- With 37 league goals between them, the Uruguayan striker and Welshman will be the star attractions for their sides in a game both Spurs and the Reds will be desperate to win. Includes preview, team news, recent form, probable lineups, live streaming, and prediction.
Home Burglars Who Targeted Newspaper Subscribers On Vacation Hit Los Angeles Times, Contra Costa Times CustomersA rash of burglaries in California that started with break-ins of homes of Los Angeles Times subscribers who were on vacation has now spread to the Bay Area under similar circumstances.
- Actor Conrad Bain, who famously played father figure Phillip Drummond on "Diff'rent Strokes," has passed away. He was 89.
- Robert Gibbs, a Livermore, Calif., man who weighs nearly 700 pounds, uploaded a plea to YouTube on March 1, begging for help losing weight. By Tuesday, March 6, the video had over a million views, 20,000 likes and an offer from transformation specialist Chris Powell to help lose the weight for good.
- Robert Gibbs, a nearly 700-pound man from Livermore, Calif., uploaded a YouTube video on March 1, a day before his 23rd birthday, asking for help to lose weight so he can watch his niece and nephew grow up. The video has since gone viral, with more than 921,000 views in just four days and has resulted in a call from a representative for a celebrity personal trainer.
- The Bay Area was featured prominently in the Tour of California as Stage 4 took riders from Livermore to San Jose. Riders participating in the race include Bay Area resident Levi Leipheimer of Team RadioShack, Tour de France runner-up Andy Schleck of Leopard-Trek, and American cyclist Christian Vande Velde of Garmin-Cevelo.
- CEO Bill Watkins wants to build a $100 million next-generation LED light factory near his Silicon Valley-area headquarters, but China wants the 2,000 jobs he hopes to create.
- Bank owned homes are still putting downward pressure on residential prices in the East Bay counties of Contra Costa and Alameda. The largest cities in these counties are Oakland, Richmond, Berkeley, Concord, Fremont, Livermore, Hayward and Antioch.