- US Mortgage Rates Hit New Low For Second Week: Freddie Mac
May 10 2012 11:06 AM
U.S. 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rates hit a new record low in the week ending May 10, following lower Treasury bond yields and weaker economic data in April, mortgage financier Freddie Mac said Thursday.
- The ?Inappropriate? Chinese Holiday Village in Wales
May 10 2012 10:23 AM
It was to be the first purpose-built retreat center for inhabitants of the world?s largest country, but plans for the £50m ($80m) Chinese holiday village in Wales were dealt a blow recently after inspectors deemed the design ?inappropriate.?
- Freddie Mac To Name Former E*Trade Chief Donald Layton New CEO: WSJ
May 09 2012 2:11 PM
Freddie Mac, the second-largest mortgage guarantor, will announce the appointment of Donald Layton, former head of E*Trade Financial Corp., as a new CEO as early as Thursday, the Wall Street Journal said.
- Fannie Mae Reports $2.7 Billion Profit In 1Q, Won't Require More Bailout Money
May 09 2012 11:27 AM
Fannie Mae (OTC: FNMA), the government-controlled mortgage giant that was brought to its knees during the housing crisis, said Wednesday it had net income of $2.7 billion in the first quarter as home prices declined at a slower rate than in the previous quarter, and its book of business improved.
- UK property market more pessimistic, says latest RICS survey
May 08 2012 4:32 AM
The more optimistic outlook for the residential property market in the UK looked to have run out of steam in April as prices edged lower, according to the latest survey from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- 'Vampire Diaries' House For Sale: Take A Look Inside Elena Gilbert?s Home [PHOTOS]
May 07 2012 2:50 PM
Elena Gilbert's Vampire Diaries home is for sale, but buyers need not fear a vampire or supernatural invasion.
- US Mortgage Rates Hit New Low Of 3.84%: Freddie Mac
May 03 2012 11:53 AM
U.S. 30-year fixed-rate mortgages fell to a new record low of 3.84 percent in the week ending May 2, following subdued economic data, mortgage financier Freddie Mac said Thursday.
- US Homeownership Rate Drops To 15-Year Low
April 30 2012 6:56 PM
The share of privately-owned U.S. homes fell to a 15-year low in the first quarter as falling house prices and stringent lending conditions push younger Americans, in particular, into renting.
- Simon Property Group Profit Triples In 1Q, Raises Guidance
April 27 2012 1:39 PM
Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE: SPG), the largest U.S. mall landlord, said Friday its profits more than tripled in the first quarter as the value of its properties rose and higher rents and occupancy rates boosted its revenue.
- World Trade Center Construction Featured in 2 Minute Time-Lapse Video, Will It Surpass The Empire State Building As The Tallest?
April 26 2012 11:30 AM
One World Trade Center, currently under construction in Lower Manhattan at the site of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, could end up being the tallest building in New York City, surpassing the Empire State Building as soon as next week. In honor of the construction process, EarthCam, an international webcam technology company, released a two minute-long time-lapse of the progression of the tower.
- U.S. Pending Home Sales Rise 4.1 Percent, Beating Forecasts
April 26 2012 10:26 AM
U.S. pending home sales increased 4.1 percent in March compared to the prior month, signaling improvement in the national housing market and beating forecasts, the National Association of Realtors said Thursday.
- Simon Property Group Earnings Preview: Good Malls Drive Higher Profits
April 26 2012 9:05 AM
Simon Property Group (NYSE: SPG), the largest U.S. mall landlord, is expected to have higher profits in the first quarter as its strong properties drive higher revenue.
- Britney Spears Home: Beverly Hills Home Sells, Famous For 2008 Meltdown [PHOTOS]
April 25 2012 8:17 AM
An anonymous bidder just acquired a piece of Hollywood history. Britney Spears' Beverly Hills home just sold for $4,253,000. Originally listed at $2,995,000, the lucky bidder will be living in the home that the pop star had her famous 2008 meltdown in. (No word if the house comes with a stretcher.)
- U.S. New Home Sales Fall In March, But Beat Expectations
April 24 2012 10:25 AM
Sales of new U.S. homes fell to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 328,000 in March, the Commerce Department said Tuesday, but beat expectations by analysts.
- Home Prices Hit New Lows in Feb: S&P/Case-Shiller
April 24 2012 9:27 AM
The American market for single-family homes fell to new lows in February, but prices declined at a slower rate compared to the previous month, a private report showed Tuesday, as the housing market continues to struggle.
- U.S. Home Prices Fell 0.8% In February: Case-Shiller
April 24 2012 9:08 AM
The Case-Shiller Home Price Index of 20 cities fell 0.8 percent in February, on a non-seasonally-adjusted basis -- hitting its lowest level in nearly a decade
- Bill Ackman And Sam Zell On Turnarounds, Opportunities And Success
April 20 2012 7:06 PM
Bill Ackman and Sam Zell spoke Thursday at the NYU Shack Institute's annual REIT conference.
- As Traffic Snarls Brazil's Cities, Officials Plan For More Cars
April 20 2012 12:36 PM
Brazilian cities continue to require parking in new developments, to the chagrin of builders and environmentalists.
- U.S. Mortgage Rates Rise Slightly: Freddie Mac
April 19 2012 1:14 PM
U.S. 30-year fixed-rate mortgages rose slightly to 3.90 percent in the week ending April 19, mortgage financier Freddie Mac said Thursday.
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Drop 2.6% In March
April 19 2012 11:29 AM
U.S. existing home sales fell 2.6 percent in March to an annual rate of 4.48 million, the National Association of Realtors said Thursday, missing expectations and highlighting continued weakness in the housing market.