- Indian Budget Cars Not Built For Fender Benders
January 31 2014 12:43 AM
Tests conducted by the Global New Car Assessment Program show most Indian-made small cars, while cheap and affordable, lack basic safety features.
- Ferdinand Porsche’s First Car Was Electric
January 28 2014 4:33 PM
Lost in a barn since 1902, the first car built by a 22-year-old Porsche namesake has been discovered -- and it's electric.
- Ford’s 2014 Outlook Has Not Changed
January 28 2014 2:30 PM
Ford's share price is trading lower after it reported its 4Q and 2013 performance. Here's why.
- Here’s Why It’s Exciting That Honda Exports More American Cars Than It Imports
January 28 2014 9:53 AM
And is the above a sign of another structural change in the auto sector?
- Tesla Coast-To-Coast Trip - It's Hard To Beat The Price
January 28 2014 8:45 AM
The father-daughter duo left from New York and headed to Los Angeles.
- Ford’s 4th Quarter Results Blow Past Street View
January 28 2014 7:32 AM
The Detroit 3 automaker upped its estimates for pretax profit after reporting earnings of 74 cents per share in the fourth quarter.
- US New Auto Sales Forecast
January 27 2014 7:24 PM
It will be the second consecutive January with sales volume topping one million units -- but is that more than usual?
- Hillary Hasn’t Driven A Car In 17 Years
January 27 2014 12:21 PM
And other nuggets from the U.S. Secretary of State’s New Orleans visit to the auto dealers expo.
- Ford Q4 Earnings Preview: Mixed Results
January 24 2014 3:40 PM
It looks like Ford’s profit growth slowdown has already commenced, as the world's fifth largest automaker embarks on a costly year.
- Chevrolet Makes The Only ‘Acceptable’ Subcompact [VIDEO]
January 23 2014 6:09 PM
Only one of the eleven subcompacts tested by the IIHS got an overall rating of “Acceptable” - but you can’t really get one for its original purpose.
- Tesla's Model S Costs The Same In China, But …
January 23 2014 10:09 AM
Chinese VAT and duties adds $36,700 to the price tag. Tesla says it won’t mark-up the Model S price just because it’s sold in China.
- Regarding Safety, How Fit Is The 2015 Honda Fit?
January 22 2014 10:22 AM
Recent minicar crash tests rank the Chevy Spark safest and the Honda Fit as least safe.
- Fiat-Chrysler’s Sergio Marchionne: Revered In Detroit, Reviled In Italy
January 17 2014 5:11 PM
The man who saved Fiat and Chrysler is known for speaking his mind. That has not won him friends at home.
- LED Headlights Come Of Age
January 17 2014 3:24 PM
One theme at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show is hidden in plain sight: headlight diversity.
- Tesla Executives Awarded 385K Shares Worth Of Options
January 16 2014 5:15 PM
CTO Jeffrey Straubel received a performance-based option to buy 220,000 of those shares at last Monday’s closing TSLA price.
- After-Hours Buzz: J.C. Penney, Apple, GM [VIDEO]
January 15 2014 7:47 PM
Shares of J.C. Penney Company, Inc. fell in extended-hours trading after the retailer announced it plans to close 33 stores and lay off 2,000 employees.
- Nissan Will Make A Cheap Sports Car
January 15 2014 3:44 PM
The race-inspired IDX Nismo concept is just what Nissan needs to combat the Scion FR-S.
- Porsche Touts A Retro Gimmick In Detroit
January 15 2014 12:52 PM
The 911 Targa features a nothing-new look and a Rube Goldberg-like convertible top that’s bound to impress the easily impressed.
- Is The All-American Love Affair With The Car Ebbing?
January 15 2014 10:33 AM
It's well know that Americans are driving less since the Great Recession. But will young Americans lead to a miles-per-driver rebound?
- Feeling Blue? There Will Only Be 1,000 Blue STis
January 14 2014 7:51 PM
Subaru will sell 1,000 limited edition 2015 STis -- and they’ll be the only ones you can get sporting the classic colors.