- Pre-Market NASDAQ Movers (URBN, DMND, NFLX, ARNA, DRYS, CLWR, SQQQ, AMZN)
December 13 2011 8:34 AM
The top pre-market NASDAQ stock market gainers are: Urban Outfitters, Diamond Foods, Netflix, Arena Pharma, DryShips and Clearwire. The top pre-market NASDAQ stock market losers are: ProShares UltraPro Short and Amazon.
- Post-Market NASDAQ Movers (SABA, URBN, SKUL, CY, AVNR, ATML, LQDT, PRCP, DMND, BMRN)
December 13 2011 2:58 AM
The top after-market NASDAQ gainers are: Saba Software, Urban Outfitters, Skullcandy, Cypress Semiconductor, Avanir Pharma and Atmel Corp. The top after-market NASDAQ losers are: Liquidity Services, Perceptron, Diamond Foods and BioMarin Pharma.
- Bayer CEO Eyes Falling Margins in Drugs, Plastics
December 12 2011 9:12 AM
Bayer expects to see falling profit margins in drugs and plastics as the euro debt crisis sends tremors through economy, chief executive Marijn Dekkers told a German newspaper.
- Pre-Market NASDAQ Movers (ENDP, BPAX, ARIA, ONXX, DMND, NUAN, ASML, CSCO)
December 12 2011 8:34 AM
The top pre-market NASDAQ stock market gainers are: Endo Pharmaceuticals, Biosante Pharmaceuticals, Ariad Phamaceuticals. The top pre-market NASDAQ stock market losers are: Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Diamond Foods, Nuance Communications, ASML Holding, Cisco Systems.
- IBM Unveils Advanced Analytics Software Tools While Donating Chemical Database to NIH
December 08 2011 3:00 PM
IBM, the No. 2 U.S. computer company, unveiled an advanced analytical software and services tool that used its powerful Watson supercomputer.
- Supreme Court Considers Patent Covering Personalized Drug Treatment
December 08 2011 10:41 AM
Mayo Clinic and Nestle-owned Prometheus Laboratories took their patent battle to the U.S. Supreme Court Wednesday.
- Final MLR Rule Will Help Health Insurers Avoid Taxes
December 05 2011 6:22 AM
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued its final rule on the minimum Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) regulation, including relatively minor technical adjustments and preserving the spirit of the regulation by requiring health plans to spend 80 to 85 percent of premiums on medical costs.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals Upgraded at Wedbush Securities
December 02 2011 8:09 AM
Wedbush Securities upgraded its rating on shares of Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANTH) to outperform from neutral based on valuation. The brokerage raised its fair value estimate to $8 from $7.
- Sanofi Discontinues Selling Authorized Generic Version of Lovenox
December 02 2011 6:26 AM
Sanofi SA (NYSE: SNY) said in a letter sent to customers dated Nov. 30 that it has discontinued selling the Authorized Generic version of Lovenox (Enoxaparin).
- India's Ranbaxy Launches Lipitor Generic in U.S., Shares Surge 11 Percent
December 01 2011 10:10 AM
Ranbaxy Laboratories said on Thursday it has launched the first generic version of the cholesterol-lowering Lipitor in the U.S., the largest selling drug of all time, sending its shares surging over 11 percent.
- Horse Slaughtering Debate Ignited as Congress Lifts Ban to Clear Way for Slaughterhouses
November 30 2011 7:31 PM
Horse meat may soon be brought back to the table in the United States, as horse slaughterhouses will be revived under an obscure inclusion in a recent appropriations bill.
- 'Shocked' Chief of Swiss Drug Maker Demands Nebraska Return Lethal Injection Drug
November 30 2011 12:23 PM
The CEO of Swiss pharmaceutical company Naari AG said its sodium thiopental was never intended for a U.S. market or lethal injections.
- NASDAQ 52-Week High Stocks on Tuesday (HAIN, PCYC, NTK, MGAM, MAGS, LARK, INHX, HITK, HALO, AKRX, ANCX)
November 30 2011 6:12 AM
Following are the stocks trading on Nasdaq that touched 52-week highs on Nov. 29. The new 52-week high indicates a stock is trading at its highest price in the past 52 weeks. This is an important indicator for many investors in determining the current value of a stock or predicting a trend in a stock's performance. One popular strategy employed by stock traders is to purchase companies hitting new highs.
- BioMarin Pharma Long-Term Growth Strengthened with Plant Expansion Approval: Analyst
November 29 2011 10:16 AM
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ: BMRN) has received the anticipated FDA approval for expansion of the manufacturing facility in Novato, California. Wedbush Securities believes that with this approval, the company's long-term growth will be strengthened.
- Pfizer Offers Deals to Keep Lipitor Users as Patent Expires
November 29 2011 6:35 AM
Pfizer Inc. will see the end of a hugely lucrative era on Wednesday, Nov. 30, when its two-decade old patent for Lipitor, a hugely popular drug for cholesterol management, expires.
- Supreme Court to Consider Overtime Pay for Drug Reps
November 28 2011 12:29 PM
The U.S. Supreme Court will review an overtime pay case from a nationwide class of GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical sales representatives.
- Optum Likely to Drive UnitedHealth's 2012 Growth: Analyst
November 23 2011 10:01 AM
Wedbush Securities said UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE: UNH) expects earnings growth in 2012 but flat or declining Commercial and Medicaid earnings; this implies strong Optum and Medicare Advantage growth will drive 2012 earnings growth.
- Cigna: Undervalued Stock with Multiple Growth Drivers
November 23 2011 6:34 AM
Cigna Corp. (NYSE:CI), which recently received antitrust clearances for its $4 billion acquisition of HealthSpring, Inc. (NYSE:HS), has now three distinctive growth drivers for 2012-2013.
- Dow Plunges More Than 300 on Intensifying U.S.-Europe Debt Fears
November 21 2011 12:35 PM
Financial-related issues are taking the worst beating in the session.
- Gilead to Buy Biotech Firm Pharmasset for $11 Billion
November 21 2011 9:32 AM
Gilead Sciences Inc struck a deal to buy Pharmasset Inc for about $11 billion in a huge bet on hepatitis C treatments to diversify its portfolio.