- Japan's Sharp Considers Selling US-Based Solar Subsidiary
September 08 2014 10:35 AM
The Japanese electronics firm already stopped its U.S. and U.K. solar panel production lines earlier this year.
- UK Lawyers Back BP In Deepwater Horizon Court Cases
September 08 2014 10:32 AM
British lawyers urged the U.S. Supreme Court to review its finding that BP has to keep compensating companies for oil spill damage.
- 400,000 Homes Lose Power As Storms Lash Michigan
September 06 2014 6:49 AM
Major energy companies in the storm-hit state said that tens of thousands of its customers have been left without electricity.
- 'Business As Usual'
September 05 2014 7:24 PM
BP's technology chief told Bloomberg Television that the Thursday ruling won't hamper its investment in deepwater drilling.
- Keystone XL Fight Plays Out In Nebraska Courtroom
September 05 2014 12:01 PM
Nebraska lawyers are challenging a February ruling that invalidated the Keystone XL's proposed 300-mile route through the state.
- Clinton Wants To Turn US Into A 'Clean Energy Superpower'
September 05 2014 10:38 AM
Though she didn't offer specifics, the prospective presidential candidate called on businesses and politicians to confront climate change.
- Clinton, Christie Vie For Energy Industry Favor
September 04 2014 2:48 PM
Clinton is addressing "clean energy" leaders Thursday, while Christie appealed to oil and gas players in a Wednesday speech.
- Shell Discoveries In Pennsylvania Could Spur New Shale Boom
September 04 2014 11:48 AM
Royal Dutch Shell is among the first companies to try to tap the Utica shale formation in northeastern Pennsylvania.
- BP’s Conduct Found 'Reckless' By Judge
September 04 2014 11:21 AM
Billions in claims are now at stake after a U.S. judge ruled Thursday that BP acted with gross negligence in 2010's Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- African Oil 'Developing At An Incredible Pace'
September 04 2014 10:57 AM
Major gas finds in Mozambique and Tanzania in particular could spur an East African boom, if countries can overcome production challenges.
- Duke Energy To Help Build $5B Shale Gas Pipeline
September 03 2014 12:17 PM
The North Carolina-based utility will own 40 percent of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline, which will cut through the Marcellus and Utica shale gas basins.
- Chevron Sells Off Renewable Energy Division
September 03 2014 10:54 AM
The sale of Chevron Energy Solutions follows a series of similar moves by oil giants Shell and BP in recent years. Is renewable energy bad business for big oil?
- EU Energy Chief Not Ruling Out 'Worst-Case Scenarios' This Winter
September 03 2014 10:49 AM
European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger spoke to fears that Russia could cut off Europe's natural gas supplies in the winter.
- US Gas Prices Lowest Ahead Of Labor Day In Four Years
August 29 2014 1:57 PM
The average price at the pump is $3.45 per gallon, but prices vary widely by region.
- Nigerian Transparency Group Struggles To Rein In Oil Corruption
August 29 2014 11:43 AM
Questions about missing oil funds run rampant in Nigeria, but the group tasked with policing the industry is struggling to do its job.
- Investing In Long-Term Pollution
August 29 2014 10:06 AM
Continuing global investments in fossil fuel-fired power plants are undermining efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.
- US Railroads Move More Crude Oil Amid Drilling Boom
August 28 2014 1:14 PM
Oil companies are increasingly leaning on railroads to ship crude as pipeline capacity fails to keep up with demand.
- Russian Energy Giant Ditches US Dollar For Ruble
August 28 2014 10:28 AM
The currency switch is a protective measure for Russia, since U.S. dollars can be tracked and controlled by American officials.
- Obama Pursues 'Hybrid' Global Climate Treaty
August 27 2014 8:21 PM
The approach would allow Obama to sidestep Congress in joining a global pact to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Thefts Drive Foreign Oil Companies Out Of Nigeria
August 27 2014 1:40 PM
Royal Dutch Shell and other foreign companies are selling off their Nigerian oil assets, leaving room for local firms to gain ground.