- Jeffrey MacDonald Murder Case To Start New Trial Monday, Ex-Army Captain Maintains His Innocence 33 Years Later
September 17 2012 9:50 AM
Jeffrey MacDonald, the man convicted in the 1970 murder of his pregnant wife and two daughters, is getting another shot at innocence on Monday.
- Malware Infects PCs Even Before They Reach Retail Shops, Says Microsoft Study (VIDEO)
September 16 2012 6:22 AM
A new study conducted by Microsoft dubbed Operation b70, from Aug. 2011, shows that several computers carry malware installed in the factory, BBC News reported.
- Michael Eugene Brewster, Alleged 'Bucket List Bandit,' Captured In Oklahoma City [PHOTO]
September 14 2012 11:29 AM
Multiple news outlets are reporting that authorities have captured a suspect dubbed the "Bucket List Bandit." The bandit is believed to be responsible for bank robberies in nine states and has been arrested in Oklahoma City.
- Judge Nixes New Powers For US Government To Indefinitely Detain Terror Suspects
September 13 2012 2:54 PM
A judge backs plaintiffs who said the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 could lead to their being indefinitely detained, dealing a blow to the Obama administration.
- Facebook, Wal-Mart, Walt Disney Face Fresh Patent Suits From University Of California
September 13 2012 5:02 AM
Facebook Inc. (FB), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) and Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) face fresh patent suits from a University of California patent licensee, which sued some of the biggest U.S. companies previously, Reuters reported.
- Shania Gray Body Found, Franklin Davis Charged In Murder Of 16-Year-Old Texas Teen [PHOTO]
September 11 2012 9:20 AM
Franklin Davis has been charged with the capital murder of 16-year-old Shania Gray. The Texas teen's body was discovered Saturday at about 4:30 p.m. in the Trinity River in Irving, Texas. Carrollton Police Department officials report that Davis told officers he killed Gray shortly after picking her up from school on Thursday, Sept. 6.
- African Elephant, White Rhino Conservation Efforts Continue, More Help Needed
September 10 2012 5:01 AM
The late South African conservationist Lawrence Anthony, who earned the reputation of calming distressed, wild elephants near his home in Zululand, South Africa, has inspired others including companies to pursue the uneasy path towards life preservation and ecological balance.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Update: Chinese Company Uses Leaked Photos Of iPhone 5 To Patent Design, Releases Knockoff GooPhone I5 (VIDEO)
September 09 2012 6:29 AM
Even before Apple (AAPL) could unveil its next-generation iPhone, the Chinese seem to be in a tearing hurry as a company by name GooPhone has released a new phone GooPhone I5 that bears strong resemblances to leaked images of the next-generation iPhone, often referred to as iPhone 5.
- Highway 680 Shooting Suspect's Car Found; 35-Year-Old Daisi Garcia Wanted For Walnut Creek Incident
September 04 2012 4:53 PM
California Highway Patrol Officers have located the vehicle believed to be connected to the shooting of a CHP officer on Interstate 680 in Alamo Tuesday. Reports indicate that one of the two suspects is still at-large.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 August Sales Surpassed iPhone 4S, Analyst Notes
September 04 2012 2:42 PM
Sales of the Galaxy S3 from Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930)in August surpassed those for the I Phone 4S in the U.S. for the first time, said analyst T. Michael Walkley, of Cannacord Genuity.
- Report: Equity Firms, Including Bain, Probed For Turning Fees Into Funds To Lower Tax Burdens
September 02 2012 1:50 PM
The country's largest private equity firms are being investigated on suspicion of finagling themselves out of paying taxes by turning fees into fund investments.
- Quebec Maple Syrup Producers Robbed, $30 Million Worth Of Maple Syrup Stolen From Company Warehouse
August 31 2012 11:28 AM
A reported $30 million worth of maple syrup was stolen out of a Quebec warehouse last week, according to the Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers.
- New Jersey Shooting At Old Bridge Pathmark, Alleged Gunman Identified As Former Marine [PHOTO]
August 31 2012 10:05 AM
Three people are dead after a 23-year-old gunman opened fire inside a Pathmark grocery store in Old Bridge, N.J., on Friday.
- Kim Kardashian Ends Legal Feud Over ‘Fake Kim Kardashian’
August 29 2012 5:46 PM
Kim Kardashian has settled a $20 million lawsuit against the clothing retailer Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) over an Old Navy
- Isabella Tennant Murder Suspect, 16-Year-Old John Freeman, Charged With Killing 5-Year-Old Girl [PHOTO]
August 28 2012 11:27 AM
Sixteen-year-old John Freeman has been arrested and charged in the murder of 5-year-old Isabella Tennant. Tennant's body was found stuffed inside a garbage can just two streets away from her great-grandmother's Niagara Falls home, where Freeman was reportedly the last known person to be seen playing with the little girl from New York.
- Robert Gladden, 15-Year-Old Alleged Suspect In Perry Hall Shooting, Being Charged As Adult [PHOTO]
August 28 2012 10:11 AM
Robert Gladden is the alleged gunman responsible for a shooting at Perry Hall High School in Baltimore, Maryland on Monday. Gladden, 15, left one victim in critical condition after he entered the school cafeteria around 10:45 a.m. and fired two gunshots.
- Pirates Hijack Greek Oil Tanker in Gulf of Guinea, 24 Sailors Kidnapped Off Ship
August 28 2012 8:42 AM
Pirates attacked an oil tanker off the coast of Togo, taking control of its bridge and kidnapping 24 sailors before escaping amidst gunfire with a naval patrol boat on Tuesday.
- Lilly Wins Court Battle To Exclusively Sell Chemo Drug
August 24 2012 2:58 PM
The drug inhibits cancer-cell growth and is approved in the U.S. for use in treating mesothelioma, caused largely by asbestos exposure, and non-small cell lung cancer cause primarily from smoking cigarettes.
- Kristine Bunch, Indiana Arson Offender, Released 16 Years After Fire Kills 3-Year-Old Son [PHOTO]
August 23 2012 9:48 AM
After a 16-year prison stint for the 1995 arson murder that killed her 3-year-old son, Kristine Bunch was granted $5,000 cash bail at the suggestion of prosecutors.
- Floyd Lee Corkins Associated With The Southern Poverty Law Center? Family Research Council Points Finger At SPLC
August 17 2012 2:55 PM
While details have emerged about Floyd Lee Corkins, the man who opened fire on a security guard Wednesday at the Family Research Council headquarters, officials are debating on who the finger of blame should point to.