- Thai Auto Sales Seen Falling 9.5% Despite Record First Half
July 18 2013 12:30 PM
Sales are expected to stabilize following an industry boom last year as a result of a government cash-rebate program.
- Ford Sues Japanese Auto Parts Supplier In Massive Price-Fixing Scheme
July 17 2013 4:22 PM
Fujikura Ltd becomes first Japanese parts supplier to be sued by an automaker after pleading guilty to price fixing components.
- Reality Sets In For Tesla Shareholders
July 16 2013 6:02 PM
A report from Goldman Sachs suggests Tesla stock is not reflecting actual sales. Sell-off slices $17 off the price.
- June European Auto Sales Lowest Since 1996
July 16 2013 9:28 AM
Europe's economic woes linger. France and Italy saw double-digit declines in car sales last month, and even the Germans aren't buying.
- One Mercedes-Benz F1 Racer Driven By Juan Manuel Fangio: $29.6M
July 14 2013 4:28 PM
A Mercedes-Benz F1 racer driven by Juan Manuel Fangio to two F1 victories sold at auction for $29.6 million.
- Baby Purchases 1962 Car On eBay; Family Will Keep It
July 11 2013 10:01 AM
The 1962 Austin-Healey Sprite will be a birthday or graduation gift for Paul and Christina Stoute's daughter.
- GM's China Sales Best US By 200K In Q1/Q2
July 10 2013 3:23 PM
The most populous nation in the world is now GM's most high-volume market.
- Tired Of High US Gas Prices? Volkswagen Concept Car Gets 262 MPG
July 09 2013 3:20 PM
Volkswagen has introduced a new hybrid electric concept car to compete with electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel-cell cars.
- Russia Hit With First WTO Complaint
July 09 2013 12:49 PM
The complaint centers around a green-oriented recycling tax levied on cars imported into Russia.
- Chrysler Issues Recall On Several Vehicle Models
July 05 2013 4:36 PM
Chrysler Group LLC issued a recall Wednesday on several makes and models after discovering faulty head restraints.
- Driver In Amber Alert Kills Himself
July 03 2013 9:23 AM
The four missing children have been located and are safe, ABC 7 News reports.
- GM, Honda Partner To Produce Hydrogen-Powered Car
July 03 2013 4:19 AM
Hydrogen fuel-cell cars are back in flavor as the auto industry explores cheaper, greener and more efficient fuel alternatives.
- Japan's Big 3 Post Strong First Half
July 02 2013 2:54 PM
Toyota sold 1.1 million units in the first six months, while Honda topped 745,000.
- Volkswagen June 2013 US Sales Disappoint
July 02 2013 1:06 PM
The German automaker missed industry estimates by well over 10,000 units as Americans flocked to Detroit offerings.
- Detroit's Big 3 Rev Up In First Half Of 2013
July 02 2013 11:55 AM
General Motors sold 1.42 million vehicles while Ford hit 1.26 million. First half sales increase averaged 8.3%, led by Ford.
- General Motors June 2013 US Sales: Up 6%
July 02 2013 10:55 AM
GM said it sold 1.42 million cars in the U.S. in the first six months of 2013 as demand for two pickups was robust.
- Small Sedans Help Ford's June Sales Surge
July 02 2013 10:20 AM
Ford has been on a winning streak this year. Fiesta sales have doubled since June 2012.
- Chrysler’s June 2013 US Sales Up
July 02 2013 8:52 AM
Sales declined as expected from a robust May, but the last month of the first half of this year still was Chrysler's best in six years.
- NYC Hybrid Bus Program Stalling; Modern Diesel Is Its New ‘Green Machine’
July 01 2013 2:11 PM
New York City hasn't bought a hybrid-engine bus in three years. Now it's scaling back the number they have.
- US Auto Sales Monthly Preview: Was It The Best June Since 2007?
June 29 2013 11:15 PM
Improvements in consumer confidence and housing figures may have pushed June’s U.S. auto sales numbers to pre-recession levels.