- John Reeves, a Navy pilot and the roommate of fellow aviator David Reis, killed himself and three others, including Reis, his sister Karen, and a 31-year-old man named Matthew Saturley, in a multi-murder suicide. The New Year's Day killings, which occurred in Reis' Coronado, Calif. condo, have shocked local residents. Police have given no motive for Reeves' actions.
- The San Diego Sheriff's Department is planning an announcement today in the deaths of four people, including two Navy pilots, on New Year's Day in in their Coronado, Calif. condo. Before any updates have been announced, however, sources have already leaked information about a possible motive and the identity of the gunman.
- Navy pilot David Reis, 25, and his sister Karen, 24, have been identified as two of the four victims of a New Year's Day shooting in Coronado, Calif. that may have been a murder-suicide. The other victims have not been identified, but sources say one is John Reeves, 25, a fellow Navy pilot. Police are investigating as the quiet community reels from its first murders this year.
- The mystery surrounding the twin deaths at businessman Jonah Shacknai's mansion in Coronado, Calif., deepened as it emerged that doctors thought the fall injuries suffered by Max Shacknai were inconsistent with the cause of his death.
- Four bruises found on the top of Rebecca Zahau's head shows trauma that's not explained by the July hanging, according to forensic pathologist hired by the family's attorney.
- Investigators have concluded that the death of Rebecca Zahau, who was found hanging naked at millionaire Jonah Shacknai's mansion in Coronado, Calif., in July was a suicide, the dead woman's sister said on Thursday.
- The death of Rebecca Zahau at millionaire Jonah Shacknai's Spreckels mansion in Coronado in July was a suicide, investigators have said, but the dead woman's sister has said the family is not convinced.
Police Seek Hospital Surveillance Video in Jonah Shacknai Mansion Deaths Mystery: Are They Questioning His Story?Jonah Shacknai said he was at the hospital when his girlfriend's body was found
- The early raid on Monday morning that killed world’s most wanted terrorist Osama Bin Laden carried out by US navy Seals has put them in a spotlight.
- A small earthquake was hit off the coast of San Diego Saturday morning with a magnitude 4.0 but no damage or injuries were reported.