- Eli Lilly Earnings Fall 5% to $1.24 Billion on Higher Expenses
October 20 2011 9:57 AM
The drug maker recorded strong revenue but warned that pending availability of generics will hit at sales of Zyprexa, Cymbalta and Evista, which together accounted for 41 percent of third-quarter sales.
- Adderall shortage sets New York abuzz
October 19 2011 4:54 PM
Adderall is becoming hard to find in New York City.
- Abbott Laboratories to Split Into Two Companies
October 19 2011 2:31 PM
The Chicago-based company will keep its diversified medical products division under the Abbott name and spin off its research-based pharmaceuticals unit.
- Johnson & Johnson Q3 Earnings Slip 6.3% to $3.2 Billion
October 18 2011 10:28 AM
Johnson & Johnson's third quarter net earnings slide 6.3 percent from the prior-year period to $3.2 billion even as sales rose 6.8 percent to total $16 billion.
- Reliance Industries to sign deal with Disney's UTV - report
October 10 2011 3:59 AM
Reliance Industries, India's largest listed firm, is set to sign a deal with the Indian unit of Walt Disney, to acquire content for its telecom operations, the Financial Times said.
- FDA Approves Combination Drug For Diabetes, High Cholesterol
October 07 2011 2:59 PM
The FDA has approved a combination drug for diabetes and high cholesterol.
- IBM’s Watson Fellow: ‘Jeopardy’ Strategy Wasn’t Just a Game but Template for Future Computing
October 07 2011 2:58 PM
IBM’s Watson supercomputer’s “Jeopardy” championship should only be the start of many new commercial opportunities, the company’s VP for Emerging Technologies said.
- Apple and Al Gore: Why Are Celebrities Put on Corporate Boards?
September 26 2011 10:34 AM
Many celebrities, including politicians, actors, musicians and even athletes have been named to corporate boards over the decades.
- WellPoint to IBM: ‘Watson, Come Here’ to Handle Medical Data
September 19 2011 3:08 PM
For IBM’s Watson supercomputer, there’s more than being a champion at “Jeopardy.” Early in 2012, medical professionals at WellPoint expect to tap its computer brain to serve 34 million subscribers.
- Obesity Pill Manufacturers to Take Another Shot at FDA Approval for Contrave, Lorqess, Qnexa
September 16 2011 4:33 PM
Three companies will ask FDA to approve their obesity pills.
- S.Africa's Aspen earmarks $800 mln for M&A
September 13 2011 2:06 PM
South Africa's Aspen Pharmacare could spend some $800 million on acquisitions, its deputy CEO said, as Africa's biggest generic drugs maker looks for further targets, particularly in Latin America.
- WellPoint's New Hire: IBM Watson Technology Plays 'Doctor'
September 12 2011 10:13 AM
WellPoint Inc, a U.S. health insurer, and International Business Machines (IBM) have agreed to use IBM's Watson technology to help physicians identify best treatment options.
- Johnson & Johnson's Xarelto Delay Likely: Analyst
September 12 2011 9:51 AM
Despite the FDA advisory panel's backing, RBC Capital Markets does not believe Johnson & Johnson's (NYSE: JNJ) Xarelto is well positioned to receive marketing approval on Nov. 5.
- Flu Shots For Adults Who Are Afraid of Needles
September 06 2011 10:10 PM
New flu shot needle is smaller than the standard size.
- Black Researchers, Scientists Receive Less Grant Money: Study
August 19 2011 3:17 PM
Whites are more likely to receive medical research funding.
- Burger King Dethrones ‘The King,’ Switches Up Ad Campaign
August 19 2011 2:36 PM
Long live 'The King!' Burger King has dethroned its mascot 'The King,' in an effort to switch up its ad campaign which will focus more on the food and its preparation from fresh ingredients, according to a Burger King spokesperson.
- MAP Pharma Levadex Patent Protection Strengthened: Analyst
August 12 2011 10:05 AM
MAP Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: MAPP) announced the issuance of a U.S. patent which extends Levadex intellectual property protection to 2028.
- Pharmaceutical Giant Merck to Cut Nearly 12,000 Jobs
July 29 2011 8:17 AM
The job cuts will result in annual cost savings of up to $4.6 billion by the end of 2015.
- McDonald's Happy Meals get apples and fewer fries
July 26 2011 1:38 PM
McDonald's Corp said on Tuesday it will soon tweak its children's Happy Meals, reducing the french fry portion by more than half and automatically adding apples to the popular meals, after coming under pressure from consumer groups to provide healthier fare.
- Maker of Penis-Enlargement Pill 'ExtenZe' Forced to Settle Lawsuit
July 22 2011 2:01 PM
The maker of ExtenZe, known for its late-night penis-enlargement commercials, has agreed to pay $1.75 million in penalties to settle an unfair business settlement.