- Once a sure thing to win the award, WVU's QB has fallen behind the likes of Alabama's McCarron and K-State's Klein.
Heisman Watch: QBs Braxton Miller And Geno Smith Running(And Throwing) Away From The Field After Week 6The senior QB is the runaway leader among contenders for the sport's most coveted individual honor.
- Senior signal-caller has been magnificent thus far in 2012, taking the lead in the Heisman race. He still has a ways to go before catching former Mountaineer Major Harris, though.
No. 24 Baylor at No. 9 West Virginia: Preview, Players to Watch, Keys to the Game, TV Coverage and MoreWest Virginia will host Baylor for its inaugural game in the Big 12 Conference in a matchup between two of the most proficient offenses in college football.
James Madison vs. No. 8 West Virginia Preview: Players To Watch, TV Coverage, Where To Watch Online and MoreFBS No. 8 West Virginia and FCS No. 5 James Madison will square off at FedEx Field in Landover, Md. on Saturday. Can Justin Thorpe and the Dukes keep up with Geno Smith and the high-flying WVU offense?
- No. 8 West Virginia, led by the No. 1 scoring offense in the country, will look to improve to 2-0 against a tough James Madison squad which is ranked No. 5 in the FCS.
- Shayne Riggleman, a 22-year-old from West Virginia, whose murder spree took lives of 5 people, including a pregnant woman, killed himself in Kentucky on Monday while being chased by the police, said the state police in Uniontown.
- NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - More and more Americans are landing in the hospital due to poisoning by powerful prescription painkillers, sedatives and tranquilizers, according to a report released today. City-living middle-aged women seem particularly vulnerable.
- Mylan (MYL) has been approved to make a generic version of migraine headache medicine Imitrex from GlaxoSmithkline and is set to ship the drug immediately.
- The Princeton Review released on Monday the latest list of U.S. top party schools 2009 based on a survey of 122,000 students:
- U.S. regulators have begun investigating possible manufacturing violations by Mylan Inc , the world's third-biggest generic drugmaker.
- Drugmaker Mylan Inc refuted a newspaper report its staff overrode government-mandated quality controls, saying the report was based on improperly obtained documents, uninformed third-party commentary and anonymous sources.