- Tesla Now Delivers In Hong Kong; Good Luck With Japan
July 28 2014 2:55 PM
Tesla is now selling its Model S in Hong Kong. Entering the Japanese market will be more challenging.
- Government Investigation Is Microsoft's Latest China Problem
July 28 2014 12:46 PM
The company has endured a rocky relationship with Beijing, but that doesn't mean it will disengage from the Chinese market.
- OSI Group Replaces Scandal-Hit Unit's Leadership
July 28 2014 1:53 AM
The company also said that it is conducting a “thorough internal investigation” into possible failures by former and current senior management.
- Scandal-Scarred Food Firm In China Pulls All Products, US Parent Says
July 27 2014 2:35 AM
OSI Group indicated it would “withdraw from the marketplace” all products made by Shanghai Husi.
- McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets Off Hong Kong Menus Amid China Food Safety Scandal
July 24 2014 10:48 PM
Chicken nuggets were taken off the McDonald's menu in Hong Kong following a food scare with supplier Shanghai Husi Food.
- China Investigates Nearly 600 Firms As Food Scandal Spreads
July 24 2014 1:47 AM
The latest developments follow the arrest of five people, including the head of Shanghai Husi Food and its quality manager.
- The Company Behind China's Meat Scandal
July 23 2014 2:15 PM
Shanghai Husi Food Co Ltd. is a subsidiary of OSI Group LLC, China's largest meat supplier — boasting 20K employees and $6B in annual revenue.
- 5 Detained In China Food Scandal Probe
July 23 2014 7:38 AM
Shanghai police questioned five Shanghai Husi employees, including the firm's top official and its quality control manager.
- Five Held In China Food Scandal Probe
July 23 2014 3:01 AM
McDonald's, Yum Brands and other global brands pulled products from their outlets after Shanghai Husi supplied expired meat in China and Japan.
- Xi Jinping Brings Billions On Visit To Latin America
July 22 2014 12:18 PM
The Chinese president inked a fresh batch of economic agreements with Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina before heading to Cuba.
- China Food Scandal Spreads To Japan
July 22 2014 3:18 AM
A Tokyo-based spokesman for McDonald's in Japan said the company had sourced about a fifth of its Chicken McNuggets from Shanghai Husi.
- McDonald's, KFC Still Popular In China After Food Scandal
July 21 2014 1:13 PM
Despite a rotten-meat scandal, the top American fast-food brands are proving resilient in the Chinese market.
- McDonald’s, Yum Suspend Meat Purchase From Chinese Supplier
July 21 2014 1:44 AM
The incident is considered a fresh setback for both McDonald’s and Yum after the companies were hit by a food safety scandal in China in 2012.
- Unhappy Meal: McDonalds Chinese Supplier Investigated For Supplying Stale Meat
July 20 2014 3:23 PM
Local reporters discover stale meat at a Chinese food manufacturing plant that supplies to McDonalds and KFC.
- How The BRICS Development Bank Serves China's Interest
July 18 2014 12:27 PM
China's economy dwarfs the other members of the BRICS. Why does Beijing even need to share power in a new development bank?
- Shanghai's Pets Get A Chance At Love
July 18 2014 10:59 AM
Didn't know there was a market for pet matchmaking? In Shanghai, there is, and a company has rushed to meet the demand.
- BRICS Development Bank To Be Based in Shanghai
July 15 2014 4:58 PM
The institution is designed to compete with the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
- Why China Keeps Tangling With Apple
July 11 2014 2:33 PM
Beijing's claim the iPhone's "Frequent Locations" feature threatens national security is its latest attack against an American tech giant.
- Paint It Black: Air New Zealand Takes Charge of Boeing’s Latest Dreamliner
July 10 2014 12:12 PM
The new plane took off on its maiden flight for New Zealand on Thursday.
- Apple Loses Speech Recognition Patent Lawsuit In China
July 09 2014 11:09 AM
A Beijing court upheld a patent held by Zhizhen, creating new hurdles for Apple's Siri voice-recognition technology.