- Fracking is seen as the key element to the U.S. natural gas boom but some people are not so sure that there really is a boom.
- Come on, America! Who wants to go to a fake haunted house for Halloween when you can experience real haunted houses (and some terrifying haunted roads) that have years of ghostly visitations and paranormal happenings to their names? Our top 13 picks span the U.S., choosing only those haunted locales with the most documentation, the scariest histories, and the creepiest happenings.
- Encana Corp Chief Executive Randy Eresman did exactly what investors wanted when he created the quintessential pure play in North American natural gas. That's now his biggest problem.
- The top after-market NYSE gainers on Thursday are: Warner Music Group, American Reprographics, GMX Resources, Energy Transfer Partners and Aspen Insurance Holdings. The top after-market NYSE losers on Thursday are: International Game Technology, Emulex, Medley Capital, Jones Apparel and Kinross Gold.
- Tragic as the situation is, everything is going to be okay in the Gulf of Mexico, according to Stansberry & Associates Investment Research Founder Porter Stansberry. Porter, who has a reputation as an independent thinker with a penchant for out-of-consensus viewpoints, shares some of his contrarian opinions in this exclusive interview with The Energy Report.
- Stifel & Nicholas Oil and Gas Analyst Amir Arif believes cheap natural gas prices shouldn't keep you from making cash in the gas space. Arif says it's all about companies with production growth in low-cost shale basins. Gas doesn't have positive drivers behind it; he explains, you want to bet on the volume without diluting the equity. Arif provides some of those names and the reasons behind them in this exclusive interview with The Energy Report.
- GMX Resources Inc. issued an operations update on its oil and gas properties located in East Texas. The company has more than 42,000 net acres under lease that has exposure to various formations in the area. GMX Resources Inc. reported that the company produced 4.2 billion cubic feet equivalent (Bcfe) of natural gas in the [...]
- Interested in long-term, high-yield investment plays with certain deferred tax advantages? Master limited partnerships (MLPs) may be for you. Even through the recent downturn, most MLPs were able to maintain distributions and fund capital projects-especially investment-grade names. MLP units are traded on public exchanges just like corporate stock. The difference, says Wells Fargo Senior Energy MLP Analyst Michael Blum, is that MLPs are structured as partnerships. In this exclusive interview...
- Bullish on oil but soft on gas, Morgan Keegan Analyst Chris Pikul believes discerning investors can still win the game with oil and gas E&Ps. You need to really focus on gas companies with the best-quality assets, says Chris, with strong balance sheets. His insight shines through in this exclusive interview with The Energy Report, as he shares a few of favorites in the E&P space. . .just for you.
- When folks want the straight goods on the oil and gas sector they go to Oppenheimer's sage Managing Director Fadel Gheit. That's what we wanted, too, when we asked him to spend some time with The Energy Report. In this upfront interview, Gheit rails against government inaction on oil price speculation and predicts low gas prices will soon lead to more M&A activity. Gheit's market commentary is frank and insightful and could certainly impact your investment decisions.
- Oil and Gas Analyst Adam Michael is excited-in some cases very excited-about a lot of things in his sector, including Turkish gas and Latin American oil plays. He even gets excited about long-term oil price fundamentals. Just don't ask him about the domestic oil and gas market. It's just so yesterday's cycle.
- Mainland Resources Inc. is an energy company engaged in the exploration and production of oil and gas resources. The Company is focusing on the continued development of their producing assets in the Haynesville Shale and the acquisition and development of leases in emerging oil and gas regions with the potential for significant discoveries. Founded in [...]
American Exploration Corp. (AEXP.OB) Adds Guggenheim Energy Opportunities to Expand Haynesville Project PartnershipHeadquartered in Calgary, Alberta, American Exploration has developed a solid and experienced management team with the mission to exploit oil and gas opportunities that remain undeveloped. The young company took a major step towards enhancing their future with the addition of Guggenheim Energy Opportunities to drill and develop the Haynesville acreage in Mississippi. Guggenheim now [...]
- CRT Capital Group Senior VP Duane Grubert likes oil better than gas. Why? As he tells The Energy Report in this exclusive interview, the oil-and-gas price link is weaker than it's been in over a decade and natural gas is too dependent on a fierce winter to fuel demand and drive pricing up.
- Independent oil and natural gas company GMX Resources Inc (GMXR.O) backed its third-quarter production forecast, and announced a stock and notes offering to repay debt.
- Halliburton Co posted a 61 percent drop in quarterly profit on Friday, hurt by weak North American natural gas activity, but the figures topped Wall Street forecasts.
- Independent oil and natural gas company Petrohawk Energy Corp said it agreed to sell its Permian basin properties for $376 million to a privately held company.
Mainland Resources, Inc. (MNLU.OB) & American Exploration Corp. (AEXP.OB) to Develop Mississippi AcreageMainland Resources Inc. and American Exploration Corp. have entered into a letter of agreement to jointly develop their contiguous oil acreage in Mississippi. Mainland Resources will commit approximately 8,500 net acres and American Exploration will commit approximately 5,000 net acres to the project. American Exploration recently announced that it has received a shale gas analysis [...]
- Well regarded for his insights and forecasts across the commodity spectrum, Blue Phoenix Chief Investment Strategist John Licata talks about some excellent investment opportunities in both natural gas and oil exclusive in this exclusive interview with The Energy Report. And while acknowledging that he's probably in a dark room alone on this one, he also sees reason to be bullish about the refining space.