- US Home Prices Surge 9.3% In February
April 30 2013 9:08 AM
The pace of U.S. real estate price increases is accelerating, and the housing sector remains the brightest sector in the economy.
- US Pending Home Sales Rise - Better Months Ahead?
April 29 2013 10:13 AM
Higher pending home sales signal that actual home sales may rise in coming months.
- China Real Estate Bubble - Experts Say Gov’t Should Avoid Capital Gains Tax On Home Sales
April 25 2013 9:45 AM
The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences says that a policy charging a 20% tax on capital gains is causing higher home prices.
- 2 Things To Consider About China’s Bubbly Real Estate Market
April 23 2013 9:01 AM
China's real estate market is probably overheating, but Chinese buyers generally pay cash and defaults are still rare.
- Higher Ed Debt Is Keeping Young Homebuyers Away: Fed
April 18 2013 5:44 PM
Americans with student-loan debt used to be more likely to own their homes by age 30 than others. Not any more.
- World's Most Expensive House - A Steal At $242 Million
April 11 2013 8:58 AM
The two-story home, boasting a swimming pool and tennis court, is located on an elevated 85,000-square-foot lot in the city's Botanic Gardens.
- 'Playboy' Bunny House Is Up For Sale
April 10 2013 12:15 PM
The Playboy Bunny mansion is for sale with a $11 million listing price.
- Property To Die For: China's Really Expensive Real Estate
April 09 2013 6:20 AM
Burial plot prices have skyrocketed in China to the point where they now cost more than housing in some areas.
- Manhattan Apartments: Cheaper, But Still Expensive
April 04 2013 9:19 AM
The average and median sales prices of apartments in Manhattan fell in the first quarter of the year. Here's a snapshot.
- Is Now The Time To Buy That Vacation Home?
April 03 2013 5:09 AM
Growing demand, limited inventory and a strong stock market have helped vacation rental sales surge across the United States.
- Closing A Real-Estate Divorce Loophole In China
April 02 2013 5:03 AM
Large cities in China will likely encounter a backlash as they enforce the 20-year-old tax law.
- Real Estate Porn: The House That Apple Built
March 19 2013 4:52 PM
The modern Silicon Valley house designed by Apple Inc. co-founder Steve "the Woz" Wozniak can be yours for a mere $4.4 million.
- New US Housing Construction Up Dramatically
March 19 2013 10:50 AM
US housing starts shot up unexpectedly last month as the industry's recovery continues.
- Still Underwater But Coming Up For Air
March 14 2013 8:49 AM
Is the United States finally pulling out out of its home-foreclosure doldrums? Short answer: Sort of.
- Singapore Group Buys L.A.’s Tallest Building
March 11 2013 4:40 PM
Company says it's buying the 10th tallest building in the U.S., a parking garage and the park that's next to L.A.'s Central Library.
- Here’s Where US Home Prices Surged Last Year
March 08 2013 6:04 AM
When you’re down so low sometimes the only direction is up. And many hard-hit U.S. housing markets topped the 2012 price increase list.
- Real Estate Porn: Jannero’s Chicagoland Castle
March 07 2013 9:21 AM
Seven bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms, 30 miles from central Chi-town, it’s all yours for a mere $2.4 million.
- Manhattan Dream: A Modern Funhouse With An 80-Foot Slide
March 05 2013 8:39 AM
In a 19th-century lower Manhattan skyscraper, a "mathematically minded" couple has created a modernistic fun house based on a dissertation.
- Is The 'Crash Psychology' Of The US Housing Market Finally Past?
March 04 2013 1:56 PM
A recent analysis of more than 380 housing markets in the U.S. suggests the storm is over and recovery is in play.
- China Moves To Deflate Real Estate Bubble - And Stocks Plunge
March 04 2013 7:19 AM
China's announcement that it will reel in stability-threatening real estate speculation sent related shares plummeting.