- Hard-Hit Florida and Arizona Property Markets Rebound, at Least for Apartment Developers
February 24 2012 5:02 PM
Arizona and Florida were ground zero for the housing boom and subsequent crash, but the multifamily sector is finally showing signs of life, with developers again planning new projects.
- Real Estate Appraiser Counters NAR Forecast, Warns Falling Inventory Isn't Sign of Housing Recovery
February 15 2012 4:25 PM
Real estate appraiser Jonathan Miller disagrees with NAR's prediction of low housing inventory resulting in rising (or at least stabilizing) prices, claiming that it merely reflects a slowdown in foreclosures that will be reversed with the robo-signing agreement.
- German Real Estate Roundup: Underpriced East, Greek Investors Seek Safety in Germany
February 14 2012 5:30 PM
A weekly roundup of German-language real estate news
- Daniel Libeskind's New Curvy Singapore Skyscrapers [PHOTO]
February 06 2012 3:16 PM
Daniel Libeskind's Reflections at Keppel Bay project in Singapore is selling well.
- Home Prices: 5 Questions You Must Ask Before Buying a U.S. Home
October 09 2011 3:07 PM
Incredibly, U.S. home mortgage rates continue to trend lower -- the average 30-year, fixed rate is now 4.07 percent, and they could drop even lower. Still, given soft home prices, jumping into the housing market is hardly a slam-dunk no-brainer, and here are five factors to consider before buying a home.
- US housing starts fall in August
September 22 2011 9:24 PM
The number of housing starts in the US dropped in August by five per cent, compared to July, and were down by 5.
- Property Values in Australian Capitals Fall
September 05 2011 9:24 PM
House prices in Australia's capital cities dropped by 0.6 per cent in July, according to the latest figures in the RP Data-Rismark Home Value Index.
- French House Prices Rise
September 05 2011 9:24 PM
The value of homes in France has risen dramatically in the year ended during the first quarter, Global Property Guide has reported.
- Rural properties in France 'becoming more popular'
August 19 2011 9:24 PM
An increasing number of Brits are seeking out rural properties in France, one real estate expert in the country has revealed.
- Decline predicted for Australian property market
August 17 2011 9:24 PM
One economist has predicted that the Australian property market could experience a significant decline.
- Energy Savings: Cut Expenses Today!
June 01 2011 11:34 AM
With the cost of oil at over $100 per barrel, it is imperative to find ways to cut costs on utilities. This is true for not only homeowners, but business owners alike. One way of doing so is by performing an energy audit. There are firms that will review your current utility bills to identify the most cost effective solutions for your facility. Firms like New Source Energy Group, Inc.
- Cut Your Taxes By Half!
May 25 2011 12:23 PM
Rental real estate can generate non-cash losses through depreciation of its building and improvements as well as accruing interest on mortgages it may have. If the property is owned by a limited partnership these losses are passed through to the individual partners in the partnership on their K-1.
- Employment Growth Can Thank Housing Market
May 06 2011 12:19 PM
Though the unemployment rate did tick up to 9%, the U.S. economy had a net increase of 244,000 jobs in April.
- Empire State Building among latest to IPO
April 23 2011 3:38 PM
The Malkin family has plans for a publicly traded real estate company with buildings including a historic landmark property the Empire State Building.
- South Florida Housing Market: Foreclosures Bring Boom
April 22 2011 11:54 AM
Due to unprecedented foreclosures and price declines, many investors are flocking to remove the area's massive glut of homes on the market.
- China Housing Bubble: The Next Big Crash
April 18 2011 4:04 PM
This past Thursday, Moody's Investors Service downgraded China's property sector from stable to negative.
- Why You Should Buy Distressed Residential Properties
April 15 2011 6:38 PM
Buying distressed real estate with cash is a great investment idea because distortions have made them extremely cheap.
- PORTUGAL BAILOUT: How Housing Will be Affected
April 15 2011 12:23 PM
Faced with its worst financial situation in over 30 years, Portugal avoided default on Friday by paying off maturing 2005 bonds.
- Office Property Dominates Inter-Regional Investment
March 06 2011 8:00 PM
Office property continues to make up the largest proportion of inter-regional investment around the world, with 58 per cent of all transactions for that asset class.
- Armchair property investors benefit from stable Turkey
March 05 2011 11:47 AM
As is always the case during periods of turmoil, someone or something bucks the trend, and while the domino-like wave of civil unrest is currently rattling through a number of Middle Eastern countries, one nation has seized the opportunity to prove it has a stabile and prosperous long-term future.