- On the 20th anniversary of the end of the Rwandan genocide, the world watches as thousands are killed in Syria's endless civil war.
- Rwandans went to the polls on Monday to elect a new Chamber of Deputies, and the ruling party stands to win yet again.
- The UN has voted to sanction the rebel organizations M23 and FDLR in the DR Congo, but larger problems have not been addressed.
Visa Partners with Rwanda to Provide Financial Services as it Eyes 50 Percent Growth from Non-U.S. Markets by 2015Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) and the government of Rwanda announced a partnership at a Monday press conference in Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda. Under the agreement, Visa will help the government extend access to financial services to local and international consumers throughout the country.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation announced Tuesday that they will invest money across various initiatives, including funding eight universities across Africa, Asia, Europe and North America to 'reinvent the toilet'.
- The following are prepared remarks by President Barack Obama to accept the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo on Wednesday, Dec 10 , 2009.
- Microsoft Corp. and International Trade Union signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at the Connect Africa summit in Kigali, Rwanda on Tuesday, so as to be able to expand the development of information and communication technologies (ICT) infrastructure.
- At least ten African Heads of State are xpected to attend the forthcoming information and communication technology summit in Kigali-Rwanda, on 28 October 2007, to discuss key Information and communication technologies (ICT) related issues for the Africa region.