- High Court Rules Against Steelworkers
January 28 2014 2:09 PM
After extensive discussion involving toupees, parkas and scabbards, the Supreme Court ruled that Steel Corp. workers should not be paid for getting dressed.
- World's First Multicolor, Multi-Material 3D Printer
January 27 2014 12:48 PM
Like a traditional 2D inkjet printer, the Objet500 Connex 3 uses triple-jet techy to combine materials for hundreds of colors.
- US Steel Imports Surge, Driven By Price Differentials
January 27 2014 9:09 AM
Cheap Chinese steel has led many U.S. traders to buy Chinese steel instead of U.S.-produced steel.
- Fiat-Chrysler’s Sergio Marchionne: Revered In Detroit, Reviled In Italy
January 17 2014 5:11 PM
The man who saved Fiat and Chrysler is known for speaking his mind. That has not won him friends at home.
- General Electric - Talk About A Global Footprint
January 17 2014 12:06 PM
The company is considered a bellwether for the U.S. and global economy. Here's why.
- Robots Are Taking Over The (Factory) World
January 16 2014 5:01 PM
Global industrial robot sales are booming. U.S. manufacturing jobs ... not so much.
- General Electric Q4 Earnings Preview: Another Stellar Industrial Performance?
January 16 2014 5:32 AM
Investors will focus on GE's industrial operations, as the company prepares to spin off its consumer finance business.
- US Energy Sector - On The Verge Of Another Miracle?
January 15 2014 11:03 AM
The projected growth of the U.S. energy sector has to be seen to be believed, so see it here.
- What Does Ford Think Of UK Idea To Exit EU?
January 15 2014 7:45 AM
Ford says it would have to reassess its operations in the U.K. if Britain decided to leave the EU.
- General Motors Pays It Forward
January 15 2014 12:26 AM
The move underscores the automaker's remarkable turnaround since its bailout in 2009 in the wake of the financial crisis.
- Apple Begins Hiring iPhone And iPod Engineers At Mesa, Ariz., Sapphire Manufacturing Facility
January 14 2014 4:16 PM
According to jobs listings publicly available on the Apple website, the Cupertino, Calif.-based technology company has started hiring iPod and iPhone engineers at its Mesa, Ariz., sapphire manufacturing facility.
- Another Battery Problem With 787
January 14 2014 12:14 PM
Nearly a year after the first Boeing 787 battery caught fire, it appears it's happened again, and Boeing's stock plunged immediately afterwards.
- Why A US Firearms Maker Said No To A Huge Pakistan Deal
January 06 2014 2:49 PM
Fearing its weapons could end up being used against U.S. troops, a U.S. gun manufacturer turned down a $15 million deal for sniper systems.
- Euro Zone, UK Data Continue To Suggest Strong Recovery
January 06 2014 5:31 AM
Economies in the euro zone and the UK remained buoyant in December with sharp growths recorded in output and orders, PMI data show.
- China Railway Group Chief's Death Raises Questions
January 06 2014 12:42 AM
Several high-level railway officials have taken their own lives following a government crackdown on corruption in the last three years.
- Which Nation Is Making Parts For The Stealth F-35 Jet?
January 04 2014 10:00 AM
Despite adequate U.S. suppliers, the government has allowed Lockheed Martin to use internationally-made parts for the high-tech military jet.
- Original Cheerios Now As GMO-Free As They Can Be
January 03 2014 2:03 AM
The challenge of sourcing GMO-free raw material in the U.S. is said to be a major obstacle to introducing GMO-free food varieties.
- Guess What 'Duck Dynasty' Robertson Is Sponsoring Now
January 02 2014 3:19 PM
The outspoken "Duck Dynasty" patriarch adds his unique cachet to a new line of guns.
- The Italian Job: Fiat Set To Fully Take Over Chrysler
January 02 2014 7:12 AM
The deal is a personal victory for group CEO Sergio Marchionne, who has been pushing a merger of the two iconic automakers.
- PMI Data Hold Out Hope For Europe
January 02 2014 5:56 AM
Data on manufacturing in Europe and the UK showed the region is well on track for a modest recovery, with some exceptions.