- Things are going to heat up on ABC on Monday, Aug. 4. Meet the cast of the new reality show, "Bachelor in Paradise," which features rejects of past "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" seasons.
- The defeated presidential candidate was spotted by Reddit and Twitter users recently in California. No longer protected by the Secret Service, he was alone -- and a little disheveled.
- Scientists, stymied for decades by the complexity of the human immunodeficiency virus, are making progress on several fronts in the search for a cure for HIV infections, a leading medical research conference was told this week in Seattle.
- OpenTable, the free restaurant reservation and customer review website, announced the top 50 restaurants voted as Great for Outdoor Dining by OpenTable diners
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. (SRNE.OB) Announces Collaborative Development Agreement with Scripps ResearchSorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a development-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of disease conditions such as cancer, inflammation, metabolic disease and infectious disease. The company today announced it has entered into an antibody discovery and development collaboration with The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, Calif. Per the agreement, Sorrento [...]
International Stem Cell Corporation (ISCO.OB) to Collaborate with Scripps Research Institute in Stem Cell ResearchToday, International Stem Cell Corporation announced that it will collaborate with renowned stem cell researcher Jeanne F. Loring, Ph.D. and the Scripps Research Institute (located in La Jolla, CA) to study parthenogenetic stem cells and their potentially derived therapeutic cells. The study expands the company’s mission to generate data necessary to understand these cells [...]
- The convenience factor plus plenty of natural local attractions make San Diego a fantastic place to sail from.
- A small earthquake was hit off the coast of San Diego Saturday morning with a magnitude 4.0 but no damage or injuries were reported.
- thing can make a traveler feel more clueless than mispronouncing the name of a local destination, but it's easily done.
- La Jolla Hotels, Grand Colonial lobbyWhen planning a La Jolla, Calif., vacation, there are plenty of luxury resorts and a handful of perfectly nice chain hotels located in this beachside resort community in Southern California, a few miles north of San Diego. While some people like the new Estancia La Jolla Resort & Spa, I found it to have poor service for a luxury hotel, plus the rooms are ...
- The last time the U.S. markets experienced such wild swings as they have in the past week, Wall Street warriors in their 20s and 30s were trading baseball cards and lunchbox snacks, not stocks and bonds.