- Philadelphia Building Collapse: Crane Operator Charged With Manslaughter
June 10 2013 2:06 AM
Sean Benschop, the accused in last week's building collapse in Philadelphia, has been charged with manslaughter.
- California's Chic Housing Markets - Skewing Averages, Policy
June 06 2013 2:05 PM
A Trulia study found that home asking prices in California's busiest metros spiked by 20.7% in 2013, far above the national average of 9.5%.
- 'Mr. Las Vegas,' Wayne Newton, To Vacate Famed Casa de Shenandoah
June 06 2013 10:25 AM
Wayne Newton is moving from his estate of 45 years, Casa de Shenandoah, to another mansion about a mile away.
- US Commercial Real Estate Draws Foreign Investors
June 04 2013 7:26 AM
"Give me your ailing investors, your huddled money managers yearning for success ..."
- Madonna, Because She's Living In A Material World, Sells Apartment To Hedge Fund Titan
May 30 2013 3:02 PM
Madonna is collecting a hair less than $20 million in the sale of her fancy co-op near New York City's Central Park.
- Is Now The Time To Buy? US Foreclosure Sales At 5-Year Low
May 30 2013 8:14 AM
Sales of bank-owned homes fell to encouraging lows in the first quarter, amid news of rising home sales.
- Madoff Old Westbury Home Hits Market For $4.5M
May 28 2013 10:47 AM
A new Madoff home is on the market, listed for sale by the U.S. Marshals Service for $4.5 million.
- New-Home Sales See Another Uptick in April
May 23 2013 10:27 AM
Sales of new single-family homes rose in April to 454,000, up 2.3 percent from the previous month.
- Are Existing Home Sales Another Sign Of US Recovery?
May 22 2013 10:40 AM
Home sales in April rose to a three-year high of 4.97 million, just shy of what economists had expected.
- US Housing Starts Drop Far More Than Expected In April
May 16 2013 8:35 AM
Could the U.S. housing recovery be starting to fade?
- WWII Vet Facing Eviction By His Daughter
May 15 2013 2:04 PM
John Potter's daughter abused her power of attorney and put the deed to his Ohio house in her name.
- Wal-Mart Q1 2013 Earnings Preview
May 15 2013 7:25 AM
Wal-Mart's first quarter started soft. The question is whether traffic picked up toward May or not.
- 3 Countries Selling Consular Real Estate For Cash
May 14 2013 1:34 PM
Debt-choked euro zone nations are selling swanky real estate properties as they try to get their financial house in order.
- Chinese Real Estate's New Frontier Is US
May 08 2013 1:21 AM
Following the lead of wealthy individuals and banks, Chinese property developers are moving into the U.S.
- Chinese Like The American Dream
May 02 2013 11:18 AM
The Chinese are now the second-largest foreign investors in U.S. housing, after Canadians.
- US Home Prices Surge 9.3% In February
April 30 2013 9:08 AM
The pace of U.S. real estate price increases is accelerating, and the housing sector remains the brightest sector in the economy.
- US Pending Home Sales Rise - Better Months Ahead?
April 29 2013 10:13 AM
Higher pending home sales signal that actual home sales may rise in coming months.
- China Real Estate Bubble - Experts Say Gov’t Should Avoid Capital Gains Tax On Home Sales
April 25 2013 9:45 AM
The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences says that a policy charging a 20% tax on capital gains is causing higher home prices.
- 2 Things To Consider About China’s Bubbly Real Estate Market
April 23 2013 9:01 AM
China's real estate market is probably overheating, but Chinese buyers generally pay cash and defaults are still rare.
- Higher Ed Debt Is Keeping Young Homebuyers Away: Fed
April 18 2013 5:44 PM
Americans with student-loan debt used to be more likely to own their homes by age 30 than others. Not any more.