- Madonna Sued By Russian Activists For ‘Promoting Homosexuality’
August 17 2012 12:43 PM
Madonna is being sued for $10 million by the Trade Union of Russian Citizens -- a pro-Kremlin activist organization -- for "damaging the cultural foundations of St. Petersburg," according to the Russian website RT.com.
- Catherine Bosley: Newswoman Wins Appeal Against Hustler In Copyright Suit
August 17 2012 2:54 AM
Catherine Bosley, an Ohio TV newswoman, won a lawsuit against Hustler over publication of a picture showing her naked in a wet T-shirt contest.
- Louisiana Shooting: Two Police Officers Killed, Two Other Officers Wounded In LaPlace Parking Lot Ambush
August 16 2012 9:45 AM
Multiple news outlets are reporting a Louisiana shooting on Thursday morning. According to reports two police officers were killed and two others were wounded in what state police are calling an ambush.
- Betty Smithey, 1963 Murder Case Convict, Released After 49 Year Sentence; Nation's Longest Serving Female Inmate [PHOTO]
August 15 2012 8:29 AM
Betty Smithey has spent the last 49 years locked up in the Arizona State Prison Complex in Perryville, Ariz. The almost 50 year stint makes Smithey the nation's longest serving female inmate. But on Tuesday, the 69-year-old who was convicted the 1963 New Year's Day murder of Sandy Gerberick, woke up a free woman.
- Should Women-Only Cities Be Encouraged In A Patriarchal Society? How Saudi Arabia Can Encourage Women To Join The Mainstream
August 14 2012 4:25 AM
Saudi Arabia's purported women-only cities though appear as a welcome move to boost employment among fairer sex, actually spark off an intense debate on disparity and segregation.
- Texas A&M Shooting: Three People, Including Shooter, Confirmed Dead Near Campus In College Station
August 13 2012 3:46 PM
Two officers shot during an incident on Fidelity Street in College Station have died.
- Texas A&M Shooting: 'Multiple People,' Including Law Enforcement Officers, Shot Near University
August 13 2012 2:33 PM
Police have taken into custody a gunman they believe to be responsible for an "active shooting" at or near Texas A&M University where "multiple people" were shot , the school said on its website.
- Na Cola Darcel Franklin Allegedly Kills Fiancé Billy Rafeal Brewster Hours Before Their Wedding
August 13 2012 9:59 AM
Na Cola Darcel Franklin, of eastern Pennsylvania, is being accused of killing her fiancé, just hours before they were set to get married, authorities said.
- Na Cola Darcel Franklin: Bride-To-Be Held For Accidentally Stabbing Fiancé To Death Hours Before Marriage
August 13 2012 2:20 AM
In a freak incident, bride-to-be Na Cola Darcel Franklin, 31, inadvertently stabbed her fiancé twice in the heart a few hours before they were about to tie the knot.
- Video Of MaryAnn Sahoury Breastfeeding Used As Pornography After 35-Year-Old Found Clip On Adult Website
August 10 2012 11:50 AM
MaryAnn Sahoury of New Jersey has filed suit against an Iowa production company after an instructional breast-feeding video she appeared in was taken by a third party and used to create pornography.
- Father Accused Of Allegedly Waterboarding 11-Year-Old Daughter, Melvin Morse Arrested And Charged With Endangerment [PHOTO]
August 09 2012 10:08 AM
Melvin Morse of Georgetown, Delaware has been detained and charged with reckless endangerment for allegedly waterboarding his young daughter while the girl's mother watched.
- Apple’s $350M AuthenTec Deal Could Trigger Samsung Counteroffer
August 07 2012 3:38 PM
Nearly two weeks after AuthenTec Inc. (Nasdaq: AUTH) advised the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission it had agreed to be acquired by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, for $350 million, Apple still hasn’t made an announcement nor filed its own SEC report.
- Sikh Temple Killer's Mother Apologizes To Wisconsin Shooting Victims
August 07 2012 2:36 AM
Laura Lynn, the mother of former soldier Wade Michael Page, who shot dead six people and injured three at a Sikh Temple on Sunday, expressed her anguish over how her "precious little boy" had turned into a killer and apologized to the victims of the Wisconsin temple shooting.
- Remember ‘Three’s Company’? The Anodyne Sitcom's Stage Parody Is Somehow At The Center Of A Battle Over Fair Use
August 04 2012 2:11 PM
On opening night, producers of "3C" received a cease-and-desist letter from Kenyon & Kenyon, the law firm representing DLT Entertainment, the distribution company for the popular 1977-1984 ABC sitcom "Three's Company." Charging that playwright David Adjmi had infringed on its copyright, DLT demanded that the playwright cease further performances.
- Apple v Samsung Case: Can A Product Be Too 'Apple-ish'?
August 02 2012 6:40 AM
It may be hard to encapsulate in words, but consumers know when they're looking at something in a product that Apple did first.
- Drew Peterson Trial Begins Tuesday, Jury To Hear Opening Statements In Murder Case Against Former Illinois Police Officer
July 31 2012 11:09 AM
Tuesday July 31, eight and a half years after his third wife was found dead in a bathtub, the murder trial of former Chicago-area police officer Drew Peterson is set to begin with opening statements. Peterson, 58, is accused in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
- Ashley Moser, Colorado Shooting Victim, Suffers Miscarriage After Losing 6-Year-Old Daughter Veronica Moser In 'Dark Knight Rises' Massacre
July 30 2012 4:42 PM
Just one week after losing her 6-year-old daughter Veronica in the Colorado shooting, Ashley Moser has suffered another tremendous loss. She has suffered a miscarriage, reportedly a result of injuries sustained during the shooting.
- Samsung Supplier Bought By Apple As Court Date Looms
July 27 2012 4:07 PM
If Apple and Samsung were people instead of corporations they would get along about as well as the Hatfields and McCoys. That is to say they'd probably take up arms against each other.
- Neil Edwin Prescott Arrested By Maryland Police, Authorities Detain Man Who Said 'I Am The Real Joker,' Guns Recovered In Apartment [PHOTO]
July 27 2012 4:03 PM
Prince George's County police have arrested Neil Edwin Prescott after he allegedly made threats and referred to himself as the Joker this week. According to police, they arrested Prescott and recovered numerous guns from a home Thursday night. Julie Parker, a spokeswoman for the Prince George's County police, told NBC News Friday that authorities had "thwarted a terrorist threat."
- Dottie Sandusky Statement: 'I Love My Husband, He's Not Who They Say He Is,' Says Former Penn State Coach's Wife [PHOTO]
July 27 2012 1:04 PM
On June 22, 2012, Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of the 48 charges of sexual abuse of young boys over a 15-year period. Despite the fore mentioned facts, Dottie Sandusky, the former Penn State football coach's wife, says she still loves her husband.