- Projected Bumper Corn Crop Ups Ethanol In US Gas Mix
August 07 2013 10:43 AM
An expected record U.S. corn crop will put biofuel makers in an advantageous position -- one that should aid U.S. fuel supplies.
- Japan's Gov't To Aid Tepco In Fukushima Leak Containment
August 07 2013 1:10 AM
Japan's government will help Tepco contain radioactive water leak from the Fukushima nuclear power plant, including raising public funds.
- Odd Settlement Prevents Kids' Discussing Fracking
August 06 2013 11:48 AM
A couple settled with an energy company after claiming to be harmed by the companies fracking near their home.
- Even If Keystone Is Built, Plenty Of Business For Rail
August 06 2013 11:36 AM
The Keystone pipeline would focus on Canada-to-Gulf of Mexico transport - only a portion of the U.S. oil transportation system.
- China-Myanmar Pipeline Already Mired In Controversy
August 06 2013 10:34 AM
The project, which was just inaugurated in July, is criticized for benefiting China at the expense of Myanmar.
- Facing Shortfall In Energy Production, India Eyes US' LNG
August 06 2013 10:20 AM
Lacking the water that's needed to extract its own shale gas, India looks to import more liquid natural gas from the U.S.
- Fukushima Plant Leak Declared An 'Emergency'
August 06 2013 2:47 AM
Japan's nuclear watchdog says radioactive water leaking out of crippled Fukushima plant cannot be contained by Tepco alone.
- US Terror Alert May Include Warning Against Energy Infrastructure
August 05 2013 5:22 PM
The heightening of the terror alert for U.S. citizens in the Middle East and Africa has raised concerns over energy security as well.
- US Domestic Energy Companies Gets A Kick From Fracking And The Oil Boom
August 05 2013 11:45 AM
U.S. energy companies are outperforming major international energy companies from the U.S. oil boom.
- Canada, US Vie For Gas Export Projects
August 05 2013 11:01 AM
Giant energy companies are scrambling to export newfound North American natural gas from either Western Canada or the U.S. Gulf Coast.
- Euro Pacific Capital's Peter Schiff and Schneider Electric's Matt Smith Share Outlook On Gold And Energy
August 05 2013 9:57 AM
The CEO of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., Peter Schiff, and Commodity Analyst at Schneider Electric, Matt Smith, appeared on CNBC on Monday to discuss the outlook on gold and energy prices.
- Global Coal Price Slump Threatens Northern China’s Top Coal Counties
August 05 2013 6:14 AM
A credit crunch, fueled by a drop in coal prices, may plunge China's coal-producing regions into a financial crisis.
- Indian Energy Company Eyes US Shale-Gas Boom
August 02 2013 5:10 PM
Reliance Industries Ltd. is looking to invest more capital in U.S. shale gas.
- Colombia, Nicaragua May Spar Over Offshore Oil Exploration
August 02 2013 3:51 PM
Tensions between the cross-Caribbean neighbors increased after Nicaragua announced plans to explore oil offshore in disputed waters.
- Maritime Industry Banking On US Oil Boom
August 02 2013 1:27 PM
The maritime industry is profiting from the current U.S. oil boom as more tankers are needed to transport crude domestically.
- Thai-Vietnam Refinery Project Is An Uphill Battle
August 02 2013 10:10 AM
A Thai-Vietnam refinery project estimated to cost $27 billion faces many hurdles, an energy information provider said in a report.
- UK Energy Company Delayed For 9 Days Begins Drilling
August 02 2013 8:59 AM
After nine days of protests that delayed the inception of the project, Cuadrilla began drilling in West Essex.
- Cuba's Only Energy Resource Is Now The Sun
August 01 2013 10:35 PM
Cuba's first solar farm is located 190 miles east of Havana in the central province of Cienfuegos.
- How Many Pipelines Does It Take To Get To Keystone XL?
August 01 2013 11:11 AM
As the Keystone XL pipeline is delayed TransCanada looks east in moving its crude oil from Alberta.
- Turkey's Nuclear Plant: Coming Soon To A Theater Near You
August 01 2013 8:47 AM
Nuclear power remains in the mix for Turkey as it looks to diversify its energy supply.