- Europe Facing Power Crisis As Utilities Choose Coal Over Gas
June 04 2014 2:18 PM
A recent report from the International Center for National Gas Information highlights risks to European energy security.
- Tesla Will Name Battery 'Gigafactory' Site By End Of Year
June 04 2014 10:52 AM
The factory could cost as much as $5 billion to build, employ up to 6,500 people in three states and cut battery costs by 30 percent.
- Nuclear Safety Officials To Testify On Post-Fukushima Response
June 04 2014 9:56 AM
The U.S. Senate environment committee is holding an oversight hearing Wednesday on how the NRC has responded to Fukushima.
- Yet Another Coal Mine Accident In China Claims 22 Lives
June 04 2014 4:10 AM
More than 100 people have been killed in mining accidents in China since the beginning of 2014.
- Senate Bill Aims to Stop EPA Carbon Rules
June 03 2014 3:21 PM
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) introduced a bill on Tuesday that attempts to keep the EPA's latest power plant rules from taking hold.
- Coal-State Lawmakers Blast Proposed EPA Carbon Rules
June 03 2014 1:47 PM
Governors and policymakers in coal-reliant states have come out swinging against the Obama administration's latest climate proposal.
- Russia May Not Be At G-7, But Its Energy Issues Will Be
June 03 2014 1:25 PM
The G-7 countries are expected to discuss a balance of diverse energy sources and climate change policy.
- World Needs To Invest $50T to Meet Energy Needs: IEA
June 03 2014 10:57 AM
The energy agency says that massive investments are required through 2035 to meet the world's growing energy needs.
- Uganda Strikes Oil, Tells Suitors To Start Lining Up
June 03 2014 10:33 AM
The African country plans to license more than a dozen oil exploration areas and attract major international oil companies.
- Like US, China Could Also Limit CO2 Emissions
June 03 2014 10:30 AM
A senior Chinese adviser said the country could cap its CO2 emissions, one day after the US unveiled a proposed cut in gases from power plants.
- EPA's Carbon Emission Plan Likely To Accelerate Energy Shift
June 02 2014 4:46 PM
The Obama administration's landmark proposal to shift from coal plants toward natural gas, nuclear and renewables is workable, experts say.
- Coal, Utility Stocks Yawn At EPA Proposal To Slash Power Plant Emissions
June 02 2014 3:27 PM
The EPA's rule, announced Monday, aims to reduce power plants' carbon dioxide emissions by 30 percent by 2030 to slow global warming.
- Marathon's Norway Deal Signals Pullback On North Sea Operation In Favor Of US Production
June 02 2014 8:33 AM
Norwegian oil company Det Norske Oljeselskap bought the Houston-based company's North Sea operations.
- Russian Gas Supply Cutoff To Ukraine Looms
June 01 2014 11:32 PM
It's unclear whether a $786 million payment on Ukraine's $5.2 billion natural gas debt to Russia will stave off a cutoff of supplies.
- New CO2 Emissions Rule Expected Monday
June 01 2014 4:38 PM
Coal-fired power plants expected to be the hardest hit by new regulations.
- Obama Administration To Unveil Carbon Pollution Limits
May 30 2014 4:04 PM
The proposed rules, the first ever for existing power plants, are expected to trigger a massive clash between industry and environmentalists.
- Ukraine Pays 20 Percent Of Gas Bill To Russia
May 30 2014 2:30 PM
Energy ministers from Ukraine, Russia and the EU met in Berlin today to discuss Ukraine's gas bill.
- Russia To Ukraine: Pay At The Pump
May 30 2014 8:54 AM
The Kremlin has threatened to shut off gas supplies to Ukraine if the former Soviet republic doesn't pre-pay for gas by Monday.
- Exporting Oil Would Lower US Gas Prices, Says Oil And Gas Lobby
May 29 2014 2:54 PM
A new analysis estimates that lifting an oil export ban would add hundreds of millions of dollars in activity to many state economies.
- Japan To Build Underground Ice Wall Around Fukushima
May 29 2014 10:31 AM
The $314 million Fukushima ice wall project will begin construction in June.