- Global Residential Property Prices 'Stagnant'
September 05 2011 12:16 PM
The latest figures published in the Knight Frank Global House Price Index for the second quarter of the year indicate that growth in capital values has stalled.
- Fannie/Freddie Regulator Challenges BofA MBS Pact
August 31 2011 12:07 AM
The regulator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as well as dozens of investors, on Tuesday lodged objections to Bank of America Corp's proposed $8.5 billion mortgage-backed securities settlement.
- World's First Semi-Submerged Hotel to be Built in Qatar
August 30 2011 6:17 PM
What is described as the world’s first semi submerged hotel resort is to be built in Qatar and has been designed by Italian designer Giancarlo Zema which specialises in semi submerged architectural structures, floating habitats and yacht design.
- Home Prices Dip Just 0.1% in June: Is U.S. Housing Market Stabilizing?
August 30 2011 12:52 PM
U.S. home prices dipped just 0.1 percent in June from May, according to Case-Shiller -- providing a ray of light that the U.S. housing market may be stabilizing.
- Mitt Romney House Getting Bigger, But Not by Much
August 29 2011 4:41 PM
Romney stops reports about the expansion of his California home.
- Obama Administration Considering Refinance Plan for Mortgages
August 25 2011 10:34 AM
The Obama administration is considering plans to allow millions of homeowners with government-backed mortgages to refinance at current interest rates.
- U.S. Home Prices Decline 0.6% in Second Quarter - Will Fed Act?
August 24 2011 3:15 PM
If U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke needs any more evidence regarding the slowdown in the U.S. economic recovery, he need look no further than U.S. housing prices, which have fallen for 17 consecutive quarters
- New Home Sales Decline for Third Straight Month, Likely to Weigh on U.S. Economy
August 23 2011 12:30 PM
New home sells fell in July to a 298,000-unit annual rate, the third straight monthly decline for the beleaguered sector. The slump means housing is likely to be a drag on U.S. GDP at least for the next two quarters, and perhaps for longer. New home prices are attractive, but potential buyers should traead carefully: they may drop in many markets.
- Housing Sales Fall to Lowest Level in Months
August 23 2011 11:36 AM
Sales of new U.S. homes in July fell to its lowest level in five months, indicating that the housing sector is still on rocky footing after the housing bubble burst several years ago.
- Miami leading real estate boom in Florida, latest data shows
August 22 2011 6:17 AM
Sales of homes and apartments in Miami, Florida, are continuing their upward trend and are now 47% and 33% higher than a year ago, the latest figures show.
- Rural properties in France 'becoming more popular'
August 19 2011 9:24 PM
An increasing number of Brits are seeking out rural properties in France, one real estate expert in the country has revealed.
- Decline predicted for Australian property market
August 17 2011 9:24 PM
One economist has predicted that the Australian property market could experience a significant decline.
- HIA Seeks RBA Rate Cuts to Bolster Growth
August 11 2011 8:03 PM
Members of Australia's largest organization of residential builders--the Housing Industry Association--had sought the Reserve Bank's policy intervention to slash down benchmark lending rates to spur consumer confidence to spend more and allow more room for the industry to grow.
- U.S. Home Mortgage Rates Fall Again - Good Time to Lock-in a Rate?
August 11 2011 2:02 PM
U.S. home mortgage interest rates fell again this week, and the average 30-year fixed rate is now at a low 4.19 percent -- which creates an opportunity for prospective home buyers with good credit histories.
- White House seeks ideas to shrink foreclosure glut
August 11 2011 1:19 PM
The Obama administration is looking for new ideas to shrink a glut of foreclosed properties held by mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that are weighing down the housing market and hurting home prices.
- Investors 'Showing Interest' in UK Property
July 27 2011 9:46 PM
Interest from overseas investors looking for UK property investment opportunities is on the rise, according to one firm.
- Further Declines Seen For Australia's House Prices
July 27 2011 8:14 PM
Median house prices have seen their fourth consecutive drop in the June quarter.
- Real Estate Industry Seeks Further Reprieve From High Cash Rates
July 27 2011 8:12 PM
Yesterday's higher-than-expected inflation figures have prompted a flurry of pleas from the housing industry to leave rates untouched.
- This Is Not Your Father's U.S. Housing Sector
June 29 2011 7:36 AM
Time was, you could 'bank on' certain trends in the United States: ample career positions for new college graduates, rising incomes, and rising home prices. Times have changed, and regarding the latter, today's unforgiving U.S. housing sector makes due diligence all-the-more important for prospective home buyers.
- Economies threaten to stall change in the Arab world
June 23 2011 6:31 AM
Democracy is at risk if democracy does not produce. -- Elliot Abrams, Of the Council on Foreign Relations, CFR