3:04 AM
Relatives of those lost on the flight say authorities in China are retaliating against them for pressurizing the government publicly.
- Australia Plans Memorial For MH370 Victims
September 06 2014 5:51 AM
Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Saturday that a memorial for the missing MH370 victims is being planned on Australia's west coast.