- Koch Industries, Bechtel and Mars Inc. are the three largest private, family-owned businesses in the country.
Mid-Continent Airport Suicide Bomb Plot: Terry Lee Loewen Arrested For Allegedly Planning To Attack Wichita AirportTerry Lee Loewen was identified as a 58-year-old avionics technician at Mid-Continent Airport. He is expected to face federal charges.
- The Atlas Airlines aircraft had landed at a Kansas airport that was too small to handle the giant plane.
- Tornadoes reportedly touched down Sunday in three U.S. states: Oklahoma, Kansas and Iowa.
- General Electric Co., the blue-chip U.S. conglomerate widely seen as a bellwether of the state of the American economy, is going on a hiring spree. The company is set to employ 12,000 new workers over the next five years, including 5,000 veterans hired through a special priority-placement program, GE said Monday.
- Boeing warned Monday that Pentagon cuts forced by the failure of the congressional super committee may lead it to review the future of its military plane plant in Wichita, Kan.
- For the small club of companies who trade the food, fuels and metals that keep the world running, the last decade has been sensational. Driven by the rise of Brazil, China, India and other fast-growing economies, the global commodities boom has turbocharged profits at the world's biggest trading houses.
- Here’s a look at the abandoned Joyland Amusement Park (1943-2003), which is sure to have you aching with nostalgic creepiness.
- Hawker Beechcraft and Group Lotus promotion begins this week at the European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition and continues through June 30