- The wreck will finally leave the Giglio Island coast more than two years after it capsized.
- Rescue workers pulled a fifth body from the wreckage Wednesday in Genoa, after the Jolly Nero cargo ship crashed, toppling a control tower.
- Where to watch the Italy v USA 2012 friendly, plus a full preview of the exhibition match taking place in Genoa, on Wednesday.
Costa Allegra: Fire Breaks Out in Costa Concordia’s Sister Ship; Cruise Liner Drifts in Pirate-Ridden Indian Ocean (PHOTOS)Costa Allegra Cruise Ship Hit by Fire: Capsized Costa Concordia Sinks; Sister Ship Stuck and Adrift in Pirate-Ridden Seas (PHOTOS)
- The Italian woman who miscarried after suffering severe psychological trauma aboard the sinking cruise ship is now suing Costa Cruises for 1 million euros, claiming the terror of the evacuation and the resultant lifeboat escape triggered her miscarriage. The 30-year-old, identified only as Cristina M from Milan, is one of several passengers suing Costa for the horrific accident, which may have claimed as many as 32 lives.
- A quake of magnitude-5.1 quake hit the area on Wednesday.
- The sinking of the Costa Concordia cruise ship will be followed by months of litigation, with families of victims, wounded passengers and crew members sure to file suit against Carnival. What is the legal precedent for the maritime case?
- On Saturday, Italian authorities questioned the captain of the Costa Cruises ship accident that occurred Friday night. The ship ran aground and turned onto its side, killing three people and leaving dozens more missing, officials reported.
- Several investors are looking into buying Goldman Sachs's 16.8 percent stake in Italy's Prysmian SpA, a profitable cable maker, a financial source said on Friday.
- Megayacht Hauling Service: This unique-purpose ship by Dockside Yacht Transport is both a luxury liner and a mover of yachts. The Yacht Express is 687.5 feet long that is capable of carrying more than 30 megayachts onboard at one time. The luxury-hull hauler's maiden voyage to Genoa, Italy, from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., carried more than 30 megayachts with an estimated value around $154 million.