- As Facebook throttles the reach of non-advertising sites on its social network, weather forecasters say users are missing critical storm updates.
- With college football's top individual honor already tucked away by the Texas A&M freshman QB, what can he do for an encore? Hmmm, lead the Aggies to their first national title since 1939 would be nice.
- The Irish are in the BCS title game. We get it. But do we have to give the game's top individual honor to an Irish player, too -- when someone else clearly deserves it?
- Sprint-Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S), the No. 3 U.S. telecommunications carrier, said it plans to acquire $480 million worth of valuable long-term evolution (LTE) spectrum in the Midwest.
AAU Basketball Leader Accused of Molesting Children; Would Sneak Into Room 'In the Middle of the Night'The AAU has recently been made aware of some serious allegations about President Robert W. 'Bobby' Dodd, dating back several decades, the statement said. The AAU has opened an independent investigation into these matters and also has contacted local law enforcement in Memphis, where the activities allegedly occurred. We will actively cooperate with any and all authorities to determine the facts and the truth.
- The Confession app takes doing penance to the world of digital mobile technology. .
- The Vatican has given its approval for a new Confession application for Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- The U.S. recession should end in the second half of 2009, but the Federal Reserve needs clearer signs of sustainable growth to start reversing course on policy, Chicago Fed president Charles Evans said on Wednesday.