- New CO2 Emissions Rule Expected Monday
June 01 2014 4:38 PM
Coal-fired power plants expected to be the hardest hit by new regulations.
- Obama Administration To Unveil Carbon Pollution Limits
May 30 2014 4:04 PM
The proposed rules, the first ever for existing power plants, are expected to trigger a massive clash between industry and environmentalists.
- Ukraine Pays 20 Percent Of Gas Bill To Russia
May 30 2014 2:30 PM
Energy ministers from Ukraine, Russia and the EU met in Berlin today to discuss Ukraine's gas bill.
- Russia To Ukraine: Pay At The Pump
May 30 2014 8:54 AM
The Kremlin has threatened to shut off gas supplies to Ukraine if the former Soviet republic doesn't pre-pay for gas by Monday.
- Exporting Oil Would Lower US Gas Prices, Says Oil And Gas Lobby
May 29 2014 2:54 PM
A new analysis estimates that lifting an oil export ban would add hundreds of millions of dollars in activity to many state economies.
- Japan To Build Underground Ice Wall Around Fukushima
May 29 2014 10:31 AM
The $314 million Fukushima ice wall project will begin construction in June.
- Poroshenko Plays Risky Game Between Europe And Russia
May 27 2014 10:41 PM
Two days into his job, Ukraine's new president gets a hand from Europe, but he must keep Moscow happy, too.
- Obama To Roll Out New Carbon Emission Rules Next Week
May 27 2014 7:47 AM
President will use his executive authority to order new rules.
- Navy Chief Shapes A Greener Fleet To Sail The Blue Seas
May 25 2014 11:06 PM
Secretary Ray Mabus, a numbers man, tries to navigate the U.S. Navy through the perils of budget cuts.
- ExxonMobil Signs Deal With Rosneft's Igor Sechin
May 23 2014 7:33 PM
The two oil giants will keep drilling together in the Arctic.
- Lower Gas Prices Won't Spark More Engines Over Memorial Day Weekend
May 23 2014 2:38 PM
Americans have been driving fewer miles for nine years straight.
- Good News About Gas?
May 23 2014 9:12 AM
The U.S. national average price for regular gasoline is $3.67, slightly lower than a year ago. But there's more.
- Vast Shale Oil Reserves Discovered Under South England
May 23 2014 6:28 AM
In a separate 2013 study, the BGS found 1.3 trillion cubic feet of shale gas reserves under Yorkshire and Lancashire.
- Al-Maliki's Win Will Not Impact Iraqi Oil Sector, Experts Say
May 21 2014 3:40 PM
But how Al-Maliki handles leaders of the country's oil-rich Kurdish area could have a big effect on the nation's energy business.
- Russian-Chinese Partnership: 'Becoming Stronger By The Day'
May 21 2014 2:26 PM
Russia signed a $400 billion natural gas contract with China early Wednesday, and experts think many more deals are on the horizon.
- Russia And China Sign Landmark Gas Deal Worth $400B
May 21 2014 8:00 AM
Russia is looking at new ties with Asia and the gas deal comes as a major breakthrough after a 10-year-long negotiation.
- China, Russia's Gazprom Sign Gas Supply Agreement
May 21 2014 6:41 AM
The deal has been unofficially valued at over $400 billion.
- The Gas Deal: Why China Has Leverage Over Russia
May 20 2014 6:51 PM
Russia needs China's markets more than China wants Russian gas.
- High Levels Of Toxic Gas Ignored At Turkish Coal Mine
May 20 2014 7:52 AM
Officials arrested in relation to the accident will face charges of negligent death.
- 'We Had No Escape Plan'; Miners Say Turkish Officials Were Warned
May 19 2014 7:09 PM
Miners in Soma say they saw trouble brewing, but owners and officials ignored safety concerns.