- Parts of North Carolina are under a hurricane watch or a tropical storm warning.
- After more problems are discovered with the Dreamliner, some ask: Will the Boeing 787 ever be reliable?
- Randy Moss' son, Thad Moss, is considered to be one of Rhode Island's most versatile high school football players.
Amputee Killed By Dogs: Carlton Freeman, 80, Allegedly Mauled To Death By Pit Bulls In South CarolinaCarlton Freeman, an 80-year-old amputee, died after being attacked by a vicious pack of dogs who were reportedly pit bulls.
- Check out our family-friendly list of educational ideas for celebrating African-American heritage and culture this February as part of Black History Month.
- U.S. port operators and maritime shipping companies are bracing for a longshoremen's strike of facilities from Massachusetts to Texas.
- From a potential port strike, to the massacre of South African striking miners, 2012 saw tensions rise between workers and companies.
- Tennis is in good period after returns of key veterans and tournament favorites from injuries, e. g. Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams, Serena Williams. Where are the other Americans, and what is the state of tennis?
- Eight family members were killed in their Charleston, West Virginia, two-story home when a fire broke out on Saturday. The fire is the deadliest one to strike the city in at least six decades.
- Shares of IBM set a new high of $201.57 after new CEO Virginia Rometty said the No. 2 computer services company was “uniquely positioned” to deliver benefits of “a gusher of data” flowing into the global economy.
- They are a very private family, a source close to Colbert said.
- The American Petroleum Institute, starting Tuesday, will be hosting a series of public workshops around the country the goal of which is to educate lawmakers, members of the public and various associations on shale gas and hydraulic fracturing.