- The deal would put Akorn on a growing list of U.S. companies that have reincorporated overseas for lower taxes.
- As oceans swell from global warming, more than 1,400 cities in the U.S could be swamped by the end of the century, a new study says.
- To some extent, monetary easing has been accommodated because of stable-to-lower inflationary pressures.
- Without a stronger effort by the central banks -- in the form of a coordinated quantitative easing measure to correct the ailing European banking system -- the global economy (at best) will only limb along.
- This backdrop of the weakening of the global economy could promote a broad round of coordinated central bank easing.
- U.S. prosecutors charged seven people, described as a circle of friends who formed a criminal club, with running a $62 million insider trading scheme - the latest salvo in a years-long probe of suspicious trading at hedge funds.