- NSGold Corporation is pleased to announce progress on its Dios Padres silver project located in the municipality of Yecora, State of Sonora, Mexico. NSGold recently completed a comprehensive geological survey over the Dios Padre property, which included a systematic rock geochemical sampling program, a ground-based 3D Induced Polarization geophysical survey (3DIP) and a magnetic survey done simultaneously with the 3DIP.
- Yamana gold Inc. is pleased to announce that it has started operations at its Mercedes mine.
Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp. (LBSR.OB) Identifies Targets for Exploration of Gold-Copper-MolyLiberty Star Uranium and Metals Corp. is an Arizona-based mineral exploration company engaged in the acquisition and exploration of mineral properties in Arizona and Alaska. Liberty also has a bit of a global presence by controlling properties in Sonora, Mexico in addition to controlling 250 square miles of some of North America’s richest mineralized [...]
- Capital Gold Corp. and Nayarit Gold Inc. today jointly announced that they have entered into an agreement with respect to a proposed business combination in an all-share transaction. The board of directors of both firms will recommend approval of the deal to their shareholders, which must also approve the merger. Nayarit shareholders will receive 0.134048 [...]
- Capital Gold Corp. increased its estimates of gold reserves by 67% over the previous level. The company estimates that the El Chanate open pit mine contains 1.5 million ounces of proven and probable reserves of gold, up from the 913,000 ounces at the previous update. The mine is located in Sonora, Mexico, and is 100% [...]
- Mercenary Geologist Mickey Fulp returns to discuss the brightening prospects for the junior sector with The GOLD Report readers. Mickey is particularly intrigued these days by companies operating in emerging environments where the geological potential is under-explored. Another area of keen interest is the re-emerging rare earths elements sector, which provides elements needed to produce e...
- With generous enough cash flows to fund expansion and fuel organic growth without going to the market for capital expenditures, the companies that Mike Starogiannis follows should be in a position to drive stock valuations up. According to Mike, Wolverton Securities' Mining Research Analyst, as long as they enhance their production profiles, they are in good shape - unless the price of gold ...
- Gammon Gold said it proposed to buy smaller rival Capital Gold Corp for about $150.5 million in stock to gain access to its El Chanate gold property in Mexico.