- LNG Export Facilities Take To The Sea
November 01 2013 10:55 AM
A way to move natural gas onto the market is to liquefy it through onshore export facilities. But some companies aim to do that offshore.
- Talk About Harnessing The Sun
November 01 2013 9:16 AM
One of the world’s largest and most technologically advanced solar photovoltaic power plants is now commercially operational in California.
- More Oil And Gas For China, Please
October 31 2013 10:57 AM
Seven of the 10 biggest Chinese foreign mergers or acquisitions by the Chinese so far this year were in the energy sector.
- Why Turkey Is Building A Second Power Plant
October 30 2013 10:30 AM
Turkey relies heavily on oil and gas imports, and nuclear power is just one way to help diversify its energy mix.
- Great Barrier Reef In Danger From Energy Industry?
October 30 2013 9:26 AM
Australia is dealing with its own environmental concerns over its energy industry.
- Japanese Panel Weighs Breakup of Company Responsible for Fukushima Power Plant Cleanup
October 30 2013 8:44 AM
A government panel is considering three options, including creating a separate entity to oversee the cleanup effort.
- The History Of Natural Gas & Its Importance
October 29 2013 10:53 AM
Natural gas is viewed as a key energy resource that is cleaner than burning crude oil or coal.
- California's Manure-To-Energy Program
October 29 2013 5:54 AM
No bull: California cows produce 35 million tons of manure. What's California doing to reduce nitrate levels?
- Debt-Ridden Petrobras Nearing $2B Deal With CNPC To Sell Peru Assets
October 29 2013 4:53 AM
Petrobras, which will begin exploring a deep-water oil discovery off Brazil's coast, is trying to raise cash for its projects at home.
- Consol Energy Sells W.Va. Coal Mines For $3.5B
October 29 2013 2:19 AM
The sale of the mines comes amid the U.S. government’s attempts to impose limits on carbon emissions on power plants.
- Jordan To Get Own Nuclear Power Plant
October 28 2013 3:39 PM
Why does Jordan's Hashemite dynasty need nuclear power? Isn't there enough petroleum in the region?
- Iran Is Able To Get Its Oil Out, But How?
October 28 2013 9:07 AM
An Iranian crude tanker finds a clever way to get around sanctions and bring its cargo to the global market.
- A Little Sun Shines A Big Light In The Developing World
October 25 2013 2:09 PM
Replacing kerosene lamps with solar-powered ones could improve health in the developing world.
- US Rail Industry Is Banking On Fracking
October 25 2013 11:44 AM
An spike in petroleum shipping by rail, thanks to the fracking boom, has offset declines in other kinds of rail traffic.
- England's Surprising Energy Mix
October 25 2013 8:57 AM
Looking to cut its carbon footprint, England focuses on the benefits of its planned new nuclear power plant, the first in 20 years.
- Obama Tackles Global Warming And National Security In New Arctic Strategy
October 25 2013 6:11 AM
What is Obama's new national security strategy have to do with global warming?
- Emerging Market Slowdown Weighs On Caucasus And Central Asia
October 25 2013 4:44 AM
The energy sector-driven Central Asian nations are growing but it could be a while before they move closer to pre-2008 growth rates.
- Hors d'Oeuvres And Oversight: Do They Mix?
October 24 2013 9:20 AM
Does it matter if U.S. oil pipeline safety agency staffers spend more time at cushy corporate conferences than responding to pipeline incidents?
- How Is The US Producing So Much Energy?
October 24 2013 6:27 AM
The U.S. has surpassed Russia and even Saudi Arabia as the largest producer of hydrocarbons.
- US Pipeline Safety Workers Schmoozing Too Much: Environmentalists
October 23 2013 3:47 PM
Environmental group gets its hands on some interesting facts about the government agency charged with regulating U.S. pipelines.