- Would Putin's Russia Fall If Oil Drops To $60?
January 22 2014 12:45 PM
Brent crude is currently trading at $107 per barrel and has traded in a $100-$114 range since last April.
- Can Rouhani Win Over Global Oil Executives At Davos?
January 22 2014 12:02 PM
An upgrade of Iran's petroleum infrastructure would increase the value of the nation's oil assets.
- Why The Sea May Become Scotland's Postmodern Power Source
January 22 2014 10:54 AM
Scotland is known for its wind turbines, but tidal turbines beckon. Is this the future of its renewable energy program?
- Amid US Oil Production Boom, Group Wants Public Policy Change
January 21 2014 10:20 AM
The boom in U.S. oil demand indicates an economic recovery.
- General Electric - Talk About A Global Footprint
January 17 2014 12:06 PM
The company is considered a bellwether for the U.S. and global economy. Here's why.
- The Quest To Make US Oil-By-Rail Shipments Safer
January 17 2014 11:23 AM
Recent oil-by-rail explosions caused by derailments have made local officials nervous about increased oil shipments passing through their towns.
- Royal Dutch Shell: Here's The Bad News
January 17 2014 9:59 AM
Royal Dutch Shell, Europe's largest oil company, cautioned investors that it will miss its fourth-quarter earnings forecast.
- What Maps Show Regarding Weather Patterns Across US
January 17 2014 6:23 AM
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's latest maps detail current soil moisture conditions.
- Shares Of Solar City, Founded By Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Are Rising After Deutsche Banks Tells Clients To Buy
January 16 2014 2:34 PM
Shares of tech wunderkind Elon Musk's SolarCity are rallying after Deutsche Bank gives the stock a thumbs up.
- The Reason Britain Is Ramping Up Nuclear Power
January 16 2014 5:24 AM
Three years after Fukushima, England continues to advance its nuclear energy program with three plants in progress.
- How Do They Clean Up Chemical Spills In Rivers, Anyway?
January 15 2014 3:21 PM
Officials are scrambling to respond to a little-known chemical that has contaminated West Virginia's Elk River.
- Regardless Of Increased Oil Production, US Needs Robust Energy Security Policy
January 15 2014 3:08 PM
U.S. oil production alone may not be the only solution to the country's energy security.
- Regarding China's Renewable Energy Policy...
January 15 2014 11:15 AM
Is China doing anything to reduce its carbon emissions from coal-fired power plants?
- US Energy Sector - On The Verge Of Another Miracle?
January 15 2014 11:03 AM
The projected growth of the U.S. energy sector has to be seen to be believed, so see it here.
- Arctic Oil Production May Soon Be Totally Underwater
January 15 2014 9:37 AM
Subsea technology may allow oil companies to exploit Arctic reserves, but many unknowns persist.
- Fukushima Nuclear Plant Operator Gets Japan Gov't OK For Corporate Overhaul
January 15 2014 7:37 AM
The Japanese government approved a plan that Fukushima plant operator hopes will revive company finances.
- Coal Use May Be Down, But Not For These States
January 15 2014 6:35 AM
The U.S. is reducing carbon emissions and coal-fired power plants are being phased out, yet many states continue to be net coal importers.
- Georgia And Coal: Is The Love Affair Ending?
January 14 2014 3:32 PM
Georgia ranks third among 37 states for money spent on net coal imports, but that may soon decline.
- US Retail Sales: Decent December
January 14 2014 10:31 AM
The latest retail report shows a U.S. economy continuing to grow faster than expected.
- Can A Drone Find Oil Under The Sea?
January 14 2014 10:24 AM
Talk about the future appearing before your eyes: Drones can give oil companies a better idea where to drill. Here's how.