- China's November Exports Blow Past Estimate
December 07 2013 10:34 PM
China's exports came in well above forecasts in November, contributing to a bigger trade surplus.
- US Veteran Merrill Freed By N. Korea
December 07 2013 11:54 AM
Rogue regime says Newman apologized for his offenses.
- China's Authorities (And Political Prisoners) Remember Mandela's Legacy
December 06 2013 12:05 PM
Nelson Mandela is remembered by Chinese politicians and dissenters, but for slightly different reasons.
- How Long Will It Take Chevron To Deliver Gas In China?
December 06 2013 9:14 AM
The project is Chevron’s largest investment in China to date. The U.S. firm has a 49% stake, while PetroChina holds the rest.
- China Signs WHO Convention To Curb Tobacco, Then Doubles Production
December 05 2013 3:00 PM
The nation has made relatively few strides in carrying out the WHO's guidelines.
- Indian States Vie For Chinese Investments
December 05 2013 4:40 AM
Chinese firms are keen on investing in agro-processing, tourism and manufacturing, while India wants to ease the trade imbalance with China.
- Chinese Mobile Users Catch Up To Rest Of World
December 04 2013 12:18 PM
The big three telecoms in China received licenses for 4G, which could mean a new distribution deal for iPhones.
- Chinese Patriots Rally To Nation, Not Government
December 04 2013 6:05 AM
While many Chinese conversations turn patriotic as tensions flare over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands, many still can't get behind the government.
- Washington Sends Mixed Signals In China Air Defense Zone Row
December 03 2013 1:07 AM
Joe Biden called on Japan and China to find ways to build confidence, while the State Department asked China to cancel no-fly zone rules.
- Olympic Athlete Reveals He Has A Boyfriend In YouTube Video
December 02 2013 4:21 PM
On Monday, British Olympic medal winner Tom Daley, who competed in last year’s summer Olympics, revealed that he has a boyfriend. The diver posted a coming out video to his YouTube page.
- On World AIDS Day, China's Government Still Struggles To Help AIDS Victims
December 02 2013 12:42 PM
Ahead of this year's World's AIDS Day on Dec. 1, AIDS patients and protesters traveled from rural China to Beijing.
- China's WeChat - Not Just For Chat Anymore
December 02 2013 11:39 AM
Look out Baidu and Alibaba: WeChat is about to open a new competitive front.
- Biden’s East Asia Trip A Balancing Act
December 02 2013 6:55 AM
Japan expects Washington’s support in its air defense zone dispute with China, but the vice president also needs to diffuse tensions with Beijing.
- Japan Seeks UN Probe Of China's Air Defense Zone
November 30 2013 11:17 AM
The U.S. is asking airlines to report their flight plans to the Chinese, while rejecting the claim.
- North Korea Says Jailed American Vet Admits 'War Crimes'
November 30 2013 11:09 AM
Merrill Newman, 85, was detained while attempting to find fellow Korean war veterans in North Korea.
- China To Japan: Get Back To Us In 44 Years
November 29 2013 11:28 AM
China's Defense ministry responded sarcastically to Japanese and American requests to revoke the Air Defense Identification Zone.
- China’s No-Fly Zone Tests Delicate Security Balance In Asia
November 29 2013 1:25 AM
Amid rising tensions with the U.S., Japan and South Korea, Beijing said its East China Sea air defense zone is an act of “self-defense.”
- Carbon Trading Kicks Off In Beijing
November 28 2013 6:12 AM
During Thursday’s trading, emissions allowance fetched 50 yuan ($8.2) a permit, which represents one ton of carbon dioxide.
- China's Muted Response To US B-52 Flyover Disappoints Public
November 27 2013 1:04 PM
Chinese netizens aren't happy with China's reaction to America flying bombers in its newly estsablished air defense zone.
- Who Stands To Lose From China-Japan Territorial Dispute?
November 27 2013 11:08 AM
The recent escalation of the conflict over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands could lead to renewed disruption of bilateral trade and investment between China and Japan.