- Don't Fear Housing Shadow Inventory: Barclays
August 15 2012 5:48 PM
With the national housing market showing signs of a rebound, analysts are saying shadow inventory might not be such a threat after all.
- Homelessness Rising In England To Olympian Heights
July 31 2012 12:35 PM
Some of the results for specific councils are quite shocking,? said Judy Aldred, managing director of SSentif.
- Excited About Myanmar? Read This First
July 14 2012 1:35 PM
Introducing Myanmar, the world's next big thing that's struggling to figure out what exactly that means.
- US Housing Prices Rise For Third Month In May: CoreLogic
July 02 2012 10:53 AM
U.S. home prices rose 2 percent in May, another sign that the depressed housing market is stabilizing, data firm CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) said Monday.
- Pratariccia: Tuscan Town Available On eBay, Price ?Negotiable?
June 28 2012 4:47 PM
Fancy buying a Tuscan ghost town? The medieval village of Pratariccia is now on sale in the unlikeliest of places: eBay. The price: $3 million.
- More Takers For Home Loans, Fresh Respite For Underwater Borrowers
June 07 2012 6:44 PM
An increase in the spurt of mortgage applications, following low mortgages rates and a rising demand for refinancing activities
- New York School Budget Votes Could Send Tax Revolt Clue, Weigh Cuomo Popularity
May 15 2012 5:03 PM
New York?s suburban and upstate voters Tuesday are determining the future of their property tax rates and could also weigh on the standing of Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
- The ?Inappropriate? Chinese Holiday Village in Wales
May 10 2012 10:23 AM
It was to be the first purpose-built retreat center for inhabitants of the world?s largest country, but plans for the £50m ($80m) Chinese holiday village in Wales were dealt a blow recently after inspectors deemed the design ?inappropriate.?
- UK property market more pessimistic, says latest RICS survey
May 08 2012 4:32 AM
The more optimistic outlook for the residential property market in the UK looked to have run out of steam in April as prices edged lower, according to the latest survey from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Adelson Eyes $35B Spanish Las Vegas
April 11 2012 11:20 AM
Billionaire casino mogul Sheldon Adelson announced on Wednesday plans to open a casino strip in Spain, pushing for a $35 billion casino complex in either Barcelona or Madrid.
- Buford, Wyoming: ‘Smallest Town In America’ Sold To Vietnamese Buyer for $900,000
April 06 2012 12:45 PM
Buford, Wyoming, the smallest town in America, was sold to a Vietnamese man for $900,000 on Thursday.
- One Person Wyoming Town Sells for $900,000 at Auction
April 06 2012 11:47 AM
The smallest town in the U.S., Buford, Wyoming, was sold to an unidentified Vietnamese buyer on Thursday after an Internet auction that attracted global interest.
- JFK's Honeymoon Mansion On Sale For $95 Million
March 26 2012 2:37 AM
The luxurious LA mansion where US President John F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline spent their honeymoon in 1953 is up for auction for $95 million.
- Banks Stonewalled Probe Of Foreclosure Practices: Housing Agency
March 14 2012 12:54 PM
The inspector general for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development said banks involved in the nationwide settlement on foreclosure practices significantly hindered its investigation.
- Britney Spears House For Sale: Potential ‘X Factor’ Judge Relists Home For $2.995M [PHOTOS]
March 09 2012 2:44 PM
Britney Spears, who is currently in talks to become the newest judge on Simon Cowell's The X Factor, has re-listed her Mediterranean-styled Beverly Hills mansion for $2.995 million. Check out photos of Spears' sprawling abode, presented by Nancy Sanborn of Prudential California Realty.
- Micron and Intel Upgrade NAND Flash Memory Deal
February 28 2012 11:25 AM
Micron (Nasdaq: MU), the sole U.S. maker of memory chips, and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC), the No. I chipmaker, upgraded their six-year-old partnership for advanced products.
- Bank of America Scores Key Court Ruling in Resolving Countrywide Mortgage Mess
February 27 2012 6:24 PM
Bank of America had attempted to get an $8.5 billion settlement over bad Countrywide mortgage-backed securities approved in New York state court over the objection of some angry investors.
- Hard-Hit Florida and Arizona Property Markets Rebound, at Least for Apartment Developers
February 24 2012 5:02 PM
Arizona and Florida were ground zero for the housing boom and subsequent crash, but the multifamily sector is finally showing signs of life, with developers again planning new projects.
- Plaza Hotel's $33.5 Million, $8.3 Million Condos Sold [PHOTOS]
February 23 2012 2:59 PM
Manhattan's venerable Plaza Hotel, site of a $48 million sale in 2011, has seen two more big deals to start off 2012. One of the building's penthouses, #PH2009, has been sold, according to StreetEasy. The deal hasn't closed yet, but the last asking price was $33.5 million.
- Amazon Plans Three Skyscrapers in Seattle
February 20 2012 9:46 AM
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) is continuing its global expansion with a deal that will transform Seattle's skyline. The online retailer has agreed to purchase three development parcels in the city and plans a trio of 1 million square foot office towers.