- Cannabis Laws and Discourse Are Changing
June 18 2013 7:47 AM
Cannabis legislation is pending in six states, potentially joining the 19 others that have already passed such laws. With the tide turning, the cannabis industry looks to the future.
- EU-US Trade Pact Talks Under Way
June 17 2013 12:21 PM
The EU and the U.S. launched negotiations over a historic trade deal at the G-8 summit, despite French objections late last week.
- China Asks US To Explain Internet Surveillance
June 17 2013 10:32 AM
In the wake of Edward Snowden's allegations the the U.S. was also spying on Chinese citizens, China has demanded an explanation.
- North Korea Asks US To The Table
June 16 2013 12:00 PM
After canceling a meeting with South Korea last week, North Korea now wants direct talks with Washington.
- Cannabis Comes To Wall Street: The Next Big Industry?
June 15 2013 6:28 PM
The ArcView Group, led by Steve DeAngelo, brought cannabis to Wall Street as entrepreneurs and investors discussed the burgeoning industry.
- Will NASA's Budget Leave Space Exploration To Private Sector?
June 15 2013 10:08 AM
One of the first results of the new budget cap could be "no funding for an asteroid rendezvous mission."
- QE Tapering Among Key Economic Events Next Week?
June 14 2013 6:51 PM
The focus will be on the FOMC statement Wednesday, when the Fed will likely lower its forecasts, but remain ambiguous about the prospects for tapering its QE.
- Are The Sudans Still Fighting About Oil? Not Exactly
June 14 2013 3:22 PM
Abyei, a conflicted, oil-rich region, is at the heart of a fresh battle between Sudan and South Sudan.
- US Lawmakers Question Edward Snowden's China Links
June 14 2013 7:33 AM
U.S. lawmakers question Edward Snowden’s links to China while Chinese media weigh how useful the ex-NSA contractor could be to Beijing.
- Portugal's President: Kick IMF Out Of The Troika!
June 14 2013 5:55 AM
Portugal's President Aníbal Cavaco Silva says the IMF has different goals than the EU, which governs the two other branches of the Troika.
- A New Political Landscape On American Guns
June 14 2013 5:51 AM
The Newtown, Conn., shooting added more strength to gun control activists than any event in recent history.
- Putin Sides With Washington On Surveillance, Drones
June 14 2013 5:44 AM
The U.S. government won an unlikely ally in Putin, who defended the NSA’s spying programs and U.S. drone strikes.
- Low-Skilled Immigrants Complement Americans, Not Compete: Study
June 13 2013 3:04 PM
This conservative report supports immigration reform and should knock some wind out of opponents' sails.
- Meet The 51 Miss USA Contestants
June 13 2013 9:58 AM
The 2013 Miss USA pageant is just around the corner where 51 contestants will compete to see if they have what it takes for the crown. The...
- Iran: Much More Than Nukes
June 13 2013 8:45 AM
In highlighting Iran’s nuclear pursuit, U.S. policymakers and pundits have cast insufficient light on Tehran’s other activities.
- NSA's Alexander To Hold Classified Senate Briefing Thursday
June 13 2013 8:16 AM
The NSA chief will privately brief the Senate to defend the controversial surveillance program, while Chinese media react to new details.
- World Bank Cuts Global Growth Outlook For 2013
June 13 2013 3:27 AM
The World Bank cut its growth outlook for 2013 and described the global economic recovery as "hesitant and uneven.”
- RG3 Unafraid Of Setbacks
June 12 2013 5:03 PM
Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III said he'll be ready for training camp in July.
- Major, Rare Storm Forecasted To Hit 10 US States
June 12 2013 3:00 PM
At least 10 U.S. states are expected to experience the rare wind storm "derecho" as early as Wednesday afternoon. The 2012 derecho classified storm led to the death of 22 citizens due to power outages.
- Critics Demand Obama’s Impeachment, Just As They Did His Predecessors’
June 12 2013 2:03 PM
Amid scandals, politicians and activists are calling for Obama's impeachment, echoing similar efforts for almost every president since Nixon.