- Colgate-Palmolive 4Q Profits Up On Higher Prices, Sales
January 31 2013 9:16 AM
The maker of Colgate toothpaste and Palmolive soaps increased its profit and revenue in the fourth quarter.
- US Ground Beef Recalled - Salmonella Found In 5 States
January 29 2013 9:03 AM
A recall has been issued for ground beef after a salmonella outbreak in the meat caused illness in five states.
- Two-Buck Chuck Price Raised To $2.49 By Trader Joe's
January 24 2013 10:54 AM
The popular Trader Joe’s wine known as "Two-Buck Chuck" will no longer be living up to his name after its price was raised to $2.49 from $1.99.
- Lowe's Prepares For Its Peak Season With 54,000 Hires
January 23 2013 10:52 AM
Spring is the holiday shopping season for home improvement retailers. Lowe's says it's hiring 54,000 this year.
- McDonald's Beats Estimates, Gives Sales Warning
January 23 2013 10:48 AM
McDonald's Corp. beat profit estimates for the last three months of 2013. However, it says January could see flagging sales.
- Walmart Canada Will Expand, As Target Prepares Entry
January 22 2013 1:51 PM
Walmart Canada will open nine stores on Friday as part of the retail giant's 2013 expansion plans.
- Starbucks Likely To Meet Or Beat Expectations: Earnings Preview
January 18 2013 4:16 PM
Seattle coffee giant Starbucks is expected to report a 14 percent gain in earnings per share on an 11 percent sales increase.
- Target Pajama Recall To Collect 560,000 Sets Of Flammable Children's PJs
January 18 2013 4:10 PM
The Target Corp. (NYSE:TGT) department-store chain is recalling roughly 560,000 children’s pajama sets due to a flame hazard.
- Best Buy’s Holiday Sales Fell, But They Didn't Plummet
January 11 2013 11:11 AM
Best Buy saw negative growth in sales over the recently ended holiday sales season, but the bleeding was less than expected.
- L’Oreal Plants Research Flags in India
January 10 2013 3:27 PM
French beauty giant is spending $184 million to create special recipes for attracting Indian consumers seeking to be attractive.
- Will Monopoly Fans Oust Unbalanced Wheelbarrow?
January 10 2013 5:46 AM
Hasbro’s latest marketing blitz will see the first change to the game’s iconic die cast metal tokens in over 60 years.
- Digital Sales Pass £1 Billion in UK
January 02 2013 11:25 AM
Revenue from digital sales reached a new record in the U.K. in 2012, according to a report from the country's Entertainment Retailers Association.
- New Year Sales 2013: Best Deals And Discounts On New Year's Day In Stores And Online
December 31 2012 11:31 AM
It's almost 2013 and many stores are having New Year's Day sales in stores and online.
- Stores Open On New Year's Day 2013: Walmart, Target And Other Holiday Store Hours [LIST]
December 31 2012 10:45 AM
A list of popular retail stores and chains that will be open with holiday hours on New Year's Day 2013.
- Candy Cigarettes Fine: Lynden's Soda Fountain 'Busted' In St. Paul For Selling Candy Smokes
December 27 2012 12:50 PM
An old-fashioned Minnesota soda fountain was threatened with a $500 fine if it doesn’t stop selling candy cigarettes.
- US Holiday Shopping Lowest Since 2008
December 27 2012 6:34 AM
Sales of electronics, clothing, jewelry and home goods in the two months to Christmas increased by a tad 0.7 percent.
- Best After-Christmas Sales 2012: Deals, Discounts
December 26 2012 10:04 AM
A guide to the best deals and discounts for after-Christmas sales.
- Where To Shop Christmas Eve And Day, If You Must
December 24 2012 12:10 PM
Some stores will be open on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24 and Christmas, Dec. 25 for last minute holiday shopping.
- US East And Gulf Coast Ports Strike Deadline Set For Next Sunday
December 23 2012 9:25 PM
December began with a major labor-management dispute on American docks, and the month may end the same way.
- Year In Review 2012: Fashion Recap For A Momentous 12 Months
December 21 2012 2:13 PM
2012 was a momentous year in style from the best dressed on the red carpet, to memorable moments, to unexpected sartorial surprises.