- One Canadian family of two special needs children is upset with Coca-Cola this week after finding a derogatory message on one of their products.
- The freshwater Japanese eel known as unagi contains the first fluorescent protein identified in a vertebrate, researchers report in Cell.
- Britain’s Turkish-Kurdish criminal gangs are a relatively recent entry into the UK’s long and bloody history of organized crime.
- Clinton Shepherd now holds the record for longest Ferris wheel ride after spending more than 48 hours on the ride at Chicago's Navy Pier.
- The Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton, Canada, unveiled the world's stinkiest flower this week.
- A good Samaritan and his dog helped rescue two girls drowning in a freezing river on Sunday.
- Fleetwood Mac have added 13 new dates to their upcoming Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 tour this spring, including second shows in Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles.
- While Chicago Bears fans should applaud the hiring of Marc Trestman, they must remember that not everyone can succeed in both American and Canadian football. Here are five coaches who should never have crossed the border.
'Mass Effect 3' Ending: BioWare Office Billboard May Be Next Target For Outraged Fans, Cupcakes Go To CharityEarlier in the week an organization of outraged “Mass Effect” fans sent developers BioWare more than 400 cupcakes to make a statement about the games ending. But it seems that the folks at the Edmonton, Canada office don’t have much of a sweet tooth.
- Fans of the Mass Effect franchise who were disappointed in the new title's ending have found many outlets for their anger at Bioware and the game developers who they say phoned in the ending to the video game space-opera.
- One of the largest annual technical conferences, South by Southwest (SXSW), will begin Friday, March 9 and last until Sunday, March 18. Here is a full list of the SXSW 2012 music lineup for South by Southwest from March 13-18.
- The Rangers are in first place in the Eastern Conference, yet they find themselves short on scoring. Is Ryan Smyth the answer?
- Pembina Pipeline Corp (PPL.TO: Quote) agreed on Monday to buy Provident Energy Ltd (PVE.TO: Quote) for C$3.24 billion ($3.16 billion) in an all-stock deal that will create one of Canada's biggest pipeline and natural gas processing companies.
- The tour dates for the 2012 Van Halen tour have been released. Find dates and locations here.
- The North American leg kicks off in April.
- The prologue arrives seven months ahead of the full-length feature.