- Shell May Be Liable For Nigerian Oil Spills
June 20 2014 8:44 PM
A court ruling opens up the possibility of Shell paying out 300 million pounds to the Bodo community in Nigeria.
- India Covertly Expanding Nuclear Weapons Capability
June 20 2014 3:33 PM
India is one of only four nations that hasn't signed an international nuclear cooperation treaty.
- Kurds Look For Oil Buyers As Tension With Iraq Increases
June 20 2014 11:39 AM
Turkey's energy minister said the Kurdish oil is "entirely legitimate."
- NATO Chief: Russia Backing Europe's Anti-Fracking Groups
June 20 2014 10:51 AM
The outgoing head of NATO claims Russian operatives are secretly behind the anti-fracking movement sweeping Europe.
- Bird Group Sues Over Federal Rule Allowing Eagle Deaths
June 20 2014 10:50 AM
The American Bird Conservancy has sued the Obama administration over a new federal rule that the group says could threaten vulnerable eagle populations.
- Coal Bigger Than Ever
June 20 2014 8:55 AM
The green revolution may be further off than we thought.
- India's Energy Import Bill Could Nearly Double In 10 Years: Report
June 20 2014 8:23 AM
Better use of its energy resources could help India shave billions of dollars from its energy bill, the report said.
- ISIS Attack On Baiji Refinery Puts Kurdistan On Edge
June 19 2014 5:23 PM
If the extremist group manages to hold on to Iraq's biggest refinery, it's trouble ahead for Kurdistan -- and for fuel prices.
- Major Louisiana Gas Project Wins Federal Approval
June 19 2014 4:31 PM
Federal energy regulators on Thursday voted to let Sempra Energy's major natural gas export project in Louisiana move forward.
- What Did Brazil's Billions Buy?
June 19 2014 2:44 PM
Brazil’s expensive World Cup stadiums have their problems, but they're the latest in green design.
- Higher Oil Prices, Gasoline Prices Won't Cause Major Economic Slowdown (Yet)
June 19 2014 1:10 PM
Global oil prices, currently around $114 per barrel, would have to pass $120 to sharply slow the world economy.
- Alaska, TransCanada Partner on Natural Gas 'Mega-Project'
June 19 2014 10:44 AM
Gov. Sean Parnell of Alaska says the state and TransCanada, the pipeline builder behind Keystone XL, will join in a huge liquefied natural gas project.
- Sunni Rebels Keep Hold Of Critical Iraq Refinery
June 19 2014 10:34 AM
Clashes continue at Iraq's largest oil refinery in Baiji, a day after insurgents from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) seized control of the facility.
- Oil Trading Soars On Bets Of Iraqi Disruption
June 19 2014 9:27 AM
Traders are betting that Iraq's oil production will fall and disrupt the market.
- India To Pay Iran $1.65B In Oil Dues
June 19 2014 7:11 AM
Economic sanctions, which had so far barred the use of normal banking channels for oil payments, have crippled Iran’s economy.
- Wall Street Eyes Booming 'Frac' Sand Market
June 18 2014 12:14 PM
U.S. oil and gas drillers are buying more 'frac' sand to drill deeper wells, and investors are reaping sky-high profits.
- Most Americans Back Obama's Climate Plan: Poll
June 18 2014 11:04 AM
A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll on Wednesday found that more than two-thirds of Americans support the Obama administration's proposal to slash emissions from power plants.
- Gazprom Exec Says China To Prepay $25B In Gas Deal
June 18 2014 9:29 AM
The Russian gas giant says the upfront money in the $400 billion deal will help build the "Power of Siberia" pipeline.
- Companies, Governments Evacuating Expats In Iraq
June 18 2014 9:25 AM
The terrorist group ISIS has been attacking towns along a major highway in Iraq since June 10, approaching the capital.
- China, UK Sign Deals Worth More Than $23B
June 18 2014 2:29 AM
Trade between China and UK, which is the former's third-largest trading partner in Europe, was estimated at $70 billion last year.