- Foreclosures Edge Up, Repossessions Climb Faster
June 13 2013 8:01 AM
Monthly foreclosure data show that U.S. foreclosures and bank repossessions rose in May, even amid a budding housing recovery.
- The Pain In Spain: No End In Sight For Housing Crash
June 13 2013 7:43 AM
Madrid released housing price figures on Thursday and they’re not pretty.
- Another Ray Of Light: Fewer US Home Mortgages Underwater
June 12 2013 9:40 AM
About 9.7 million homeowners are “underwater,” owing more than their properties are worth, the lowest rate since the housing crisis.
- Black Forest Fire Damages About 100 Homes, Thousands Evacuated
June 12 2013 7:26 AM
A fire in Black Forest, Colo., which broke out Tuesday afternoon had damaged up to 100 homes and forced the evacuation of thousands.
- European Housing Market Caps Average Global House Prices
June 11 2013 2:34 PM
Knight Frank's Global House Price Index shows 35 of 55 markets tracked increase, but Europe remains weak.
- Corn, Wheat Farmland In US Has Been Surging In Price
June 11 2013 5:53 AM
Rising demand for wheat and corn have inflated the price of U.S. farmland used to grow those two grains.
- 5 Feared Dead In Mumbai Building Collapse
June 11 2013 3:05 AM
Five people are feared dead and eight are believed to be trapped under the debris of the residential building in Mumbai, India, that collapsed on Monday night.
- 800,000 New Yorkers Could Be In Flood Zones By 2050
June 10 2013 11:03 PM
By 2050, more than 800,000 New York City residents could be in a flood zone that would encompass one quarter of the city's land.
- Philadelphia Building Collapse: Crane Operator Charged With Manslaughter
June 10 2013 2:06 AM
Sean Benschop, the accused in last week's building collapse in Philadelphia, has been charged with manslaughter.
- California's Chic Housing Markets - Skewing Averages, Policy
June 06 2013 2:05 PM
A Trulia study found that home asking prices in California's busiest metros spiked by 20.7% in 2013, far above the national average of 9.5%.
- 'Mr. Las Vegas,' Wayne Newton, To Vacate Famed Casa de Shenandoah
June 06 2013 10:25 AM
Wayne Newton is moving from his estate of 45 years, Casa de Shenandoah, to another mansion about a mile away.
- US Commercial Real Estate Draws Foreign Investors
June 04 2013 7:26 AM
"Give me your ailing investors, your huddled money managers yearning for success ..."
- Madonna, Because She's Living In A Material World, Sells Apartment To Hedge Fund Titan
May 30 2013 3:02 PM
Madonna is collecting a hair less than $20 million in the sale of her fancy co-op near New York City's Central Park.
- Is Now The Time To Buy? US Foreclosure Sales At 5-Year Low
May 30 2013 8:14 AM
Sales of bank-owned homes fell to encouraging lows in the first quarter, amid news of rising home sales.
- Madoff Old Westbury Home Hits Market For $4.5M
May 28 2013 10:47 AM
A new Madoff home is on the market, listed for sale by the U.S. Marshals Service for $4.5 million.
- New-Home Sales See Another Uptick in April
May 23 2013 10:27 AM
Sales of new single-family homes rose in April to 454,000, up 2.3 percent from the previous month.
- Are Existing Home Sales Another Sign Of US Recovery?
May 22 2013 10:40 AM
Home sales in April rose to a three-year high of 4.97 million, just shy of what economists had expected.
- US Housing Starts Drop Far More Than Expected In April
May 16 2013 8:35 AM
Could the U.S. housing recovery be starting to fade?
- WWII Vet Facing Eviction By His Daughter
May 15 2013 2:04 PM
John Potter's daughter abused her power of attorney and put the deed to his Ohio house in her name.
- Wal-Mart Q1 2013 Earnings Preview
May 15 2013 7:25 AM
Wal-Mart's first quarter started soft. The question is whether traffic picked up toward May or not.