- A Glut Of Oil, But Prices Hang
December 02 2013 10:16 AM
Geopolitics could trump supply-and-demand fundamentals in determining the price of crude oil.
- Keystone Or Not, Canada Is Getting Its Oil Out
November 29 2013 2:17 PM
Delays in the approval of Keystone XL have led Canada to find other means of moving its crude to market.
- Typhoons Spreading Fukushima Radiation
November 29 2013 11:53 AM
Two years after the nuclear power plant was destroyed, radioactive material continues to leak from the site.
- Could A Solar Panel Belt Around The Moon Solve Earth’s Energy Problems?
November 29 2013 5:33 AM
A Japanese construction company has proposed a “lunar solar power generation concept” for inexhaustible, clean energy.
- Carbon Trading Kicks Off In Beijing
November 28 2013 6:12 AM
During Thursday’s trading, emissions allowance fetched 50 yuan ($8.2) a permit, which represents one ton of carbon dioxide.
- Why Did Obama Approve A Pipeline But Not Keystone?
November 27 2013 1:17 PM
How a new pipeline approved by Obama will help Canadian oil producers extract more tar sands.
- YPF Shares Spike Following Agreement With Repsol
November 27 2013 10:43 AM
The compensation agreement is not yet finalized, but YPF is already seeing benefits.
- Are Mass Market Hydrogen Fuel Cells Up Ahead?
November 27 2013 10:04 AM
Major automakers are committed to rolling out hydrogen-powered cars well before the end of the decade. Good luck with that.
- How Global Warming Is Dictating US Defense Strategy In The Arctic
November 27 2013 9:59 AM
What does climate change have to do with Obama's national security strategy?
- Blast Near India’s Controversial Kudankulam Nuclear Plant Kills 6
November 27 2013 3:05 AM
India’s home ministry said a bomb went off “accidentally,” even as authorities examine possible involvement of the facility’s opponents.
- PetroChina Receives Notice Of Investigation From US District Court
November 26 2013 11:33 AM
A PetroChina shareholder filed a complaint with a US court over the energy company's suspicion of violating U.S. security regulations.
- New Study Suggests Curbing Emissions Won't Stop Global Warming
November 26 2013 11:22 AM
Is curbing carbon emissions the real way to fight climate change? New research finds that even if you halt emissions the earth will continue to warm.
- How The Iran Nuclear Deal May Affect Currencies, Commodities
November 26 2013 8:27 AM
Oil prices were initially pushed lower, but they quickly recovered after details of the U.S.-Iran nuclear pact were announced.
- Keystone's Evil Twin? Maybe ... To Environmentalists
November 26 2013 6:27 AM
Is this project 'one small step for Enbridge, one giant step for TransCanada'?
- Oil Prices Falling Following Iran Nuclear Deal
November 25 2013 11:16 AM
After several weeks of negotiation, the U.S. and international partners agreed to a deal with Iran that would loosen sanctions, bringing oil prices down.
- OSHA Probes Wyoming Gas Field Explosion That Hurt 5 Workers
November 23 2013 4:00 PM
A Wyoming explosion at a gas field near Pinedale on Friday injured five people. What caused the massive tank explosion?
- A Keystone XL Angle You've Never Heard
November 22 2013 2:09 PM
The debate over the controversial pipeline project, which has taken center stage in the U.S. and Canada, is actually more nuanced than you think.
- Columbia University Energy Daylong Discussion
November 22 2013 10:50 AM
Columbia University Center on Global Energy Policy kicked off the 9th annual Columbia University Energy Symposium, titled, Future Now: Energy Progress in the 21st Century.
- Diesel Demand Down; US Economy Slowing?
November 21 2013 3:01 PM
API's chief economist raised a small warning flag about the possibility that the nation's economy may be slowing.
- What You Need To Know About Keystone XL Status
November 21 2013 12:42 PM
The cross-border Keystone XL project has been delayed again. When will the pipeline, if approved, finally be operational?