- As EU Looks For Alternatives To Russian Gas, Turkey Vacillates Between East And West
May 19 2014 10:05 AM
As the EU looks for options to reduce its dependence on Russian gas, Turkey presents an uncertain option.
- Balkans Flooding Threatens Serbia Power Plants, 37 Dead
May 18 2014 7:55 PM
"The situation is catastrophic," Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said.
- Exxon Says It's Staying In Russian Project
May 16 2014 10:28 AM
A Russian newspaper reported that U.S. sanctions may force Exxon to leave Sakhalin, but Exxon says it has no such plans.
- Russia To Ukraine: Pay Up Or Forfeit Gas
May 16 2014 9:04 AM
“I would like to emphasize once again that we were forced to make this decision,” Putin said in a letter to European leaders.
- Exxon's Papua New Guinea LNG Ready To Ship, With Royalties Undecided
May 15 2014 3:27 PM
The $19 billion project is estimated to produce nearly 7 million tons of LNG per year for 30 years.
- Deadline Passes In Iran Nuclear Talks With UN
May 15 2014 2:18 PM
It's not known if Iran has complied on providing information about detonators that can be used for bombs.
- Pipeline Deal Shows Russia, Shunned By West, Courting China
May 15 2014 1:23 PM
Tapping Siberia's natural gas promises a win for both sides.
- Turks Mourn And March As Toll Rises In Mine
May 15 2014 10:18 AM
Unions call a one-day protest strike and demonstrations against the government spread across the country.
- California Hit By Wildfires And Oil Spill In Same Day
May 15 2014 8:45 AM
The governor has declared a state of emergency.
- Dow Chemical Blocks Inquiry Into Bhopal Disaster
May 15 2014 7:56 AM
In December 1984, deadly gas leaked from a pesticide plant in the Indian city making it one of the world's worst industrial disasters.
- Will Climate Change Cause Wars?
May 14 2014 6:12 PM
Less-stable infrastructures and greater demand for resources could be a “catalyst for conflict," according to a military report.
- Poor Working Conditions Continue To Plague Coal-Producing Developing Countries
May 14 2014 3:21 PM
Tuesday's deadly mine explosion in Turkey highlights the dangers in the coal industry.
- China-Russia Gas Pipeline Very Likely To Be Concluded
May 14 2014 2:59 PM
When President Putin visits Beijing next week, China and Russia are expected to cement their energy alliance with a new deal.
- Angry Protesters Force Turkish PM To Flee Mine Disaster Town
May 14 2014 1:14 PM
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was forced to take refuge in a shop in Soma as furious relatives besieged him.
- Chinese Preparing Base On Disputed Reef: Manila
May 13 2014 8:45 PM
The Chinese are shipping soil to the reef to enlarge it for an airstrip, Philippine and U.S. sources say.
- What Is Burisma?
May 13 2014 4:58 PM
Hunter Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, will join the top private gas producer in Ukraine.
- Biden's Son Joins Ukraine's Largest Gas Company
May 13 2014 4:02 PM
Hunter Biden's business partner Devon Archer, who has ties to John Kerry, has reportedly been appointed to the company's board.
- Canada Arrests Rail Employees For Deadly Oil Train Crash
May 13 2014 1:47 PM
In similar accidents in the U.S. companies have avoided prosecution.
- Saudi Arabia To Step In If Ukraine Crisis Creates Crude Shortage
May 12 2014 1:34 AM
Russia's Gazprom meets more than half of Ukraine's gas demands while supplying nearly a third of Europe's gas.
- Freighter Runs Aground Off Galapagos Islands
May 10 2014 6:59 PM
The freighter isn't a threat to the precious environment just yet, but has 16,000 gallons of fuel on board.