- Pickups Go High-Class As US Consumers Buy Fewer Trucks
October 18 2013 5:58 AM
Americans are obsessed with full-sized pickup trucks, but sales are shrinking and the competition's fierce between GM and Ford.
- Toyota In Another Big Recall
October 18 2013 3:51 AM
And what do spiders have to do with it?
- AT&T, Tesla Teaming Up
October 17 2013 3:57 PM
Speaking at GigaOM Mobilize 2013, AT&T’s head of emerging tech says Tesla will use its network.
- Mexico Auto Sales: September Slump, But 2013 Still Solid
October 17 2013 10:28 AM
The weather and the calendar seemed to conspire against the country's car business last month.
- Top Mutual Funds And Their Tesla Motors Positions
October 16 2013 6:43 AM
Tesla shareholders are boosting the car company's stock. But mutual funds have been quietly backing out.
- How Many Electric Cars Are Selling In Latest Resurgence Of Interest?
October 15 2013 12:51 PM
The world is buying about 56,000 passenger electric vehicles annually.
- 1 In 4 US Car Buyers Say Shutdown Affects Purchasing Decisions: Survey
October 14 2013 7:09 PM
Many see the cost of auto loans rising. Most are unaware the department responsible for auto safety is closed right now.
- Totoya's Bitter-Sweet Tech Experience
October 14 2013 10:45 AM
Toyota is being sued for Prius' failing the forward-crash avoidance test, but Toyota is moving forward with collision-avoidance technology.
- China September Auto Sales Up 21%: Ford Focus Powers Ahead
October 12 2013 10:14 PM
The Chinese bought 1.59 million autos in September: The Ford Focus was in front last month, but still trails the VW Lavida for the year.
- Will US Get Return Of Investment In General Motors?
October 11 2013 11:37 AM
The latest government estimates say the write-off for rescuing GM will be a sizable sum, and that figure could change.
- Exactly How Many People Have Ordered Tesla’s Model S?
October 11 2013 6:21 AM
A customer database suggests a significant number of Model S sedans have been assigned identification numbers since the car went on the market.
- US Government Shutdown Halts Auto Recalls, Public At Risk: NHTSA
October 10 2013 2:52 PM
Safety advocates say the halt of the release of NHTSA auto recalls, due to the government shutdown, poses a danger to vehicle owners and the public.
- Toyota Prices Prius Plug-In Hybrid Below $30,000
October 09 2013 5:30 PM
Toyota moves the price of its plug-in Prius to the bottom of the stack of competing models from GM, Honda and Ford.
- Tesla’s Stock Down Over 7% Since Monday, After Recovering From Car Fire
October 09 2013 1:47 PM
Is Tesla's drop merely U.S. debt-ceiling jitters or is a correction underway?
- Average US New Vehicle MPG (Real) Will Top 46 By 2025
October 08 2013 4:24 PM
Currently, the average, U.S. new vehicle is getting around 30 mpg.
- Why Aston Martin Should Have Never Made That Cygnet Minicar
October 08 2013 10:31 AM
The British-based luxury carmaker shows us that the world might not want a luxury gas-powered minicar.
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Reveal Live Stream
October 07 2013 2:45 PM
The 2015 Cadillac Escalade reveal live stream will begin at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Oct. 7.
- Elon Musk Lost Nearly $600M Since That Tesla Model S Fire
October 03 2013 3:49 PM
TSLA stock may have entered correction mode as questions linger about how firefighters should deal with EV accidents.
- Ford Is Nipping At GM's Heels
October 03 2013 1:47 PM
GM is the undisputed leader in U.S. new-auto sales, but Ford has occasionally bested its larger competitor.
- Tesla Model S Catches Fire After Striking Object On Road; Firefighters Say Water Made Fire Worse
October 02 2013 4:56 PM
Here’s something you don’t see every day: A Tesla in flames following a collision. Was the battery at fault?