- Tropical Storm Cristobal was battering the Bahamas as it slowly moved north.
- Long Island's North Shore Animal League is hosting a live stream video all day of adorable, and adoptable!, cats running around a Christmas scene on its #ChristmasCatsTV.
- Albert Rizzi says he was kicked off a delayed US Airways flight on Wednesday after a flight attendant said his guide dog was not fully under the plane's seat.
- A new film claims the official government report on the fated 1996 crash off Long Island is an elaborate fabrication.
- Fourteen 7-Elevens have been raided by the federal government for exploiting and employing illegal workers.
- Thanks to a bark, Cain, a pit bull dog owned by Jackie Bonasera, of Long Island, N.Y., saved her from a burning home.
- California politicians want federal intrusion into local affairs.
Winter Snowstorm Nemo Cancels Nearly 5,000 Flights As 'Historic Blizzard' Pelts Northeast; Twitter Reacts To Axed FlightsNearly 5,000 flights have been canceled because of the so-called Nemo, the severe snowstorm blasting the U.S. Northeast.
- The House finally passed a Sandy aid package worth $50.7 billion Tuesday, 11 weeks after the storm battered the New York and New Jersey region.
- An odd/even gas day rule is being imposed for New Yorkers.