- Tracking America’s Energy Costs And Production
March 29 2013 8:49 AM
The U.S. will overtake Saudi Arabia as the world’s leading oil producer by about 2017 and will become a net oil exporter by 2030.
- Dwindling Oil Demand, Cheaper Natural Gas
March 27 2013 7:26 PM
Policy mandates to improve fuel economy will continue to cause lower crude use in non-OPEC countries.
- US Ex-Im Bank Lends $9M For Calif. Solar Co. Project In India
March 27 2013 12:40 PM
Federal banking agency sees win-win in India's solar energy market.
- Idle Drills, Stalled Projects And Lower Spending Hurt Mining Worldwide
March 27 2013 5:55 AM
The recent decline of the international mining industry's pipeline activity continues, and is down 43% since October.
- China Petroleum & Chemical To Buy $3B In Oil, Gas Assets
March 25 2013 7:15 AM
Sinopec goes hunting for ways to cut its imports of crude oil.
- US Truckers: Natural-Gas Rigs Are Still Too Pricey
March 22 2013 2:55 PM
Despite pressure from manufacturers and help from government, U.S. distributors are wary of adopting natural gas.
- Gushing: US Crude Oil Production About To Top Imports
March 20 2013 2:08 PM
U.S. crude oil production is on track to exceed imports this year. Anadarko Petroleum is showing why.
- Afghans To Join Ranks Of Oil Producers This Year
March 20 2013 8:31 AM
Crude oil production and refining are growth industries in Afghanistan, and China aims to profit from it.
- Obama To Propose 'Energy Security Trust'
March 15 2013 8:00 AM
The president wants Congress to authorize $2 billion to develop alternative fuels.
- Chevron To Argentina: Un-Freeze Our Assets
March 14 2013 10:27 AM
U.S. oil giant says the deal with Argentine oil company YPF is at stake over a court’s decision to side with Ecuador on environment.
- China Pays $4.2B For Mozambique Shale Gas Assets
March 14 2013 8:36 AM
China is spending $4.2 billion for a natural gas asset in Mozambique to feed its growing economy.
- China Betting On US Shale Natural Gas Growth
March 14 2013 7:50 AM
China's ENN Group said it will build natural gas refueling stations to cash in on the shale gas boom in the U.S.
- Two Years After Fukushima, The Choice Is Still Nuclear
March 11 2013 4:46 PM
Japan's nuclear disaster has done little to dissuade the world's developed countries from continuing their nuclear programs.
- Big Oil Eyes Venezuela But It May Have To Be Patient
March 07 2013 10:38 AM
With Chavez no longer running Venezuela, its once-mighty petroleum industry could be restored -- but only slowly.
- Just Call It Boomtown USA
March 05 2013 2:05 PM
The huge increase in natural gas and oil production has helped make Houston the top U.S. city for corporate expansions.
- Sign Of The Times: China Cleared For Huge Acquisition
February 13 2013 9:24 AM
China’s state-owned oil giant CNOOC was cleared by U.S. regulators to to make its largest-ever foreign acquisition.
- High Corn Prices Idle Ethanol Plants
February 11 2013 12:56 PM
The cost of corn has surpassed the price of the ethanol made from it, which doesn’t bode well for producers.
- Iranian Natural Gas Workers Jump Into Persian Gulf As Rig Collapses
February 04 2013 10:44 AM
A dramatic video shows more than a dozen Iranian natural gas workers jumping into the Persian Gulf to escape a rapidly sinking production rig.
- The 'Blame Game' Begins Over Super Bowl Blackout
February 04 2013 10:21 AM
After the great power outage in New Orleans' Superdome, the recriminations begin.
- Aubrey McClendon Out As Chesapeake Energy CEO
January 29 2013 8:16 PM
Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK) announced Tuesday that CEO Aubrey McClendon will resign after a tumultuous year in which a series of Reuters investigations triggered civil and criminal probes.