- Skechers Shape-ups Ads Push Sketchy Claims: FTC
May 16 2012 1:31 PM
The Federal Trade Commission Wednesday announced a $40 million settlement with Skechers over claims made in advertisements for their Shape-up leg toning shoes.
- Who Is Emanuela Orlandi? Vatican Case Intensifies As Police Investigate 1983 Disappearence Of Teenager
May 14 2012 5:24 PM
Emanuela Orlandi mysteriously disappeared on June 22, 1983. While in her second year at a scientific high school in Rome, Orlandie vanished after leaving her family's Vatican City apartment to go to a music lesson in Rome
- Technology Focus: Will The Good Guys Win At Yahoo?
May 13 2012 9:36 AM
For months, Yahoo has been in crisis. Market share fell. CEO Carol Bartz was fired. A Chinese tycoon said he?d buy the company.
- What Happened To Alexandria Bain and Kyliyah Bain? Details Of The Heroic Rescue [VIDEO]
May 12 2012 5:25 PM
In the aftermath of the recovery of Alexandria Bain and Kyliyah Bain, authorities are now releasing information about the details that led them to the girls and their kidnapper, Adam Mayes. In a press conference held by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Master Sgt. Steve Crawford explains how days of searching for the Bain sisters and Adam Mayes, who killed their mother and sister, led them to a red-brick church perched on a hill.
- Who Is Rebekah Brooks? Meet The Central Figure In The News Corporation Phone Hacking Scandal
May 12 2012 3:35 PM
Before getting arrested on charges of intercepting phone messages of celebrities, politicians and other public figures, Rebekah Brooks was British journalist, editor and chief executive of Rupert Murdoch's British newspaper subsidiary, News International.
- Death Penalty Causes State-Fed Clash Over Accused Murderer In Rhode Island
May 11 2012 5:05 PM
Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee said he will petition to Supreme Court to keep in state custody an accused murderer facing federal charges, to avoid the death penalty, which the governor opposes.
- What Happened To Missing Hollywood Movie Executive Gavin Smith? Police Not Ruling Out Foul Play
May 11 2012 11:37 AM
In a what is turning out to be a most bizarre missing persons case, there are still no solids leads that indicate what exactly happened to movie executive Gavin Smith. Smith, who is known for having distributed blockbusters such as Titanic and Avatar, went missing on May 1, after reportedly returning from a conference in Las Vegas, NV.
- House Republicans Attempt To Hamstring Eric Holder's Justice Department
May 10 2012 5:14 PM
Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives added amendments to a Justice Department funding bill that would restrict taxpayer money from litigation involving voter ID laws, the health care law and other politically-divisive issues.
- Obama On Same-Sex Marriage: Personal Support, But Not As Civil Right
May 10 2012 11:12 AM
President Barack Obama made a historic announcement of his support of gays and lesbians marrying, but stopped short of calling it a civil right.
- Collusion Discovered Between Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), Pharma Firms
May 10 2012 10:39 AM
Officials of India's drug regulator have been colluding with pharmaceutical firms to speed up approval procedures, allowing some drugs that are not permitted in other countries to go on sale, according to an 18-month investigation by lawmakers.
- Sex-Change Surgery Legalized In Argentina; New Gender Rights Law Approved (Report)
May 10 2012 9:43 AM
After legalizing gay marriages in 2010, Argentina now welcomes a new gender rights law that gives it citizen the right to undergo sex-change surgery or hormone therapy lawfully.
- Sandusky Asks Judge To Postpone Sex Abuse Trial; When Will The Trial Start?
May 09 2012 1:06 PM
The trial for former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky could be postponed. An attorney for Sandusky, who charged last year with more than 50 counts involving sexual acts with minors, asked on Wednesday, May 09, for his client's June 5 trial to be delayed.
- Jerry Sandusky's Lawyer Asks for Trial Delay
May 09 2012 12:20 PM
Defense attorney Joe Amendola is looking for a delay in his client's trial.
- Accused 9/11 Plotters' Counsel Puts Entire System, Torture On Trial
May 07 2012 6:09 PM
After the arraignment of the five accused 9/11 planners, their civilian counsel criticized the military commission handling the case.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 4 Other Accused 9/11 Plotters To Be Arraigned At Gitmo
May 04 2012 5:18 PM
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the confessed mastermind behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States, will be formally arraigned -- along with four alleged co-conspirators -- in a military court at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba on Saturday. Each faces the death penalty.
- Attorney General Eric Holder Under Fire From House GOP
May 04 2012 4:20 PM
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is getting election-year heat from two prominent Republicans in the House of Representatives.
- Supreme Court Should Overturn Health Care Law, Swing State Voters Say: Poll
May 03 2012 1:05 PM
A survey of three swing states -- Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania -- show more voters want the U.S. Supreme Court to strike down the health care law.
- Death On NYC Train Station Platform: Who Is William Coyman?
May 03 2012 12:30 PM
The mysterious death of William Coyman, a retired teamster from Boston, Mass., has raised many questions about the circumstances surrounding the deadly incident. In August, the Beantown teamster stepped off an Amtrak train in New York City and collapsed on the platform at Pennsylvania station.
- BP Wins Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Settlement Approval
May 03 2012 12:13 PM
BP Plc. (NYSE: BP) won preliminary approval of its proposed $7.8 billion settlement of claims relating to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Bush Torture Memo Author John Yoo Immune From American Enemy Combatant's Suit
May 02 2012 3:23 PM
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected Jose Padilla's lawsuit against Bush administration counsel and torture memo author John Yoo.