- Amazon said its Entertainment Collectibles Store will start selling 350,000 items from leading entertainment from the Beatles to "Silver Linings Playbook."
- The Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE: LMT) was awarded a contract worth $489.53 million to begin purchasing parts, materials, and components for a seventh batch of 35 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter planes, the U.S. Defense Department announced Friday.
- The stunningly innovative designs, which NASA calls greener flying machines for the year 2025, are being developed by three firms, all based in California.
- Apple will ship 44.2 million iPads, researchers say
- Borders Group is liquidating, closing all bookstores nationally. Borders is offering discounts of up to 40 percent off, but some customers say they expected deeper discounts.
- Stocks once again succumbed to late-day selling in light trading on Monday as hopes China's newfound dedication to yuan flexibility turned to doubts about the speed and magnitude of Beijing's intentions.
- Mattel Inc's holiday-quarter profit beat Wall Street estimates, mainly on strong demand for the top toy company's Fashionista Barbie dolls and Hot Wheels cars.
Aura Systems, Inc. (AUSI.OB) Receives Over $1.1 Million in New Military Related Orders for the VIPER Mobile Power SolutionAura Systems, Inc., a technology company headquartered in El Segundo, California, specializing in axial flux induction machines applications for mobile power generation and electric motors, recently announced that the company has received over $1.1 million in additional military orders. These two new orders for the VIPER mobile power solution consist of approximately 36 dual systems [...]
- Home builder sentiment held at a record low for a third consecutive month in December, weighed down by problems in the mortgage market and a huge supply of unsold houses, the National Association of Home Builders on Monday. On Tuesday, investors will get more insight into the hard-hit U.S. housing market when the Commerce Department releases November data on housing starts and building permits.