- Tesla Motors Announces 'Gen III' Electric Sedan
June 05 2013 10:55 AM
During the annual Tesla Motors stockholders meeting, Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced the cheaper Gen III electric sedan for a late 2016 launch.
- US Treasury To Sell 30M GM Shares This Week
June 05 2013 9:53 AM
General Motors still owes about $19 billion to U.S. taxpayers for its bailout, but that sum is about to go down.
- Chrysler Rejects US Regulator's Request To Recall 2.7M Jeeps
June 04 2013 2:53 PM
NHTSA says certain Jeep models have defective fuel systems and serious safety risks in rear-impact collisions.
- How A Volkswagen Factory Affects A Local Economy
June 04 2013 2:37 PM
A study about a Volkswagen car factory in Tennessee helps explain why local governments like foreign direct investment.
- US New Car MPG Up 23% Since October 2007
June 04 2013 2:06 PM
The average miles per gallon that new U.S. cars get has risen steadily from just 20.1 miles in October 2007 to 24.8 miles in May 2013.
- Porche 911 50th Anniversary Edition Revealed
June 04 2013 1:34 PM
The Porsche 911 50th Anniversary Edition will celebrate the car's legacy and will be available this fall.
- Ford Recalls 465,000 Vehicles
June 04 2013 11:30 AM
Ford issued a recall of 465,000 vehicles due to fuel leaks that could result in a fire.
- Volvo Revs Up Output Goal By Two Years
June 04 2013 9:15 AM
The China-owned automaker is building two plants in China to help meet its ambitious goal.
- ‘Big 8’ Notch Better US Auto Sales
June 03 2013 11:18 AM
Final tally for May 2013 U.S. auto sales: 1,444,626 units sold.
- Chrysler’s May 2013 U.S. Sales Up 11%
June 03 2013 9:09 AM
Chrysler reports May record sales for eight models, including the Ram pickup truck and the Jeep Compass compact crossover SUV.
- May US Auto Sales Forecast To Rebound After April
June 01 2013 9:07 AM
Major auto companies are seen pushing the seasonally adjusted annual rate back up to 15 million after an April dip.
- Here’s Where Tesla’s Free Fuel Charing Network Will Take You, Soon
May 30 2013 3:29 PM
Tesla says by the end of the year you'll be able to drive the Model S from coast to coast.
- Fiat Preps $10B To Buy Rest Of Chrysler From Union Trust
May 30 2013 10:09 AM
Fiat wants all of Chrysler, perhaps to float a cash-raising IPO. The buyout is likely to happen by the end of the summer.
- Tesla To Triple Supercharger Network, Introduce $30K Electric Car
May 30 2013 12:36 AM
At D11, Elon Musk said he hopes to triple Tesla's Supercharger network and introduce an affordable all-electric car.
- Tesla's Elon Musk To Speak At D11 Conference
May 29 2013 5:47 PM
Who is Elon Musk? Tesla Motors and SpaceX CEO will speak at AllThingsD's annual conference tonight.
- Tata Motors' Quarterly Sales Offer Glimpse Of India’s Economic Deceleration
May 29 2013 12:51 PM
India’s largest auto company surprised Wall Street with its Q4 earnings, but sales in India have plummeted.
- Should Germany Keep Some State Control Over VW?
May 29 2013 12:29 PM
The European Commission still wants Germany to overturn a law giving Lower Saxony a veto power over Volkswagen's management.
- 2014 Lexus IS First Look
May 28 2013 2:56 PM
The 2014 Lexus IS is meant to be "fun to drive," so International Business Times put the car to the test at the Rockingham Speedway in N. Carolina.
- Prost! Thousands Of VW Workers Get A Raise
May 28 2013 10:22 AM
Upcoming federal elections have local politicians throwing their weight behind unions.
- 2014 Lexus IS Preview
May 24 2013 3:28 PM
The 2014 Lexus IS promises aggressive features, power and emphasizes the craft behind the design.