- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles traded down on its first day of trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Having led the company for 23 years, Montezemolo reportedly quit following Ferrari's poor performance in Formula One races.
- The world’s top automakers are expected to report the strongest July sales figures since 2006, more than a year before the Great Recession.
- Ted Ligety, who entered the Sochi Games a favorite in Alpine skiing, finished with a time of 2:45.29.
- A new study suggests an earthquake could explain the Shroud of Turin or its 1988 radiocarbon dating but the research has led to plenty of controversy.
- The man who saved Fiat and Chrysler is known for speaking his mind. That has not won him friends at home.