- 2013 Porsche Boxster S Review: A Top Down Driver Fable for the Everyman
August 02 2012 12:28 PM
The 2013 Porsche Boxster S offers the most fun and best performance of any roadster for under $100,000.
- Free Gas From Shell For Southern Calif. Hydrogen Fuel-Cell Drivers
August 02 2012 9:41 AM
Massive oil and gas companies don't usually give away free gas, but Royal Dutch Shell Plc. (NYSE: RDS.A) will be making some Southern California drivers very happy, at least if they drive hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEV).
- Toyota July US Auto Sales Surge
August 01 2012 3:54 PM
Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales up 26.1 percent to 164,898 as the company continued to recover from last year's natural disasters.
- Japan's Car Companies Resurgent In July US Sales, Ford And GM Caught With Hands In 'Cookie Jar'
August 01 2012 3:51 PM
Japan's big three, Nissan, Toyota and Honda gained big in sales while Ford and GM had lackluster showings.
- Honda July US Car Sales Rise on Accord, Civic Demand
August 01 2012 2:52 PM
Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) reported on Wednesday July U.S. sales rose 45.3 percent to 116,944 as the Japanese automaker continues its robust recovery from last year's earthquake and tsunami in Japan and flooding in Thailand.
- Hyundai July US Car Sales Surge But Inventory Constrained
August 01 2012 2:30 PM
Hyundai Motor Co. (Seul: 005380) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales up 4 percent to 62,021 vehicles, the company's best July ever despite constrained inventory for the Korean automaker.
- Nissan July US Sales Surge On Demand for Altima
August 01 2012 1:23 PM
Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201) reported on Wednesday U.S. July Car sales up 16.2 percent over the year before on strong demand for cars, particularly the Altima and Rogue models.
- Volkswagen July US Car Sales Up, But Jetta Demand Down
August 01 2012 12:40 PM
Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales rose 2.3 percent, the company's best July U.S. sales since 1973 during the hey-day of the VW Bus.
- General Motors Company July US Car Sales Plummet
August 01 2012 11:14 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) on Wednesday reported July U.S. car sales fell 6 percent compared with the year before as retail sales fell modestly and fleet sales plummeted.
- July US Car Sales: Chrysler Gains Big But Ford Struggles
August 01 2012 10:29 AM
July US car sales diverged for American manufacturers Ford and Chrysler, the first two carmakers to report sales for the month.
- Ford July US Car Sales Drop On Weak Fleet Sales
August 01 2012 9:55 AM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) reported U.S. July car sales were down 4 percent compared to the year before due to weak fleet sales.
- Chrysler Group July Car Sales Surge
August 01 2012 9:11 AM
Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of Italian Fiat SpA (Milan: F), reported its best July U.S. car sales since before the recession Wednesday.
- General Motors Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Opel Drags Margins, And EPS Down
August 01 2012 5:07 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) is expected to report profits down 51.7 percent for the second quarter of 2012 as the company continues to slog through an uphill battle to restructure its loss-making European Opel-Vauxhall unit and to sell through high levels of North American inventory.
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Review: A Road-Going Fighter Jet in a Tux
July 27 2012 2:11 PM
The 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage is the coolest car on the road, a fighter-jet dressed up in a tuxedo.
- Goodyear 'Tires' Of Petroleum-Based Oil, Cooks Up Soybean Option
July 26 2012 12:23 PM
Soybeans are used to make tofu, but did you know they can also be used for tires?
- US Jobless Claims Fall To Lowest Level Since Feb
July 26 2012 9:27 AM
American's seeking unemployment benefits dropped by 35,000 last week, to 353,000, the Department of Labor announced Thursday, representing the biggest drop inapplications for first-time jobless benefits since February.
- Ford Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Lower Profits Expected From European Troubles
July 23 2012 5:54 PM
Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) profits are expected to fall precipitously for the second quarter of 2012 compared to the same time last year, largely due to continued losses abroad, particularly in Europe.
- Tesla Motors Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Few Cars in Quarter Mean Lower EPS
July 23 2012 4:08 PM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) is expected to report second quarter 2012 earnings sharply lower than the previous year as the company waits for revenue from the recently launched Model S and from a new partnership with Mercedes-Benz to have a positive impact later in the year.
- Platinum In A Rut, Just Like Europe's Diesel Market
July 20 2012 3:51 PM
The price of platinum, the precious metal used to make anti-pollution equipment for vehicles, is in a slump due to the global economic downturn, but it's especially bad in Europe where platinum demand is greatest. Nevertheless, analysts are bullish, believing the price will rise in the latter half of the year and into the next.
- GE's 2Q Beats Street On Strong US Energy Equipment Sales
July 20 2012 7:20 AM
General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), the largest U.S. conglomerate, said Friday its second-quarter continuing earnings rose 7 percent as strong U.S. demand for energy related equipment offset falling European demand and the effect of a strong dollar.