- Lifted Sanctions Could Fuel Oil Competition Between Iran And Iraq
June 09 2014 12:36 PM
The U.S. government said Iran is cooperating with the international community to roll back its controversial nuclear program.
- Billionaire Climate Activist Tom Steyer Divesting From Fossil Fuels
June 09 2014 11:30 AM
The former hedge-fund manager and prominent climate activist Tom Steyer will have finally divested of all his fossil fuel holdings by the end of this month, the Washington Post reported Monday.
- Higher Number of Railroad Accidents Expected if Obama Rejects Keystone, According To Report
June 09 2014 9:59 AM
The US State Department on Friday said that oil-carrying rail cars could lead to more deaths than previously expected if the proposed Keystone XL pipeline is not built.
- Fukushima Operator Hires California Company To Decontaminate Water
June 09 2014 9:50 AM
Tokyo Electric Power Co. has struggled to clean up toxic water after a 2011 earthquake damaged its nuclear power plant.
- India's GAIL Finds US Gas Cheaper Than Qatar LNG
June 09 2014 2:12 AM
Sabine Pass is one of three LNG companies in the US allowed to sell gas to countries without a free trade agreement with the US.
- 6 Ways Climate Change Could Hurt Americans' Health: Report
June 06 2014 7:34 PM
Asthma, heat stroke, allergies and infectious diseases are all likely to increase.
- Brazil Scrambling For Natural Gas As Drought Threatens Power Output
June 06 2014 1:29 PM
“Brazil has been hit by severe drought and has been scrambling to find additional supplies of gas to compensate for the lack of hydropower."
- The World Cup May Struggle To Keep The Lights On
June 06 2014 1:23 PM
“Are we completely free from blackouts? No, not completely."
- Chart: Carbon Rules Encourage States to Invest in Nuclear Power
June 06 2014 12:24 PM
The proposed rules would require states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from power plants by 2030.
- Turning East Again: Russia Touts Another Potential Energy Deal With China
June 06 2014 10:38 AM
Just weeks after signing a historic $400 billion natural gas deal with China, Russian officials are talking up the possibility of a second major agreement.
- Canada Looking Beyond US To Export Oil
June 06 2014 10:06 AM
Half a dozen pipeline projects are in planning stages to transport oil to Canadian coasts.
- Obama Says Carbon Plan Gives US Leverage
June 06 2014 9:42 AM
President Obama briefed the other heads of the G-7 countries this week on his administration's latest climate action plan.
- Obama Carbon Plan Could Give Boost to Troubled Nuclear Industry
June 05 2014 4:14 PM
The Obama administration's new plan to curb carbon emissions from power plants could give a much-needed boost to the economically troubled U.S. nuclear industry.
- Vox Editor Gives 7 Reasons for 'Climate Pessimism'
June 05 2014 3:18 PM
A Vox post on Thursday morning ignited discussion around the Web about whether the United States--or the world--can do enough to combat the existential threat of global warming.
- Gallup: Over 60% Of Americans Favor Carbon Controls
June 05 2014 10:38 AM
The results of a new Gallup survey suggest that the public will generally support the Obama administration's latest proposals for cutting carbon emissions from U.S. power plants.
- Keystone XL Vulnerable To Terrorism: Report
June 04 2014 6:34 PM
A bomb attack could spill more than 7 million gallons of tar sands crude, says a consultant hired by a prominent Keystone XL opponent.
- Chinese Solar Firms Could Lose US Market Share Amid Tariffs
June 04 2014 3:58 PM
Chinese solar panel makers increased shipments to the U.S. last year despite import tariffs put in place in 2012.
- Europe Facing Power Crisis As Utilities Choose Coal Over Gas
June 04 2014 2:18 PM
A recent report from the International Center for National Gas Information highlights risks to European energy security.
- Tesla Will Name Battery 'Gigafactory' Site By End Of Year
June 04 2014 10:52 AM
The factory could cost as much as $5 billion to build, employ up to 6,500 people in three states and cut battery costs by 30 percent.
- Nuclear Safety Officials To Testify On Post-Fukushima Response
June 04 2014 9:56 AM
The U.S. Senate environment committee is holding an oversight hearing Wednesday on how the NRC has responded to Fukushima.