- Nick Jonas Rents NHL Player's $23,000-a-Month Chelsea Apartment [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
February 17 2012 12:00 PM
The teen pop star is crashing in NHL player Scott Gomez's old pad, which has an outdoor kitchen, a 120 HD screen in the living room, and three bedrooms.
- OECD to Northern Europe: Raise Your Property Taxes!
February 16 2012 5:45 PM
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development released a report Tuesday calling on Germany to raise its property taxes dramatically. The group has also called on Denmark, Norway, and the U.K. to do the same.
- Real Estate Appraiser Counters NAR Forecast, Warns Falling Inventory Isn't Sign of Housing Recovery
February 15 2012 4:25 PM
Real estate appraiser Jonathan Miller disagrees with NAR's prediction of low housing inventory resulting in rising (or at least stabilizing) prices, claiming that it merely reflects a slowdown in foreclosures that will be reversed with the robo-signing agreement.
- Bjarke Ingels' Twisty New Vancouver Tower [PHOTOS]
February 14 2012 5:52 PM
Rendering reveals of Bjarke Ingels' striking new 49-story Vancouver tower project.
- Westbrook Partners Buys Ritz-Carlton Hotel for $105 Million
February 14 2012 5:12 PM
Real estate firm Westbrook Partners has bought the 259-room Ritz-Carlton Hotel at 50 Central Park South for $105 million, according to city records.
- Shanghai Tower: World's Fastest Elevator Revealed for China's Tallest Skyscraper [PHOTOS]
February 14 2012 12:34 PM
Builders of the 2,073-foot Shanghai Tower have announced a partnership with Mitsubishi to outfit the skyscraper with a 40 mph elevator.
- Dubai: Is the World's Tallest Building on Fire? [PHOTOS]
February 11 2012 4:59 PM
Rumors are sweeping the Internet that Dubai's Burj Khalifa skyscraper, the world's tallest, is on fire, while officials claim it's just fog
- Daniel Libeskind's New Curvy Singapore Skyscrapers [PHOTO]
February 06 2012 3:16 PM
Daniel Libeskind's Reflections at Keppel Bay project in Singapore is selling well.
- One World Trade Center: A View from the Crane, 90 Floors Up [PHOTO]
February 03 2012 3:39 PM
A breathtaking photo taken from the crane on the 90th floor of 1 WTC, looking out on downtown Manhattan, the Lower East Side, and New York's East River bridges.
- New Zealand residential property prices saw gradual growth throughout 2011, data shows
January 20 2012 3:52 AM
New Zealand residential property values continued to gradually increase in 2011, rising 2.4% over the past twelve months, according to the latest QV index.
- Dundee REIT to buy Whiterock for about $572 million
January 17 2012 1:13 PM
Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust (D_u.TO: Quote) will buy Whiterock REIT (WRK_u.TO: Quote) for about C$580 million ($572 million) in a cash-and-stock deal to strengthen its position in the office property space.
- 'Healthy Returns' Recorded for UK Commercial Property
January 12 2012 7:00 PM
Those with commercial property investments in the UK have experienced relatively healthy returns during 2011, it has been asserted.
- MetLife Buys Luxury Rental Building EnV in Chicago
January 11 2012 1:18 PM
MetLife Inc. has purchased EnV, a 249-unit luxury rental tower in Chicago, the insurance company announced on Wednesday.
- Michael Williams, CEO of Fannie Mae, Resigns
January 10 2012 5:36 PM
Michael Williams, CEO of mortgage giant Fannie Mae, is resigning, the company announced on Tuesday.
- 15 Central Park West Condo Sells for $21 Million
January 06 2012 4:29 PM
15 Central Park West's Unit #28D has sold for $21 million, according to city records, representing the very top of the Manhattan real estate market.
- U.S. Mortgage Applications Closed 2011 with a 3.7% Drop: MBA
January 04 2012 1:54 PM
U.S. mortgage applications fell 3.7 percent in the week ending Dec. 30, compared to the week ending Dec. 16, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA).
- U.S. Office Market 2012 Outlook 'Sluggish,' Despite Improvements in 2011
January 03 2012 5:03 PM
The U.S. office market improved in 2011, but continued growth in 2012 is expected to be slow, according to two separate reports released on Tuesday.
- Manhattan's Jarmulowsky Bank Building Sells for $36 Million, Hotel Conversion Likely
January 03 2012 12:47 PM
54 Canal Street, the former site of Jarmulowsky Bank in Manhattan, has sold for $36 million, according to city records.
- Case-Shiller Home Price Index Falls in October
December 27 2011 12:10 PM
Home prices in 20 major U.S. cities fell 3.4 percent in October compared with the previous year, signaling continued weakness in the housing market, according to the S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices.
- So Where is Housing Headed in 2012?
December 21 2011 6:32 AM
An economist at Wells Fargo Securities expects homebuilding to improve modestly in 2012, with most of the gains coming from apartment construction.