- The victory for UKIP, which favors an immediate British EU exit, will unsettle businesses, investors and European partners.
- Authorities said that the search effort for the wreckage of the small U.S. private plane which crashed off the coast of Jamaica is underway.
- The pilot of the Soctata TBM-700 was seen "unconscious and slumped over" in the cockpit before the crash.
- Jamaican military officials have sent aircraft to investigate the crash site.
- The two F-15 fighters called off their pursuit as the plane entered Cuban airspace. The plane did not respond to attempts at communication.
- Nearly 1,000 people showed up in Rochester, New Hampshire, for a memorial service for slain journalist James Foley.
- An upstate New York man was accused on Tuesday of threatening to kill President Barack Obama and other political leaders just days after he was arraigned on charges that he had made previous online death threats against them, authorities said.
- Dylan Fosnacht, a senior at Rochester High In Washington, threw 194 pitches over 14 innings in his team's 1-0 victory on Tuesday, but coach Jeffrey Striegel says he realizes "that it was way too many pitches."
- The court said Greece, New York, didn't violate the ban on government endorsement of religion by allowing prayers before meetings.
- New York determined that wild mute swans are a “prohibitive invasive species” who pose a grave threat to humans, to other creatures and their habitats.
- Tyler Doohan, an 8-year-old boy, died on Monday after saving six family members from a burning mobile home. His disabled grandfather, whom he went back in to save, as well as his uncle also died in the blaze.
- What's more, the migration is occurring amid rising gun sales.
‘The Bachelor’ 2014 Spoilers: Meet The Girls! 27 Contestants Range From An Opera Singer To A 21-Year-Old Former NBA Dancer"The Bachelor" premieres on ABC on Monday, Jan. 6 at 8 p.m.
- Eighty percent of pilgrims who formally honor Mother Mary at shrines in India come from non-Catholic backgrounds.