- Chinese Industry Plans For Expected Wage Spike
March 14 2013 3:59 PM
Study finds that a mix of new policies and labor negotiations have boosted both worker output and demand.
- Boeing Clear On 787 Fixes, But Vague On Timeline
March 14 2013 6:20 AM
Air carriers are still in the dark regarding how Boeing's 787 out-of-service delay will affect their schedules.
- US Employees Piling On The Hours
March 13 2013 11:21 AM
U.S. factory workers clocked more production hours in February than they have in years.
- KKR Buys Third Manufacturer in Three Years
March 11 2013 7:14 PM
KKR is diversifying its manufacturing portfolio for third straight year with acquisitions in the U.S., France and India.
- F-35 Lightning II Program Retrofits To Cost $1.7B
March 09 2013 10:52 PM
Solving problems found in flight-testing the planes in the Pentagon's F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program will most likely be pricey.
- New Policies Aim to Fill Gaps In US Innovation
March 09 2013 11:56 AM
Any manufacturing revival will come in the face of challenges caused by deficiencies supporting our innovation system, MIT researchers find.
- US Manufacturing Registers A Decent February
March 08 2013 1:13 PM
There was a gain in manufacturing jobs last month, but Washington's partisan feud could hurt the sector's momentum.
- China Just Loves America’s Green Technology
March 08 2013 5:58 AM
To stay ahead, U.S. policymakers must continue to invest in the success of the country's clean-energy companies.
- Manufacturers' 2013 Mission: Cut Costs, Grow Margins
March 07 2013 5:03 PM
Data suggests that companies are targeting an aggressive reduction in cost of goods sold.
- Six Things Prisons Make Besides License Plates
March 07 2013 2:44 PM
The growing capabilities of prison-based manufacturers make their products increasingly attractive to government contract buyers.
- Sequestration Seen Threatening US Manufacturing Expansion
March 07 2013 10:38 AM
Recent growth in manufacturing is at risk now as sequestration laws go into effect.
- Superior Industries International Plans Mexican Factory
March 04 2013 3:54 PM
Mexico's manufacturing boom continued with Superior Industries International announcing a factory in the nation.
- Fires Haven't Drained Power Of Lithium-Ion Battery Market
February 22 2013 7:36 AM
Lithium-ion batteries aren't just for consumer gadgets anymore. The global market could nearly double by 2016 to $22.5 billion.
- Tire Boss Is Right: French Workers Are Less Productive
February 20 2013 11:50 AM
It looks like the head of Titan International has a point when he says French workers don't produce enough.
- BMW Of North America Recalling 534,810 US Vehicles
February 16 2013 10:20 PM
The Beemers will be recalled for two separate reasons, one centered on the braking system, the other centered on the electrical system.
- Deere Beats Street View, Boosts Outlook
February 13 2013 8:10 AM
The world's biggest maker of heavy farm equipment beat expectations as farmers prepare for a big corn planting.
- Caterpillar Warns Of Weak 2013
January 28 2013 10:49 AM
Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) said the first half of 2013 will not be as prosperous as a year earlier.
- Two-Minute Toilet Break Rule Leads To Latest Chinese Worker Uprising
January 22 2013 9:41 AM
A strict new policy limiting toilet time at a factory led to a hostage situation in Shanghai.
- Big Pharma Facing Patent Cliff And Declining R&D Returns
December 05 2012 7:13 AM
The pharmaceutical industry is grappling with diminishing R&D productivity -- exemplified by a drop in revenue per new drug approval.
- Big Companies Boost Outlook For China
November 30 2012 7:19 AM
Encouraged by stronger economic indicators and outlook, U.S. multinational companies are speeding up their China expansion plans.