- Pebble Mine Partner Withdraws; Vast Project In Doubt
September 16 2013 6:30 PM
The London partner of a global mining partnership withdrew from a $4.6 billion Alaskan mine proposal, leaving the project’s future shaky.
- China Will Soon Have More Robots Than Any Other Nation
September 13 2013 12:22 PM
Japan is using robots in space, but China is about to claim a new title in the world of robotics.
- Syrian Concerns May Hike Middle East Military Spending
September 06 2013 3:46 PM
British giant BAE Systems and other defense suppliers that sell to Middle Eastern governments like Saudi Arabia stand to benefit strongly.
- The European Economic Rebound: Three Promising Trends
September 03 2013 11:14 AM
Strong manufacturing and air freight data are just some positive economic signs for Europe, alongside the U.K.’s slightly more robust recovery.
- Euro Zone, UK Continue Recovery In Manufacturing Sector
September 02 2013 6:38 AM
UK’s factory activity remained robust in August, while many euro zone nations, except France and Greece, posted growth.
- HSBC China Manufacturing PMI Signals Expansion For First Time In 4 Months
September 01 2013 9:58 PM
The HSBC China Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index rose to 50.1 in August from 47.7 in July.
- China’s Official Manufacturing PMI Rises To 51.0% In August From 50.3% In July
August 31 2013 9:49 PM
Activity in Chinese manufacturing sped up recently, according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China.
- Predictions Vary On HSBC China Manufacturing PMI
August 31 2013 10:12 AM
Some analysts expect growth while others predict continued contraction in China’s factory activity in the HSBC-Markit PMI for August.
- 40% Of ANDAs Approved By FDA In H1 Filed By Indian Companies
August 29 2013 8:40 AM
Abbreviated New Drug Approvals, or ANDA, requests are submitted to FDA for its approval to manufacture and sell a generic drug in the U.S.
- China's Official PMI Expected To Show Steady Manufacturing Growth
August 27 2013 6:02 AM
China’s factory activity in August is expected to grow at its fastest in three months, according to an official survey due on Aug. 31.
- Gordon Murray’s City Car Concept Sold To Undeclared Buyer
August 23 2013 2:23 PM
Gordon Murray says an undisclosed buyer has purchased his proof-of-design T.25 and T.27 (electric) city cars.
- Thursday Futures Point To Higher Open
August 22 2013 6:19 AM
U.S. stock markets could open higher on Thursday, ahead of data on jobs, home prices and manufacturing activity.
- Focus On Your Factories, ADB Advises Developing Nations
August 22 2013 3:11 AM
Emerging economies would do well to focus on manufacturing despite the lure of the service sector, ADB said in an annual report.
- China’s Manufacturing Sector Shows Recovery
August 22 2013 2:02 AM
The latest four-month-high flash PMI reading for China’s manufacturing industry reflects Beijing's recent efforts to prop up growth.
- China's Manufacturing PMI Up To 4-Month High
August 21 2013 11:15 PM
The improvement in HSBC's manufacturing survey comes after an unexpected rebound in the official PMI reading in July.
- GM Recalls 293,000 Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
August 17 2013 1:37 PM
General Motors is recalling 292,879 Chevrolet Cruze compact sedans in the U.S., due to a brake-related issue with the vehicles.
- European And Chinese Demand For Chemicals Slows Down
August 08 2013 5:38 PM
Abenomics may be boosting Japanese chemical companies, however.
- Things China Makes
August 02 2013 9:33 AM
More than 90 percent of all personal computers manufactured in the world in 2011 were made in China.
- Thailand's Dawei Project In Myanmar Faces Financial Trouble
August 02 2013 6:16 AM
The $50 billion industrial hub is having difficulties rounding up the funding it requires.
- US Investigates Steel-Pipe Imports Pricing
July 25 2013 3:18 AM
The U.S. is probing antidumping charges against India and eight other countries while Joe Biden urges India to lift restrictions on exports.