- India's Not The Only One To Question Greenpeace
June 12 2014 2:18 PM
There are a few reasons to question Greenpeace's environmental agenda.
- Canadian Officials Blast Obama Over Keystone XL Delay: "An Affront"
June 12 2014 11:53 AM
Three top Canadian officials on a recent trip to New York City pressured the Obama administration on the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.
- India Accuses NGOs, Including Greenpeace, Of Opposing Economic Growth
June 12 2014 9:25 AM
An Indian government report alleges that NGOs aim to cut economic growth by 2-3 percent if they continue opposing nuclear and coal projects.
- Oil Supply Will Meet Demand In Second Half Of 2014
June 12 2014 9:22 AM
OPEC, the group of major oil-producing countries, tried to allay concerns that oil output would not be enough to meet rising global demand in the second half of this year.
- Biden Remarks Highlight Paradox of 'All-Of-The-Above' Energy Strategy
June 11 2014 8:53 PM
Vice President Biden said the U.S. should use this opportunity to transition to energy independence and also renewable energy.
- Ohio To Roll Back Clean Energy Mandate
June 11 2014 2:56 PM
The governor is set to sign a rollback of Ohio's renewable energy and energy efficiency mandates ahead of the Saturday deadline.
- Iraqi Uprising Exposes Global Oil Prices To Risk
June 11 2014 2:48 PM
Non-OPEC oil supply is expected to tail off in a few years, and then OPEC supply will be needed.
- Duke Energy's Coal Ash Agreement Too Narrow: Advocates
June 11 2014 12:59 PM
Clean-water groups aren't entirely satisfied by the agreement between Duke Energy and environmental regulators in North Carolina and Virginia.
- Watch Vice President Biden Addresses New York Energy Summit
June 11 2014 12:34 PM
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden will make remarks at a New York City energy summit today at 1:45 p.m. ET.
- US Energy Production Met 84% Of Demand In 2013
June 10 2014 1:04 PM
Natural gas was the largest domestic energy resource for the third year in a row last year, the report found.
- Appeal Noted, But Supreme Court Says BP Still Has to Pay
June 10 2014 10:27 AM
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ruled that BP must keep making payments for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill while it appeals a 2012 settlement.
- Gas Boom Will Spread To China, Report Says
June 10 2014 10:17 AM
A surge in Chinese natural gas consumption would help the country reduce its fossil fuel consumption and accompanying air pollution.
- Russia And Ukraine Natural Gas Talks Continue Without Resolution
June 10 2014 9:20 AM
The talks will continue late Tuesday or early Wednesday, the EU's energy commissioner said.
- Japanese Still Won't Say When Nuclear Power Freeze Will End
June 09 2014 7:19 PM
A Japanese official, in New York to share the new strategic energy plan, did not offer comments on if and when the nation's 48 idled nuclear reactors might come online again.
- Chinese App Tracks Factory Pollution in Real Time
June 09 2014 5:41 PM
The app lets users pinpoint factories that are emitting excessive pollution, in an effort to pressure authorities and companies for cleaner air.
- North American Shale Oil Boom Key Challenge At OPEC Meeting
June 09 2014 1:31 PM
Lower production in Libya could topple the Middle Eastern cartel's "sweet spot" price and output target.
- Lifted Sanctions Could Fuel Oil Competition Between Iran And Iraq
June 09 2014 12:36 PM
The U.S. government said Iran is cooperating with the international community to roll back its controversial nuclear program.
- Billionaire Climate Activist Tom Steyer Divesting From Fossil Fuels
June 09 2014 11:30 AM
The former hedge-fund manager and prominent climate activist Tom Steyer will have finally divested of all his fossil fuel holdings by the end of this month, the Washington Post reported Monday.
- Higher Number of Railroad Accidents Expected if Obama Rejects Keystone, According To Report
June 09 2014 9:59 AM
The US State Department on Friday said that oil-carrying rail cars could lead to more deaths than previously expected if the proposed Keystone XL pipeline is not built.
- Fukushima Operator Hires California Company To Decontaminate Water
June 09 2014 9:50 AM
Tokyo Electric Power Co. has struggled to clean up toxic water after a 2011 earthquake damaged its nuclear power plant.