- Wind Power Roasts 14 Million Christmas Turkeys
December 23 2013 11:59 AM
How in the world can wind power help roast turkeys? Check out what one study found.
- Morgan Stanley Offloading Commodities Business
December 21 2013 1:59 PM
The investment bank announced the sale of oil trading business to Russia’s state-run Rosneft.
- Obama Administration's Proposal To Modernize Its Nuclear Forces Will Cost $355 Billion Over A Decade:CBO
December 21 2013 1:38 PM
The nuclear budget request comes at a time when the nation is facing tight fiscal controls due to its large budget deficit.
- Scientists Discover New Populations Of Exploding Radio Stars That Are Instantly Killed By Black Hole Birth
December 21 2013 11:46 AM
These exploding stars “switch off” their radio transmissions after emitting a strong beam of Gamma-rays, before turning into a black hole.
- Blocking Keystone XL: Find Out Who Might Stop Tar-Sands Flowing South
December 21 2013 10:57 AM
Could a single person defeat the Keystone pipeline?
- Greenpeace's Arctic 30 Fight Continues After Losing Battle In Arctic
December 20 2013 5:15 PM
The saga of the 28 Greenpeace crew members and two journalists held in a Russian prison has come to an end, but the larger fight continues.
- How Greece's Economic Crisis Is Harming The Environment
December 20 2013 12:03 PM
As winter sets in, Greeks are looking to stay warm with cheaper -- but more harmful -- energy sources.
- 4 Biggest Energy-Sector Scandals In 2013
December 20 2013 10:43 AM
Congress and Hollywood aren't the only places for drama and intrigue. The energy sector wasn't far behind in 2013.
- Dolphin Sickness Linked To Deepwater Horizon Disaster [PHOTOS]
December 19 2013 6:35 AM
A study has found that dolphins in Louisiana's Barataria Bay, affected by BP’s oil spill, are five times more likely to contract lung disease.
- US And Mexico Will Start Sharing Black Gold
December 19 2013 6:21 AM
There are roughly 4,000 offshore platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, and the number may increase by 25 percent.
- How The US Navy Might Spin Seawater Into Jet Fuel
December 17 2013 7:44 PM
Navy researchers are working on technology to churn the sea itself into a jet-like fuel.
- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- UK Inflation Hits 4-Year Low
December 17 2013 5:31 AM
Slower increases in food and energy prices caused the inflation to moderate to a multiyear low.
- Skiing On Italian Alps May Soon Be Over
December 16 2013 3:59 PM
Ever wanted to ski the Italian Alps? Better make those plans soon.
- BP Oil Spill - Don’t Forget Rejected Claims, Alongside Fraudulent Ones: Lawyer
December 16 2013 2:29 PM
A plaintiff's attorney for claimants criticized strict documentation standards needed for claims on BP’s oil spill fund, arguing that thousands are left unpaid even if they suffered damages.
- China's Plans To Combat Air Pollution May Be Cut Short
December 16 2013 10:14 AM
Even though China is looking to curb carbon emissions, coal power plants will still account for the majority of the country's electric generation.
- The Slowdown In China's Push For Canadian Oil And Gas
December 16 2013 10:02 AM
The Canadian government has made clear it prefers investment from private companies, not China's state-owned enterprises.
- Keystone Pipeline Vulnerable To Leaks, Public Citizen Says; TransCanada Responds
December 13 2013 10:48 AM
As the second leg of the Keystone XL Pipeline approaches completion, the project faces growing pressure from opposition groups.
- Is Your Country Running Out Of Water?
December 13 2013 6:24 AM
The World Resources Institute's new study finds that water shortages and related stress levels impact economy.
- How Do Fish Get Lazy And Fail To Spawn? Global Warming Could Be The Answer
December 12 2013 1:19 PM
Climate change is not only melting Arctic sea ice but also disrupting sea creatures' life cycles.