- Europe To Canada: Keep (At Least Some Of) Your Crude
November 20 2013 12:05 PM
Europe is looking to curb its carbon emissions and that means staying away from Canada's tar sands-based crude oil.
- Why Banks In London Are Exiting The Carbon Trade
November 19 2013 10:15 AM
The emissions trading system in Europe may be failing, as London banks close or scale back carbon trading desks.
- Exxon To Divest $3.4B Stake In Hong Kong Venture
November 19 2013 3:35 AM
The deal is the latest among a series of similar deals by American oil companies to channel funds back home.
- Will Obama Finally Make Up His Mind On Keystone Next Year?
November 18 2013 2:56 PM
It has been five years since the Keystone XL was first proposed, and we will soon learn its fate.
- Facebook's Fully Wind-Powered Data Center
November 18 2013 11:16 AM
Facebook, Google, and Microsoft have all paid attention to the energy consumption and sources for their massive data centers.
- Gateway West Transmission Line - Connecting Renewables Supply To Demand
November 18 2013 10:29 AM
The Obama administration energy initiative will help integrate renewable energy sources with transmission lines across the U.S.
- Tepco Begins Risky Fuel Rod Transfer At Fukushima
November 18 2013 4:59 AM
The unprecedented operation is regarded as the first step in a decommissioning process that could take decades to complete.
- France Windmill Plan Hits Turbulence
November 18 2013 3:04 AM
Opponents say huge wind turbines destroy the beauty of historic sites, leading to a downturn and job losses in the tourism industry.
- Google Invests $80 Million In Solar Panels
November 16 2013 9:38 AM
Google has invested more than $1 billion in large-scale projects to produce energy, and announced Thursday its 14th investment in a renewable energy plan.
- How Pipeline Explosions May Kill Keystone XL Project
November 15 2013 3:53 PM
The Keystone XL pipeline debate is back in the news after a pipeline explosion. Here's how environmentalists are using this to their advantage.
- Why Warren Buffett May Be Swimming In Something Besides Money
November 15 2013 11:47 AM
Warren Buffett is building out his energy portfolio with a $3.5 billion stake in ExxonMobil.
- Myanmar Looks Abroad To Tap Vast Oil And Gas Reserves
November 14 2013 11:58 PM
Myanmar could have 100 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves offshore, but it needs foreign companies to help it exploit its resources.
- Berkshire Likes Exxon Mobil
November 14 2013 11:29 PM
An SEC filing also shows the Warren Buffett-run holding company cut its stake in ConocoPhillips in the September quarter.
- Can The Railroad Industry Handle The US Oil Boom?
November 14 2013 2:32 PM
Recent rail accidents involving petroleum products in North America have left many in the rail industry to question federal safety regulations.
- Iraq Turning The Tide In Oil Production?
November 14 2013 6:48 AM
How can Iraq become the biggest oil producer in the next 20 years, with all its political strife?
- From The Ground Up: Oil Is At A Four-Month Low With More Price Weakness To Come
November 13 2013 11:51 AM
Today's cheap gasoline prices aren't a fluke. The pump price is down for all sorts of reasons, many of which aren't going away anytime soon.
- Global Energy Firms Abandon E. Europe Shale Gas
November 13 2013 10:13 AM
As efforts to harvest shale gas in Lithuania, Poland and the Ukraine falter, Russia remains the region's largest producer.
- Fuel Shortages In Wake Of Super Typhoon In Philippines
November 13 2013 8:40 AM
The typhoon that hit the Philippines last week damaged key energy infrastructure and affected fuel supplies.
- Ecuadorian Court Reduces Chevron Corporation's Fine For Polluting Amazon To $9.5 Billion
November 13 2013 7:58 AM
Because Chevron no longer operates in Ecuador, it's unlikely it will ever pay the fine.
- Nicaragua’s Energy Future Might Be In Its Volcanoes
November 13 2013 6:05 AM
The nation is aspiring to become the "greenest" in Central America.