- Shale Boom To Spread Beyond US By 2020
June 17 2014 8:45 AM
The North American shale boom will spread to Russia and Latin America next, the International Energy Agency expects.
- Kurds Show Their Mettle As They Fill War-Created Void In Northern Iraq
June 17 2014 8:36 AM
"It is not possible that the Iraqi government return and fill these huge areas that it left."
- China Nixes Plan That Would Have Formed Global Shipping Alliance
June 17 2014 7:39 AM
U.S and Europe had already cleared the plan, but China's rejection killed it.
- Australia Delays Decision On Adani's $15B Coal Project
June 17 2014 1:31 AM
The project in the untapped Galilee Basin could produce 60 million tons of coal a year for use in power stations.
- Oil Prices Fluctuate While Kurdistan Moves To Secure Oil In North
June 16 2014 7:20 PM
The market is responding to instability in Iraq, but the Kurdistan Regional Government seeks to bring stability.
- Obama Launches $1B Climate 'Resilience' Fund
June 16 2014 6:17 PM
Obama's climate change plan offers nearly $1 billion to help communities not just recover from natural disasters, but prepare for them.
- China 'Energy Revolution' Needed: President Xi
June 16 2014 1:56 PM
China's President, Xi Jinping, on Friday announced new guidelines for reshaping how the Asian giant produces and consumes energy.
- Ukraine's Gas Inventory Will Run Out In A Month
June 16 2014 1:44 PM
Gazprom shut off natural gas to Ukraine on Monday, leaving the country relying on a less-than-half-full inventory.
- Exxon To Share Moscow Stage With Rosneft
June 16 2014 9:09 AM
Exxon's CEO will speak at a summit in Moscow despite requests from the U.S. government to isolate Russia over its actions in Ukraine.
- Russia Cuts Off Ukraine's Gas Supply As Both Countries Sue Each Other
June 16 2014 7:51 AM
Supply of Russian gas to Europe will continue through Ukraine as usual unless the latter diverts it during transit.
- Gas Cutoff Looms As No Progress Report In Gazprom-Naftogaz Talks
June 15 2014 8:08 PM
Russia incensed over statements by acting Ukranian foreign minister describing Putin in unflattering terms.
- Obama To Congress: Stop Politicizing Climate Change
June 14 2014 6:07 PM
Obama says he never thought he'd ever begin a speech by saying, "Hello anteaters."
- China Says It'll 'Never Send Military' To Oil Rig Spat With Vietnam
June 13 2014 8:54 PM
The oil rig's deployment triggered anti-Chinese riots in Vietnam in May that led to the death of at least four workers.
- Oil Prices Soar To Highest Of The Year
June 13 2014 8:59 AM
U.S. retail gasoline prices will likely climb 5 cents to 10 cents and stay up for the summer.
- Iraq Insurgency Could Drive Oil Price Spike
June 12 2014 6:01 PM
Global oil prices are rising and could soar further as insurgents in Iraq threaten southern oil fields and export facilities, analysts say.
- India's Not The Only One To Question Greenpeace
June 12 2014 2:18 PM
There are a few reasons to question Greenpeace's environmental agenda.
- Canadian Officials Blast Obama Over Keystone XL Delay: "An Affront"
June 12 2014 11:53 AM
Three top Canadian officials on a recent trip to New York City pressured the Obama administration on the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.
- India Accuses NGOs, Including Greenpeace, Of Opposing Economic Growth
June 12 2014 9:25 AM
An Indian government report alleges that NGOs aim to cut economic growth by 2-3 percent if they continue opposing nuclear and coal projects.
- Oil Supply Will Meet Demand In Second Half Of 2014
June 12 2014 9:22 AM
OPEC, the group of major oil-producing countries, tried to allay concerns that oil output would not be enough to meet rising global demand in the second half of this year.
- Biden Remarks Highlight Paradox of 'All-Of-The-Above' Energy Strategy
June 11 2014 8:53 PM
Vice President Biden said the U.S. should use this opportunity to transition to energy independence and also renewable energy.