- High Levels Of Toxic Gas Ignored At Turkish Coal Mine
May 20 2014 7:52 AM
Officials arrested in relation to the accident will face charges of negligent death.
- 'We Had No Escape Plan'; Miners Say Turkish Officials Were Warned
May 19 2014 7:09 PM
Miners in Soma say they saw trouble brewing, but owners and officials ignored safety concerns.
- Rick Perry Tells Obama To Adopt Texan Energy Policy
May 19 2014 2:16 PM
The Texas governor wrote a letter to Obama, criticizing the president's energy strategy.
- Russian Energy Sought By Korea, India, Japan -- Not Just China
May 19 2014 11:57 AM
China is not the only country discussing oil and gas deals with Russia.
- All's Well Between China And Russia, Putin Says
May 19 2014 10:39 AM
With Western countries turning their backs on Russia, the country is eager to bolster ties with China.
- EU Seeks Alternative To Russian Gas; Turkey Vacillates Between East And West
May 19 2014 10:05 AM
As the EU looks for options to reduce its dependence on Russian gas, Turkey presents an uncertain option.
- Balkans Flooding Threatens Serbia Power Plants, 37 Dead
May 18 2014 7:55 PM
"The situation is catastrophic," Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said.
- Exxon Says It's Staying In Russian Project
May 16 2014 10:28 AM
A Russian newspaper reported that U.S. sanctions may force Exxon to leave Sakhalin, but Exxon says it has no such plans.
- Russia To Ukraine: Pay Up Or Forfeit Gas
May 16 2014 9:04 AM
“I would like to emphasize once again that we were forced to make this decision,” Putin said in a letter to European leaders.
- Exxon's Papua New Guinea LNG Ready To Ship, With Royalties Undecided
May 15 2014 3:27 PM
The $19 billion project is estimated to produce nearly 7 million tons of LNG per year for 30 years.
- Deadline Passes In Iran Nuclear Talks With UN
May 15 2014 2:18 PM
It's not known if Iran has complied on providing information about detonators that can be used for bombs.
- Pipeline Deal Shows Russia, Shunned By West, Courting China
May 15 2014 1:23 PM
Tapping Siberia's natural gas promises a win for both sides.
- Turks Mourn And March As Toll Rises In Mine
May 15 2014 10:18 AM
Unions call a one-day protest strike and demonstrations against the government spread across the country.
- California Hit By Wildfires And Oil Spill In Same Day
May 15 2014 8:45 AM
The governor has declared a state of emergency.
- Dow Chemical Blocks Inquiry Into Bhopal Disaster
May 15 2014 7:56 AM
In December 1984, deadly gas leaked from a pesticide plant in the Indian city making it one of the world's worst industrial disasters.
- Will Climate Change Cause Wars?
May 14 2014 6:12 PM
Less-stable infrastructures and greater demand for resources could be a “catalyst for conflict," according to a military report.
- Poor Working Conditions Continue To Plague Coal-Producing Developing Countries
May 14 2014 3:21 PM
Tuesday's deadly mine explosion in Turkey highlights the dangers in the coal industry.
- China-Russia Gas Pipeline Very Likely To Be Concluded
May 14 2014 2:59 PM
When President Putin visits Beijing next week, China and Russia are expected to cement their energy alliance with a new deal.
- Angry Protesters Force Turkish PM To Flee Mine Disaster Town
May 14 2014 1:14 PM
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was forced to take refuge in a shop in Soma as furious relatives besieged him.
- Chinese Preparing Base On Disputed Reef: Manila
May 13 2014 8:45 PM
The Chinese are shipping soil to the reef to enlarge it for an airstrip, Philippine and U.S. sources say.